Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Realm pop not showing allied races?

Hey. ( https://realmpop.com/ )

Does any of you guys know the reason for this?

Will they ever get the alllied races numbers?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey. ( https://realmpop.com/ )

Does any of you guys know the reason for this?

Will they ever get the alllied races numbers?
    Maybe there isn't enough to show each individually?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Maybe there isn't enough to show each individually?
    Feels like there are millions of void elves atleast . But maby you're right..

I just want to see which gender picked for lighforged, On Normal draenei it's 63% female, but i was wondering if the new options for male the beard etc made them more appealing to people, or if most people still went female

Pick what YOU like.

10+ Year Old Account
    But isn't RealmPop data already flawed even without allied races?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Allied Races population is the lowest since they are locked behind rep grinds

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you got a better source for number, then please do tell, But i'm gonna believe it until i'm presented with another option.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you got a better source for number, then please do tell, But i'm gonna believe it until i'm presented with another option.
    There is no real reliable source, that is where I was heading.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the pie charts, there is a gray section now. Maybe it represents the Allied Races.

Just because there are no better data it doesn't mean Realmpop is reliable either.

But it gives some perspective - Blood Elves are very popular, for example. Not that you need Realmpop to figure that out but it at least matches.

RealmPop scrapes the armory, which means it won't show characters that haven't logged in in a while or under level 20. It's the same data source MMO uses for occasional graphs on the front page. RealmPop is as reliable as the armory itself.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

So a lack of real, official and ACCURATE data = you'll believe whatever?

Nice one.

From scouring the web, Realmpop has only ever held any credibility amongst 1 particular group of players, AKA the ones desperate for the game to be performing badly. Simply because no matter what Realmpop does, it will never show anything that can be verified, it won't be updated by official channels, it won't be grasping at more than what it can easily reach.

So seems there's no reliable source, really. I wish they'd at the very least release another one of those MoP graphs they did with statistics.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-04-07 at 04:54 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Realmpop has a grey pie piece at the Races, it just hasn't split them up yet.

Unknown 137000 characters. or 1.9% of 110 EU.

Do you have anything to actually back that up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    RealmPop scrapes the armory, which means it won't show characters that haven't logged in in a while or under level 20. It's the same data source MMO uses for occasional graphs on the front page. RealmPop is as reliable as the armory itself.
    That is true but still not reliable data for an overall count.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    Pick what YOU like.
    What if what I like is to play the least played race/class combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Do you have anything to actually back that up?
    Nothing to back it up, it is common knowledge that only Blizzard has the correct numbers.

Since allied races begin at 20 wouldn't that second part be irrelevant to this particular discussion?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Nothing to back it up, it is common knowledge that only Blizzard has the correct numbers.
    But that doesn't mean realmpop is flawed.That's pretty much as accurate as you can get. Yeah blizzard has subscription numbers but that doesn't have anything to do with realmpop, which shows characters.

But that doesn't mean realmpop is flawed.That's pretty much as accurate as you can get. Yeah blizzard has subscription numbers but that doesn't have anything to do with realmpop, which shows characters.

It somewhat scrapes the armory

To get the list of characters for a realm, first we record all the characters who posted to the auction house. Then we fetch and record their guild rosters. This should cover the majority of characters on a realm. To avoid getting listed, a character must never post to the auction house, and never belong to a guild where a guild member posts to the auction house.
    First it scrapes the AH API (assuming they use Blizzard vs 3rd party site. Then it goes to armory. So it still misses a good chunk of data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    First it scrapes the AH API (assuming they use Blizzard vs 3rd party site. Then it goes to armory. So it still misses a good chunk of data.
    Lucetia put it quite well.