Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, it won't. Thread complete.

But why would I turn it on if I don't want more exp? What if more exp means I get to 120 and still have a full zone to quest through?

I personally find it fun (the first time) to go through all the zones to get to 120.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    at the start
    And later on they will be there anyway for worldquests.

Pretty much yes. Though the leveling zones in BfA are seperate so it won't be much of an issue there. It's odd how Blizzard is trying to force people into PvP when it's not really a popular part of the game though. Not sure what they hope to gain.

Whoever told you that you won't meet opposing faction players until max level is not very well informed because you will, even on alpha there are tons of them and you can't even hit max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Whoever told you that you won't meet opposing faction players until max level is not very well informed because you will, even on alpha there are tons of them and you can't even hit max level.
    Because the War Campaign (that takes you abroad) isn't supposed to start until 120, and they have it turned on so you can test the quests now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Pretty much yes. Though the leveling zones in BfA are seperate so it won't be much of an issue there. It's odd how Blizzard is trying to force people into PvP when it's not really a popular part of the game though. Not sure what they hope to gain.
    They're not trying to force them. If they wanted that, they'd just make all servers PvP. I expect them to just eventually accept that nobody is truly interested in World PvP and limit it to duels and queueable content.

That all instanced PvP basically runs on a seperate ruleset should be a major hint as to what the problem with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're not trying to force them. If they wanted that, they'd just make all servers PvP. I expect them to just eventually accept that nobody is truly interested in World PvP and limit it to duels and queueable content.

That all instanced PvP basically runs on a seperate ruleset should be a major hint as to what the problem with it is.
    Did you see the interviews? I'm pretty sure they are trying to get more people into it anb then theres the bonus XP and all that.
    Not a big issue for me but it's weird system in my opinion. PvP should reward PvP-stuff, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    First week of launch, sure, maybe.
    This is assuming no one hits 120 super fast, like the first few hours, and decides to go to the other continents and have a camp-fest of the droves of levelers at 110-111ish on day 1.
    War mode will probably be preferred for group levelers, too, as groups typically fare better than solos, but other than that, it won't be that big of an advantage after week 1 once max levelers are roaming around on either continent.

In other words, everything is fine.
    Even those hitting 120 super fast wouldn't be much to worry about. Those people will be so few and fewer still would waste their time roaming around trying to kill other faction players. Usually the ones leveling up quick will pretty much live in dungeons to gear up as fast as possible so they can get ready for the new raid/M+ content.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Is "war mode" only in new BFA zones or will it be added to ALL zones?
    If so, lvling alts on alliance/horde dominated servers will be a breeze
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So we know two things now:

1: War mode (PvP mode) will grant us more XP and rewards

2: That factions will be leveling up in their own continent. Upon hitting 120 the other continent will open up.

This means that at the beginning THERE WILL BE ZERO PVP GOING ON since both factions will be leveling up to 120 in their own continent. Therefore, there will be no one from the opposite faction there to engage in PvP with....

This means there is just no reason NOT to use the PvP feature for leveling up when the expansion comes out...
    the exp bonus will prob not be active till later, cause yeah at launch it wouldent make sense having it because well the other faction cant get to you.

but hey if it makes leveling faster that would be cool, i owuld be fine with it.

if its going to active at launch, everyone will wanty to use it because no one will be at the other side... and then there iwll be no threat...

i dont see why your complaining about it? "THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO USE IT AT LAUNCH" ok... and? what is the downside to this?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    All I want to know is if War Mode will be activate-able in a city, or if it works in dungeons. You could cheese the system by finding a hidden spot somewhere and spamming dungeons to level up faster.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Even those hitting 120 super fast wouldn't be much to worry about. Those people will be so few and fewer still would waste their time roaming around trying to kill other faction players. Usually the ones leveling up quick will pretty much live in dungeons to gear up as fast as possible so they can get ready for the new raid/M+ content.
    I don't disagree, and to add to your point, on the PVP servers on which I play, most people don't even bother to attack each other.
    Plenty of times have I seen an opposing faction player in teh same area, doing the same WQ, and we just go to different areas instead of fighting over mobs or each other.
    One o fthe biggest issues is that WPVP is utterly pointless and yields next to nothing for the participants, so my experience (which is 2 PVP servers out of tons, so very little sample size) is that most people simply don't care to attack other people due to the wasted time potential.

You may be right, even a year from now when everyone's working on alts and such, PVP just becomes the way to go and people still don't attack each other and just soak in that sweet, sweet bonus xp.

Deleted
    The wording on this topic and all is terrible, but I have to agree on the message it contains. It seems that there is no reason not to use the pvp mode especially early on to level to 120. Now what we do not know yet is, how much of an experience boost it is.

Also, if it boosts ANY exp received you can (and I certainly will) activate it just for quest turn-ins as well, with very low risk of actually doing any useless pvp stuff.

Let us see what their thoughts are on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally don't care about what bonuses they add to War Mode, I will have it off forever unless I intend on actually engaging in WPvP, which I highly doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    The wording on this topic and all is terrible, but I have to agree on the message it contains. It seems that there is no reason not to use the pvp mode especially early on to level to 120. Now what we do not know yet is, how much of an experience boost it is.

Also, if it boosts ANY exp received you can (and I certainly will) activate it just for quest turn-ins as well, with very low risk of actually doing any useless pvp stuff.

Let us see what their thoughts are on this.
    You can only toggle it in major cities. So you'd have to go back to a capital every time you wanted to turn in a quest and then back to the capital to turn PvP off.

OT: Surely they've considered this and will probably just disable the bonus the first couple weeks. Afterwards, I have a feeling the bonus exp will be so insignificant that it won't be worth the hassle or it will be too good, people will complain about being "forced" into PvP and they'll nerf it to be insignificant before too long.

I hope they merge Stormrage with Area 52. Would love to have alot of horde and alliance on one server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    You can only toggle it in major cities. So you'd have to go back to a capital every time you wanted to turn in a quest and then back to the capital to turn PvP off.

OT: Surely they've considered this and will probably just disable the bonus the first couple weeks. Afterwards, I have a feeling the bonus exp will be so insignificant that it won't be worth the hassle or it will be too good, people will complain about being "forced" into PvP and they'll nerf it to be insignificant before too long.
    Ah nice didnt know that. Yep that sounds reasonable. I hope it is only a minor bonus. Not a fan of pvp at all, it just feels like wasted time for me, but I have to admit, if the bonus turns out to be a reasonable amount I might feel forced to use it. My guess would be anything above 5% feels too strong - but lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    but you won't nobody will be pvping you cus there on a different continent at the start
    Pffft, logic, gtfouttaheerre...

But seriously this logic is sound AF.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I literally don't care about what bonuses they add to War Mode, I will have it off forever unless I intend on actually engaging in WPvP, which I highly doubt.
    Yeah, I'm totally not going to turn it on and have my experience ruined by gankers and trolls all day. I signed up for a PVE server specifically to not have to deal with that crap.
    I'm nervous about these "bonuses" though; free XP is fine, I guess, but if they have access to better gear and things that are unique to being flagged, that's pretty shit.