Deleted

Is this game fun?

Hello. Is this game fun by any chance? I am looking for a pvp type game that is competitive and rewarding

Very. But seeing as fun is subjective, you'll get plenty of no's I imagine as well. I love that there are no last hits etc and boosting like lol has but to each their own. I also love the roster, I like knowing heroes and their history which is another reason I couldn't really get into League. So for Holly, yussss this game is fun <3

In my opinion, this game is great. Especially when there is maintenance on the other Blizz games. It's not hard to learn and there's always a different character to play. I like how they rotate the free heroes each week.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since alpha, it's a lot of fun, moreso than a lot of other MOBAs due to the aforementioned lack of last hits and boosting but also because it has a very strong underdog mechanic resulting in no need for a surrender option which ruins some MOBAs. The maps are mostly well designed (though I'm not overly keen on the themes of some being taken from SC/Diablo/OW, I prefer the unique Nexus themed ones).

Only thing I have disliked over the course of HotS is that it was originally supposed to feature a mash of Heroes from the Warcraft/Starcraft/Diablo universes but a few years after it's launch Blizzard launched another new game called Overwatch then started spamming HotS with it's faceless/loreless heroes. Now don't get me wrong I do actually like some of the OW heroes playstyle but the fact they are spamming HotS with them when there are so many Heroes still waiting to come over from the established franchises irks me somewhat.

Oh, and I dislike that we can't buy skins for money any more unless they're on offer, that was kind of a slap in the face to the HotS fans who effectively crowd funded this game during the time Blizzard had lost all interest in it lol. But overall a great game

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s pretty good, I like it more than LoL simply because there is no this uberfed carries bullshit that makes games unwinnable once you are behind.

You can actually recover here. On the flipside, you don’t have all these summoner abilities like Flash, so many champions are quite literal sitting ducks and need even more support from team.

Maps having objectives and talent system as opposed to items is better imo too. No bullshit like last hit is nice too.

It also looks better than LoL and if you are Blizzard games fan you have some fun shit like Dreadlord Jaina and such.

It's got some fun elements, certainly. We can't tell you what you'll enjoy of course, but Cho'Gall is great fun for me. I exclusively play with friends, which I think reesukts in a better experience, but YMMV.

Been playing for years. While I’m not wild about every decision the devs make, the game has remained fun thus far.

Deleted
    Very fun but there at not a lot people playing it and there are many "forgotten" or straight "troll" Heroes that can easily destroy serious/competitive drafts. Combine the two and you will face many tilting situations with players in almost all league divisions (from bronze up to low master) - other games like Dota2 have a wider playerbase and active punishment instruments against these things (pick wrong talents, heroes items whatever and after 8 games you get your ban). Also thanks to the bigger playerbase the serious crowd is far more dense in upper leagues while the not so serious players drop quickly.

So depending on how serious and forgiving you are, this game might fun for you to get into or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by B4lmung View Post
    pick wrong talents, heroes items whatever and after 8 games you get your ban
    Really? That's pretty damn terrible. Here let us design these talents and items for you to use and then BAN you for using them... that's literally lulwut moment there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Really? That's pretty damn terrible. Here let us design these talents and items for you to use and then BAN you for using them... that's literally lulwut moment there.
    At higher levels of play picking the wrong talents can lead to losses (yes, you can be wrong for picking certain talents, Heroes, etc. depending on the situation). This game is very reliant on picking the right counters which includes talent builds, so if you decide to pick say, an ultimate that gets completely hard countered by the enemy team comp or something else that would have helped counter something like an ultimate, people will have valid reasons for reporting you. For instance, if your team has no other tank than Varian, but he decides to go Twinblades instead, that could be considered trolling. Another example would be Diablo's Lightning Breath, which is so bad that no one ever picks it unless they have no idea what they are doing or wants his team to tilt on purpose.

That being said, you do not just get banned immediately for picking certain Heroes or talents. There are plenty of one trick players on the ladder that play a ton without getting banned, so take what B4lmung says with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That being said, you do not just get banned immediately for picking certain Heroes or talents. There are plenty of one trick players on the ladder that play a ton without getting banned, so take what B4lmung says with a pinch of salt.
    Pretty sure the guy was talking about picking the wrong hero items in Dota, not HotS; but my reading comprehension could need tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Pretty sure the guy was talking about picking the wrong hero items in Dota, not HotS; but my reading comprehension could need tuning.
    Yeah, the comment is a bit confusing to me as well. Don't remember DOTA 2 having talents since I played it last time a few weeks ago, so I interpreted it as him talking about HotS (I know LoL has talent trees though).

Yes it is fun, especially when you play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingMerch View Post
    Yes it is fun, especially when you play with friends.
    If I had friends I wouldn't be playing vidya games.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If I had friends I wouldn't be playing vidya games.
    Lel. I am playing video games because of my friends. All of them are pretty much nerds xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been more fun done the right way without making players wait for heroes over the course of years. It adds nothing to the gameplay at all.