Poll: Who is baiting who in novela previews?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only reason why I want Malfy to bite it is because they made him ridiculously OP. It has gotten to the point that if he's not somehow stupidly nerfed for story purposes his mere presence should turn the tide of any battle he participates. If they depower him somehow, I would be okay with him staying alive though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Only reason why I want Malfy to bite it is because they made him ridiculously OP. It has gotten to the point that if he's not somehow stupidly nerfed for story purposes his mere presence should turn the tide of any battle he participates. If they depower him somehow, I would be okay with him staying alive though.
    IMHO Blizzard should have killed Furion in Broken Shore instead of Varian.

You can create compeling stories with overpowered characters. Malfurion being on superman level is not a valid reason to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You can create compeling stories with overpowered characters. Malfurion being on superman level is not a valid reason to kill him.
    Well you can but Blizz seems to struggle with it. But meh, I personally am not a fan of comicbookish writing in Warcraft so different strokes for different blokes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    IMHO Blizzard should have killed Furion in Broken Shore instead of Varian.
    It was Varian mainly to push Anduin's development though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Malfurion has faced worse than Sylvanas. Many times. Only time I can remember her facing someone on his power level was Lich King, and she almost had him once - in an ambush. I think that's what she would have to do to take Malfurion: lure him into an ambush. It's what she's good at.
    1. Malfurion has not been shown to have his OP Knaak powers for a very long time.
    2. Malfurion on Lich King's power level? That's a big ole joke right?
    3. Death > Nature

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Let's not forget Malfurion is Metzen's fav character, so he ain't going to die like Varian or Vol'jin
    Yup and metzen retired. And doesn't have much to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    1. Malfurion has not been shown to have his OP Knaak powers for a very long time.
    2. Malfurion on Lich King's power level? That's a big ole joke right?
    3. Death > Nature
    Death is just one part of the cycle.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Based on how quickly Sylvanas shows up, I'd say she was close by waiting for some high-ranking Nelf to show up. The whole reason Saurfang "challenges" Malfurion to a duel is to buy time so that his advisers can get away and get their war maps to Sylv. There's no way his troops got out, made it all the way to wherever Sylv was, relayed the info, and she made it all the way to Astranaar in the time it took for Malf to walk through the door.
    /Catchphrase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I noticed something terrible ! She doesn't let saurfang just get killed by malfy. That must obviously be part of some super evil plan.

Death is just one part of the cycle.
    If we're talking about natural death... but we're not, we're talking about Death magic and Decay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    Based on how quickly Sylvanas shows up, I'd say she was close by waiting for some high-ranking Nelf to show up. The whole reason Saurfang "challenges" Malfurion to a duel is to buy time so that his advisers can get away and get their war maps to Sylv. There's no way his troops got out, made it all the way to wherever Sylv was, relayed the info, and she made it all the way to Astranaar in the time it took for Malf to walk through the door.
    The Horde was saving their new secret weapon just for the right moment... Oculeth

"Bitch I go where I want, when I want" ~Oculeth

Well you can but Blizz seems to struggle with it. But meh, I personally am not a fan of comicbookish writing in Warcraft so different strokes for different blokes I guess.

Lets be honest, Blizzard struggle with anything related to story. :P

Deleted
    Malfurion has faced worse than Sylvanas. Many times. Only time I can remember her facing someone on his power level was Lich King, and she almost had him once - in an ambush. I think that's what she would have to do to take Malfurion: lure him into an ambush. It's what she's good at.
    This battle isn't determinated by power tho. It's all about that plot armor and I'm not sure if Malfurion's one is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    This battle isn't determinated by power tho. It's all about that plot armor and I'm not sure if Malfurion's one is thicker.
    Haha, Sylvanus got Val'kyr reinforced armor in Cata, visually updated in Legion and she is a fan favorite for quite a crowd.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    My real question, impossible to answer from this short story... Is Saurfang the real target? Or is he bait? Possibly by both sides?
    • The reason Sylvanas arrives so fast is she was waiting to catch Malfurion where she could eliminate him.
    • Perhaps Malfurion expected Sylvanas to come when he attacked Saurfang and wanted to lure her out.
    • Which was playing the deeper game? We'll have to wait for more story to find out.

Poll incoming...
    Sylvanas better not die or i will be super saiyan god ultra instant mastered pissed off and as roman reigns would say believe that!
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Let's not forget Malfurion is Metzen's fav character, so he ain't going to die like Varian or Vol'jin
    Wrong. Furion is fave child of Afrasiabi.

Yes but Furion dies from Burning Legion hand is more logical way to kill off Furion. The only other way I can see its Azshara herself killing Malfurion.

Deleted
    you'll agree that the lich king is beyond malfurion's powerlevel

anyway, sylvanas did not ambush the Lich King, she ambushed Arthas, the weakened Death Knight

Deleted
    Sylvanas can't assassinate Saurfang by herself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I noticed something terrible ! She doesn't let saurfang just get killed by malfy. That must obviously be part of some super evil plan.
    "Well, it seems like Sylvanas actually saved Saurfang's life"

"SHE CLEARLY DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM, STOP DEFENDING YOUR WAIFU"

"But I just-"

"SHE'S GOING TO BE A RAID BOSS, DEAL WITH IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "Well, it seems like Sylvanas actually saved Saurfang's life"

"SHE CLEARLY DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM, STOP DEFENDING YOUR WAIFU"

"But I just-"

"SHE'S GOING TO BE A RAID BOSS, DEAL WITH IT"
    Actually, if you go and read other threads about these two novels, you'll see that people are complaining about Sylvanas "saving" Saurfang because she dishonourably interrupted sacred Mak'gora.

"A Tale of Two Novellas: Elegy/A Good War" thread is quite hilarious.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-07 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Actually, if you go and read other threads about these two novels, you'll see that people complaining about Sylvanas "saving" Saurfang because she dishonourably interrupted sacred Mak'gora.
    Oh don't worry, I read some of that incredible stuff already. Even though I still have to figure out how it's possible to interrupt a duel that never actually started. Malfurion didn't want to duel, he wanted to crush Saurfang like an ant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.