Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since its pretty well established people don't agree with the OP i'll tackle something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Borders View Post
    I don't see how. WOTLK was so good that it is basically impossible for BFA to be better at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    WOTLK was the best, after that i could discuss but i don't want.
    I contest this opinion strongly.
    Wotlk only looks good in retrospect, particularly to those who started then (which was a huge majority of the playerbase). On the surface it seems like it was perfect but it started the playerbases unstoppable descent into mediocrity. Dungeons were aoe spamfests where most classes just walked around hammering their 1 aoe spell the whole time. The entire first raid tier was cleared within days of people reaching level 80 and over 90% of it was recycled from vanilla Naxx except this time it was a joke. Later it also introduced the dungeon finder, the single worst addition for the community ever. It elevated being able to play badly into letting people play not only play badly but behave like dickheads without any consequences as well. This all combined together and climaxed with creating the incessantly whiny subsection of the playerbase that infest the forums/twitter now (I've paid my x per month too, i deserve EVERYTHING!!!) People coined the term "Wrath baby" for the newer playerbase back then for a reason.

Yes it had upsides. Ulduar was incredible (though it was cut short by the worst tier of all time...) and pvp was probably the best its ever been but the expansion was certainly not the hail mary posts like this suggest.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2018-04-06 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Everything has been set up perfectly story wise, art wise, music wise, hype wise.
    Story wise: No; art wise: maybe; music wise: haven't heard enough to judge; hype wise: Oh my god hell no! When BfA was announced I had to take two weeks completely off and did not want to see anything of the game for the first time since I started in Wrath because I was so incredibly pissed off.

Because:
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    my faction is pulling the "villain card" again. its going to be crap.
    And in the end it will all amount to a whole lot of nothing because there can't be a winner. N'zoth will come out, people will learn of the Void Lords as the next big enemy and Alliance and Horde will again decide to work together despite everything that happened.

If Sylvanas will still lead the Horde is questionable but since she's becoming a genocidal maniac that thinks the Horde can only survive by annihilating the Alliance and every corpse on the battlefield should come back to listen to her command I won't miss her anyway.

Eh, thats said by many people before nearly every expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Since its pretty well established people don't agree with the OP i'll tackle something else.

I contest this opinion strongly.
    Wotlk only looks good in retrospect, particularly to those who started then (which was a huge majority of the playerbase). On the surface it seems like it was perfect but it started the playerbases unstoppable descent into mediocrity. Dungeons were aoe spamfests where most classes just walked around hammering their 1 aoe spell the whole time. The entire first raid tier was cleared within days of people reaching level 80 and over 90% of it was recycled from vanilla Naxx except this time it was a joke. Later it also introduced the dungeon finder, the single worst addition for the community ever. It elevated being able to play badly into letting people play not only play badly but behave like dickheads without any consequences as well. This all combined together and climaxed with creating the incessantly whiny subsection of the playerbase that infest the forums/twitter now (I've paid my x per month too, i deserve EVERYTHING!!!) People coined the term "Wrath baby" for the newer playerbase back then for a reason.

Yes it had upsides. Ulduar was incredible (though it was cut short by the worst tier of all time...) and pvp was probably the best its ever been but the expansion was certainly not the hail mary posts like this suggest.
    This guy gets it. I agree 100000000%

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Slaughtering civilians is evil
    Will we ever stop judging fantasy wars by modern standards? We were bombing civilian towns like Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki regularly until the 50's and the Warcraft universe is clearly less technologically and socially advanced than a 1950's society.

Beyond that, do people actually believe this is the first time that civilians have been killed in combat?

No civilians were killed in Camp Taurajo, Southshore, Gilneas, the Siege of Orgrimmar, Zul'Farrak, Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman, Deadmines, Scarlet Monastery, etc.? These are all permanent settlements so the odds of no civilians being there is nil and we clearly wiped most of them out along with enemy combatants. The only difference now is that Blizzard is using it as an emotional appeal to sell the boring concept of another faction war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    BfA will see a huge drop in the Alliance playerbase. Some of them might go horde but some might frankly just quit the game. Screwing an entire faction over is going to affect the playerbase as a whole.
    The Horde have been completely absent from the story of the game since the Stormheim questlines at Legion's launch and Alliance players are still complaining that they've been screwed over. I don't know what more you could possibly want...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm less offended by the fact that Sylvanas is Warchief and more by the fact that Blizzard expects us to believe that the orcs, trolls and tauren as a whole would condone her usage of the plague, the killing of civilians and the desecration of druidic sites.

Oh well, at least we get mag'har orcs, Zandalari and vulpera (probably)...
    This. Fairly excited for BfA, but the Horde plot has me frustrated. I've saved this world countless times now. BfA turning me into a lackey for evil while the other leaders are off on vacation isn't really working for me at all.

imo Horde has to play the role of the aggressor at least initially otherwise the faction war will feel ridiculous

i assume that later in the xpac we'll learn the terrible (and completely unexpected) truth: that we've been played for fools by some 3rd group (probably the Old Gods) and a redeeming arc for the Horde (with or without Sylvanas) will follow

overall i have high hopes for this xpac, there's alot of potential as long as they can deliver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I am sure i will enjoy the upcoming expac. Warfronts sound nice, so do isles. Even if i would have liked to play them solo
    This is the problem. Wtf are u doing playing an mmo for fuck sake.

Deleted
    I play it to annoy you.
    Mission failed. Go next single player

Deleted
    Classes are a mess and we're 4 months away from release. We are going into "beta" in August 14th. The real expansion will begin in Winter or 2019.

Deleted
    No, i will stay. Just to annoy you.
    #Worth, you will deny yourself a game that actually suits you for this reason and fail miserabily too. Well played sir, you must be the pinnacle of mankind motivational people

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-balancing titanforging has a chance of ruining a lot of replayability. Imho they should really just leave it as-is and maybe introduce something to guarantee a certain TF for hardcore players. Thing is, if they nerf titanforging as well, you'll be "done" with your main/alt much quicker each week and for non-altoholics this will result in a feeling that there isn't much to do. You can't demand that blizzard makes 100% more content to compensate because that won't happen.

Class balance does need to be adressed. I think it's insane that new frost mages and druids desperately seek ToS groups every week for an old 2-set, not to become overpowered but to become basically competitive at all, while the general game design has deemed old raids as irrelevant content.

Class design and the new 180 degree turn into "bring the class rather than your friend", seem very troubling. I suspect high-end m+ will get a cookie cutter class setup that won't be budged for a while. And when it finally is, people who have invested x amount of time in nerfed class X will probably be upset.

Deleted
    You are welcome. Now lets talk about the upcoming expac. What are you going to play in BfA? Or is flaming people on the internet the last thing you really enjoy?
    I dont know honeslty, Trying to figure out how much this gcd on offensive and defensive cooldowns is gonna impact the pacing of the specs i currently play. we'll see

I heard the exact same thing with WoD... good thing we all remember that expansion so fondly now, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Re-balancing titanforging has a chance of ruining a lot of replayability. Imho they should really just leave it as-is and maybe introduce something to guarantee a certain TF for hardcore players. Thing is, if they nerf titanforging as well, you'll be "done" with your main/alt much quicker each week and for non-altoholics this will result in a feeling that there isn't much to do. You can't demand that blizzard makes 100% more content to compensate because that won't happen.

Class balance does need to be adressed. I think it's insane that new frost mages and druids desperately seek ToS groups every week for an old 2-set, not to become overpowered but to become basically competitive at all, while the general game design has deemed old raids as irrelevant content.

Class design and the new 180 degree turn into "bring the class rather than your friend", seem very troubling. I suspect high-end m+ will get a cookie cutter class setup that won't be budged for a while. And when it finally is, people who have invested x amount of time in nerfed class X will probably be upset.
    Titanforging has nothing to do with Replayability. And theme parks MMOS were never designed to be replayable anyway. If blizz wants to turn WoW into Diablo (Wich they were trying to for quite some time) feel free to do so but dont use this lame excuse of "nothing to do" cuz it'z obvious and lame. THis game became great in times were there was no such thing as titanforge and multiple difficulty raids or even queues and loot showers. THERE ARE METHODS TO KEEP THE CONTENT RELEVANT, they just dont want it or are scared that the "i pay i want everything" community will ditch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Professions being relevant is a meme when such easy gearing exists and welfare/catchup is so prevalant.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post

10. Allied races are like free chocolate bars being served at a restaurant. They're pretty exciting at first, but when you realize that you have to do grinds in order to get them, and then level them manually, and they're not going to help you in any way because their racials are intentionally weak, And they create a TON of confusion as they look out of place when they're a cross-faction race, it's hard to stay excited about them. Especially when we'd all like a BETTER STORY in PVE than "people are mean, war happened, be more upset about the faction war you've been experiencing for 13 years straight". I want some MEAT. Not...24 more races to play.
    Huh? This is the worst analogy I think I've ever read before. What restaurant requires you to grind for and level up a chocolate bar that's presented as free? Are you trying to say that your hypothetical restaurant that is giving away chocolate bars for free has some deceptive strings attached? How is that even remotely relatable to the Allied Races system?

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    what is it with this anti-alt nonsense? I have 2 alts since the beginning of legion, if you don't expect to always have your bis legendary in the first weeks/months on a shitty alt there is absolutely NO drawback. Even when I stopped playing the alts for weeks I could quickly catch up on AP...in fact Legion felt very altfriendly to me, because it is SO easy to push itemlvl on alts quickly.
    An alt should not have to farm the same as a main, it never had too up untill legion, maybe a rep or two but never AP, rep, leggo rng slot machine and so forth, an alt should be capable of performing the same as someone elses main, just by doing fun things with it and a flavor of skill, thats how it has been for a decade. And no the last patch and the ability to farm leggos for alts is not something i count for an entire expac, before you think of writting this.

so far it looks like "WoD 2: Revenge of the Pruning "

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    However it 100% dependent on the systems dev team at WoW. There is no middle ground here. It will either be a great expansion with great systems, or a WoD 2.0 with disastrous systems.
    Unless previous expansions were created through magical whimsy rather than developers, I think that, in fact, each expansion has been and always will be 100% dependent on the dev team.

Also there is a lot of middle ground between great and disastrous. A lot.