Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    Anyway, this shows again how desperately the Orcs need strong, young characters and don't rely on old warriors to lead them into the future.
    At best, Blizzard will use Nazgrel again.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I liked Malfurions portrayal here and am I late to the “Sylvanas is evil because she saved Saurfang from dying with ....HONAHH”
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Even though large tracts of Kalimdor and many old and famous zones have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Forsaken and all the odious apparatus of Horde rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Ashenvale, we shall fight in the trees and mountains, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in Darkshore, we shall defend our land, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the forests and along the roads, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!
    Lol, started reading this and was like...that sounds familiar...oh wait. Lol

How could people be blaming Sylvanas for saving Saurfang here? She probably didn't even know it was a Mak'gora, and even if she did why would she let one of her top commanders and the Orc racial leader die if she could stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Lol, started reading this and was like...that sounds familiar...oh wait. Lol
    Yeah I wondered how many would recognize.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Koraggar View Post
    How could people be blaming Sylvanas for saving Saurfang here? She probably didn't even know it was a Mak'gora, and even if she did why would she let one of her top commanders and the Orc racial leader die if she could stop it?
    Because, Sylvanas. People hate her here for some reason but not I.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anyone explicitly do that? Not counting the usual Sylvanas Reeeeing from the usual suspects.

Deleted
    I think she doesn't know it's supposed to be a duel, but if she knew, then yes, as the Warchief of the Horde it would be her duty to watch the orc racial leader die if he loses. That's how it's supposed to work in the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I still have doubts about this.
    Did the tavern collapse because of Malfurion? Or because of Sylvanas arrow?

There's a lot of possibilities depending on the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    The building is going to collapse anyway. Mafurion's magic has already undone its foundation and he is about to kill Saurfang. Sylvanas's arrow is the only way to dispell Malfurion's magic and draw him away from Saurfang.

In any case it is a rescue, not perfect but she would not have time to get a better plan.
    Seems like Malfurion's spell caused the building to be structurally weakened, but one of Sylvanas' empowered Black Arrows finished it off after being possibly diverted by Malfurion's abilities. Cruel mercy either way, I suppose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Found on US Forums. Some really fun shit:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seems like Malfurion's spell caused the building to be structurally weakened, but one of Sylvanas' empowered Black Arrows finished it off after being possibly diverted by Malfurion's abilities. Cruel mercy either way, I suppose.
    I was curious because it has different implications depending on what exactly happened

Did she try to save Saurfang?
    Did she try to take down Malfurion by sacrificing Saurfang and bringing the building down on them both?
    Was she even aware of Saurfang being there?

There's a lot of questions. I guess they will be left unanswered until we get the full story
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    At best, Blizzard will use Nazgrel again.
    Would actually be happy about that. Not sure why they let him and Jorin just waste away instead of at least being a minor chars for Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    That really doesn't look like a night elf's face for whatever to me. Maybe its just the lack of facial tattoos.
    imo, the nose is too stubby and that her eyes arent glowing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If Sylvanas kills Malfurion I'm going to boycott Blizzard for the biggest fucking bias and bullshit in the history of WoW.

But I guess we have to wait and see. That story was made for the hype and it did pretty well. I'm looking forward to see what happens next.
    I honestly believe this is to save face on Malfurion's behalf since the player backlash and mocking of how he was in Azsuna, Darkheart Thicket and Emerald Nightmare.

How to make him better? Make him seem moved and flawed by trying to attack others for the slight on Teldrassil in a hasty, amoral way... And pit him against someone who gets fan service and liked by a bigger majority.

Instant +1 to Malfurion. Killing him off would receive so much more backlash, worse still with Teldrassil gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I can't wait for Malfurion To die. because ofc he will. And ones more, i feel like as the Novellas makes it very clear the horde is the aggresor. Which just means It will be more of a joke with the entire" the team hopes that what happened is open for debate" which so far seems VERY cear who the aggresor is, so will be a joke that either A Rogue faction of the Horde went to far, and started the fire on teldrassil or somekind of Mistake
    Malfurion wont die - we have dialogue showing he makes it back to Darkshore during the prelaunch scenarios. He might get hurt or injured but he wont die and I think Blizzard knows killing him will be a stupid move especially since he just got closure with Illidan and you know the whole "protecting Azeroth is your duty now". It would be like killing Thrall, it wont happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maculo View Post
    Between the Alliance story and the BFA image below, I am wondering whether the Night Elf character is meant to mirror Sylvanas' defense of Silvermoon (i.e., doomed female ranger general against undead). I originally thought the "dying" elf in the image would be Vareesa, but the skin looks purple.

Yes, I got the same feeling it's that.

Maybe we had it all wrong. The dead elf can be the person that is sent to Teldrassil to warn the others in the Elegy story.

Once we've read the story, it would all make sense- she died just before being able to tell the Night elves about the ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    anything can happens, druid or not if he take a axe in the head he die like anyone, rly, there is no need to put sylvanas there too

if malfuion was that strong Saurfang would die in one second
    But he IS that strong - we dont know the full story yet, was he maybe trying to lure out the lich queen? Maybe he was going to interrogate the orc? we wont know until we get the full release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    He needs time and concentration to summon storms.

Powerful spell caster can do things that warrior could not achieve if they could have time to concentrate, but an arrow to the head or an axe to the head would kill the as easily as others. This is how a typical fantasy writing would do to balance mage and warriors. Otherwise you would make spell-caster invincible which is not good for the overall story.

How do you expect Sylvanas would know the move of Malfurion? And Saurfang also admits that he makes an stupid mistake. Sylvanas just arrives in time and that is all.
    How would she knows? i dont know some kind of BS. But she probaly set it up as a trap, cus she have super insight... And lore wise long casting times is not really a thing in wow, when he thought Tyranded died in war of the ancient he in pure anger and furry just channel a maelstream. In Wolfheart in a heartbeat he caused lightning to fall from the sky to stop a pointless argument. with his poweres it been showed he does not need time nor concetration.

BUT he will probaly die, and become yet another nameless alliance charcter who dies. because "sylvanas set it up as atrap, cus she is smart and pretty"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    anything can happens, druid or not if he take a axe in the head he die like anyone, rly, there is no need to put sylvanas there too

if malfuion was that strong Saurfang would die in one second
    But was it Malfurion's goal...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Malfurion wont die - we have dialogue showing he makes it back to Darkshore during the prelaunch scenarios. He might get hurt or injured but he wont die and I think Blizzard knows killing him will be a stupid move especially since he just got closure with Illidan and you know the whole "protecting Azeroth is your duty now". It would be like killing Thrall, it wont happen.
    Yea he makes it back to darkshore, but that is before the burning of teldrassil. While on the other hand, He is NOWHERE to be found in the beta. he probaly dies a pointless death trying to prevent the burning of teldrassil, and as we all knows fails.