Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Nobody uses the CD that's in - it's a collectioner's item
    It's great for ripping the soundtrack in lossless quality. Often you only find mp3 with a low bitrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Which they also sold separately later, if I recall. If they do that with this novella I might pick that up, I would definitely buy an artbook sold separately. That might even be a chance for the better really, since I could pre-order the digital version earlier and grab the artbook later.

I also lament the loss of a mousepad though, I always used the latest one and stored the others. But that's kind've minor.
    In the fine print:
    "*Both stories will become available online later this year, but buying the Collector’s Edition will remain the only way to own the exclusive hardback version containing original artwork."

So if you want a hard copy of those story books with the art, the CE is the only way to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    are you blind or i am the onyl one who see both cd and books?
    It helps to read the info and don't just look at the picture. The "CD" you see is a piece of cardboard with a download key on the back so you can download a digital version of the soundtrack.

There is a hardback book, but it's an illustrated storybook not an art book like what they've traditionally included.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It helps to read the info and don't just look at the picture. The "CD" you see is a piece of cardboard with a download key on the back so you can download a digital version of the soundtrack.

There is a hardback book, but it's an illustrated storybook not an art book like what they've traditionally included.
    Oh i tougth the digital version was a "plus" coming with the physical CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Oh i tougth the digital version was a "plus" coming with the physical CD.
    Nah, no physical soundtrack this year. I mean, I am surprised people are unhappy with this since I remain skeptical anyone actually plays CDs anymore... but never the less, just digital.

Buuuut right there with folks on the art book. Boo.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's about as dead as it gets in the us anyway. Hell even within the next 10 years dvds will be dead too
    With DVD i would agree, there's a hefty difference in DVD vs Bluray. Which is why they also put in Blurays for the Behind The Scenes stuff. But CDs are no different to a digital file. It's just less expanses for them. But what does that say about the CE? There's less stuff in it for a higher price. That's bullshit. They were expensive because they came with a lot of stuff, of course everyone values the content different but they removed like 4 things (i don't really care for the mousepad for instance) but only added 2 new things and raised the price!? No thanks.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    With DVD i would agree, there's a hefty difference in DVD vs Bluray. Which is why they also put in Blurays for the Behind The Scenes stuff. But CDs are no different to a digital file. It's just less expanses for them. But what does that say about the CE? There's less stuff in it for a higher price. That's bullshit. They were expensive because they came with a lot of stuff, of course everyone values the content different but they removed like 4 things (i don't really care for the mousepad for instance) but only added 2 new things and raised the price!? No thanks.
    They didn't remove the music though, just the cd. I can see the art book being an issue, guess it just depends what's in the story book

15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't remove the music though, just the cd. I can see the art book being an issue, guess it just depends what's in the story book
    Yeah but that is removing value. Why print an artbook / novel then? Just include a download code to a pdf with text and pictures? Soon nothing physical but some gimmick will be left in the physical collectors edition?
    Druid since Feb. 06

I'll be happy to trade useless coin (that, btw, don't say its size nor material, so I guess small piece of plastic) and the novel for the art book. I always love to see Blizzard artwork, and I'm seriously weighting for the first time if I'll buy this CE.

As someone mentioned earlier you did lose the ability to have the music in lossless quality. So now you will have compressed music. Personally I don't do much with the physical items other than display them. I want physical items because I find value in having a physical item rather than a digital item. It sucks that they removed so much and yet still increased the price. Thank God I have GCU with Best Buy as I would not pay $100 for this CE.

This must be a joke, 99€ AND for no artbook, no physical OST, no mousepad, a book that will be available only in few languages as always but later came out in more and digital free, no Diablo digital gifts... Well, this was a huge dissapointment because the main reason I buy collector's is because the artbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    This must be a joke, 99€ AND for no artbook, no physical OST, no mousepad, a book that will be available only in few languages as always but later came out in more and digital free, no Diablo digital gifts... Well, this was a huge dissapointment because the main reason I buy collector's is because the artbook.
    I don't expect it to be in any other language than english. Wich it sucks. I have absolutely no problem reading english, but for whoever can't read it, it has almost no value. That's why I think the book art was way better: almost no text (and the existing one was short and simple descriptions), lots of art that everyone can apreciate regardless of language, you couldn't get it any other way (if I'm not mistaken)...

Now with this book you have a novel expected only in english (it'll be a great surprise if they make a collectors book for each language, wich I hardly doubt), the same book you could get later sans the pretty presentation.

I don't think this CE is cheaper for Blizzard (it probably is more expensive), but I think the former model had more value for costumers outside US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when EU can preorder an American product made by an American company before American people can. Because I love having to deal with "email me when product is ready" services. They're so reliable /s

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I don't expect it to be in any other language than english. Wich it sucks. I have absolutely no problem reading english, but for whoever can't read it, it has almost no value. That's why I think the book art was way better: almost no text (and the existing one was short and simple descriptions), lots of art that everyone can apreciate regardless of language, you couldn't get it any other way (if I'm not mistaken)...

Now with this book you have a novel expected only in english (it'll be a great surprise if they make a collectors book for each language, wich I hardly doubt), the same book you could get later sans the pretty presentation.

I don't think this CE is cheaper for Blizzard (it probably is more expensive), but I think the former model had more value for costumers outside US.
    I already have no problem in reading English, but... The translation to other languages will be done anyways for the digital stories, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

What the fuck is this?
    So $100 bucks for a collectors edition with no Artbook or mousepad. Am I reading this right?
    So from what I see they are charging more for some digital items that have nothing to do with the game we are paying for.

Hearthstone
    Azeroth is Burning Card Back

Heroes of the Storm
    Primal Flamesaber Mount

Overwatch
    Tracer Alliance Banner & Horde Banner Emotes
    Torbjorn For the Alliance & For the Horde Emotes
    Zandalar & Kul’Tiras Icons
    Anduin, Jaina, Sylvanas and Varok Sprays

StarCraft II
    Alliance & Horde Sprays

On top of that they are locking story content that should be in the game within a book. Story content that is separate from the other 2 version being sold now in which I think they are both overpriced as well. Unless I'm mistaking and this is going to be in the game.

Ever since Cataclysm the content for each expansion has been getting smaller and smaller with the cost going higher. As of right now players are paying to play on 3 zones. Yes 3 zones. Not 6 because the opposing factions 3 zones don't count. I'm talking about picking any character and playing the zones. If I remember correctly the Burning Crusade I played through 7 zones and Wrath of the Lich King was 9 zones. These zones can be played by any side and the collectors editions cost less than $70 bucks.

The came Cataclysm with the world revamped adding an additional 4 zones. This is where Activision steps in and the games downward spiral commences.
    Mist of Pandaria with 7 zones next comes Warlords of Draenor with 4 zones for with an extra zone for each faction making it 5 each. Now we have Legion with the least number of zones which is 4 released at launch. So since Wrath of the Lich King there has been a 75 percent reduction on game content. Blizzards excuse that players are going through the content fast has nothing to do with the player speeding through the game but the number of playable zones lacking within each expansion. We are getting shafted by this company to pay more for less.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    What the fuck is this?
    So $100 bucks for a collectors edition with no Artbook or mousepad. Am I reading this right?
    So from what I see they are charging more for some digital items that have nothing to do with the game we are paying for.

Hearthstone

Heroes of the Storm
    Primal Flamesaber Mount

Overwatch

StarCraft II
    Alliance & Horde Sprays

On top of that they are locking story content that should be in the game within a book. Story content that is separate from the other 2 version being sold now in which I think they are both overpriced as well. Unless I'm mistaking and this is going to be in the game.

Ever since Cataclysm the content for each expansion has been getting smaller and smaller with the cost going higher. As of right now players are paying to play on 3 zones. Yes 3 zones. Not 6 because the opposing factions 3 zones don't count. I'm talking about picking any character and playing the zones. If I remember correctly the Burning Crusade I played through 7 zones and Wrath of the Lich King was 9 zones. These zones can be played by any side and the collectors editions cost less than $70 bucks.

I'm a little confused by your post, Do you pay for leveling, or do you pay for end game content? but end game we get all 6 zones, and I'm ok with leveling in only 3 zones, it was annoying as shit to go to 5 different zones to level, ya, it was cool that you could choose where you went, but not cool that each one took forever, and you had to do most of them to do the balance of power questline, Also these 6 zones are massive, the 3 for each faction seem as big if not bigger than the broken isles combined.

as far as the CE content is concerned, honestly I feel like I'm only paying $30 extra for the coin, the novell (with original artwork), and the sound track, the hearthstone card and all that stuff are meh, but I feel the book alone is worth more than $30 as it has an actual story with original artwork in it.

Also these 6 zones are massive

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Webhallen, Swedish store.
    Yo mate - may I ask what price you got it at? I was quite shocked when I googled around for a Danish retailer, only to see that cdon.com offered the CE pre-order for 899 DKK. That's $147. Inspired by you I googled webhallen se (whom I understand merged with komplett) and "battle for azeroth collector's edition" and found it for 999 SEK which is around $118, which is far better than cdon.

Seems there's some variety in the pricing going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    The Artbook was one of the reasons that kept me purchasing the Collector's Edition, maybe this time i'll not even buy it.
    Going digital.
    I'm no artist but I can whip you up an artbook if you want.

Will be the highest quality of stick figures ever.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by theossy View Post
    Yo mate - may I ask what price you got it at? I was quite shocked when I googled around for a Danish retailer, only to see that cdon.com offered the CE pre-order for 899 DKK. That's $147. Inspired by you I googled webhallen se (whom I understand merged with komplett) and "battle for azeroth collector's edition" and found it for 999 SEK which is around $118, which is far better than cdon.

Seems there's some variety in the pricing going on...
    I got mine for 948 SEK. I've never managed to snag one under 1000 SEK before here in Sweden, but those times I've also been quite late at ordering as well.

The pricing is jumping all over the place for sure though, and it seems many stores ran out of pre-orders in record time such as Amazon and such. I sure hope Blizzard will produce enough CE's to cover us all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Nah, no physical soundtrack this year. I mean, I am surprised people are unhappy with this since I remain skeptical anyone actually plays CDs anymore... but never the less, just digital.

Buuuut right there with folks on the art book. Boo.
    What is do people want with a Cup Device anyways? I mean mine works perfectly fine, press the button on my PC and the cup device comes out in no time, i dont know what everyone is complaining about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    What the fuck is this?

Hearthstone

Heroes of the Storm
    Primal Flamesaber Mount

Overwatch

StarCraft II
    Alliance & Horde Sprays

The came Cataclysm with the world revamped adding an additional 4 zones. This is where Activision steps in and the games downward spiral commences.
    Mist of Pandaria with 7 zones next comes Warlords of Draenor with 4 zones for with an extra zone for each faction making it 5 each. Now we have Legion with the least number of zones which is 4 released at launch. So since Wrath of the Lich King there has been a 75 percent reduction on game content. Blizzards excuse that players are going through the content fast has nothing to do with the player speeding through the game but the number of playable zones lacking within each expansion. We are getting shafted by this company to pay more for less.
    the book will be released online later, but the artwork that is in the haredcover wont be released.
    so the story will be told, just for those who buy this get it on paper, and with artwork.
    also i hate to say itbut you have to remember how inflation works...
    yes the collectors edition cost less and had more years ago... but that was years ago...
    i remember when you could buy a large bag of chips for a buck fifty, now its a small bag for a buck seventy five.
    also btw you do play through 6 zones, also really are we counting zones now? would you be happier if blizzard released 150 zones, each with 1 quest each? we are getting more, and higher quality quests per zone in the past so who cares about zone count.

Also Wotlk you really counted every zone? Wotlk yes had 9 zones, but icecrown was max level and was pretty much empty until a later patch, and wintergrasp was a pvp zone with little content in it for just normal players, and if you count crystal song... ho boy all those 3 quests.
    but again you cant count just zones, or else blizzards next expansion would have 200 zones with 1 quest each, then you would be a million times more happy right?
    do some research, the zones are only slightly smaller then places like outland and northrend, but are also much more packed, remember all that COMPLETLY useless space in dragonblight, icecrown, and storm peaks?

I find it weird you make this thread about the collectors edition shitting on the zones, when zones have done nothing but get bigger and better, yes there is less, but they are better, have more quests, have more interesting quests, and more packed instead of a flat plain of ice with 4 mobs.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-04-06 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good