Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who's musical interests were far different from yours? Suppose the other person likes country and you hate country, or likes rap and you hate rap.

Could you make it it work?
    I can have have. Married him actually. Still hate his music.
    Here is something to believe in!

Of course I would, lol (if I like that person, of course.) I'd just put on my headphones if I wanted to listen to my favorite music and the deal is sealed
    Though there should be some other mutual interests, if they don't coincide in music

Of course because it is just a different interest, and that's it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    If you're the type of person who listens to rap, we're fundamentally incompatible. Fucking wannabe gangsters.
    Hey some gangsta rap is ok.
    I'm a metal head but sometimes I like listening to Coolio - Gangsta Paradise or DMX - Party Up. A lot of Eminem songs are also pretty good.
    I also like genre mixing, so a metal-rap mix is something I would give thumbs up.
    I loved Korns experimental album The Path of Totality, which mixed dubstep and metal. Fucking awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Hey some gangsta rap is ok.
    I'm a metal head but sometimes I like listening to Coolio - Gangsta Paradise or DMX - Party Up. A lot of Eminem songs are also pretty good.
    I also like genre mixing, so a metal-rap mix is something I would give thumbs up.
    I loved Korns experimental album The Path of Totality, which mixed dubstep and metal. Fucking awesome stuff.
    I became reluctant to it after this was playing everywhere some time back along with Eminem and some other rap artists I don't know the name of:

My type of music is more in line with:

Deleted
    Ultimately it all depends on what you want from your partner. Personally music has been a big factor in my life, and I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life pretending that I like or tolerate something that I absolutely hate.

It also depends on how much the tastes differ. Is her favorite composer Verdi instead of Wagner? Palestrina instead of Elgar? Not a big deal. All are great despite of being vastly different.

But does she reject music and culture altogether in favor of some complete garbage like rap, pop or metal? No thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    I became reluctant to it after this was playing everywhere some time back along with Eminem and some other rap artists I don't know the name of:

My type of music is more in line with:

That rap is terrible, I would not listen to that.

Sabaton is not bad, especially a few songs like that one. I just don't listen to them too often, even though the band is in my library.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is this even a question? Music taste isn’t an issue. Nobody ever died of listening to music they don’t like.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

If I were a passive or casual music listener, perhaps. However, I am a ravounes consumer of music and partake of many concerts, shows, operas and have records galore. Unless I am watching a film, music is almost always playing in my house. And I do not tolerate other music playing in concert or contrast.

So, no.

Deleted
    Yeah, I am not 16 anymore.

Deleted
    Lmao, of course. That's like a complete non issue.

Who's musical interests were far different from yours? Suppose the other person likes country and you hate country, or likes rap and you hate rap.

I turn on NPR and don't look back.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    What a bizarre thread

OFC I would I aren't a child

If she were to like different music I don't really care.

If she were constantly forcing me to listen to said music that might be another story.

God no.

Don't ever settle, they'll just rape you to death if you settle.

Ask for 150%. Not only do they have to be what you want, they have to have the money and they have to want to serve you and be your bitch. Take them for all they're worth.

Anything less than that is a "just-for-now" toy of a human pet.

So the answer here is yah I'd fuck them, if they were sexy and hot and clean and had no mistakes or disfigured and let me switch freely between penetrating their asshole and vagina (they'll be keeping their asshole clean so ass to mouth shouldn't bother anybody, ass to mouth only bothers bitches who don't douche their assholes clean, no gonna touch a bitch that dirty, sick) but I wouldn't waste money dating them.

Surprise, people have different tastes and interests. People who don't care don't go to shows, probably don't leave the house much anyway, and have music as a low priority on their interests.

There's probably something else that they're more interested in that wouldn't be compatible with someone that hates it, or they could just be boring people.

But that's anything. Someone that's really into food isn't going to be compatible with someone that isn't interested in trying new foods and likes to eat at chain restaurants. This isn't a difficult box to look out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Seems silly to hold an entire genre of music against a person. But ya, specific artists are deal breakers.

Stop the car, date is over, if the person starts playing;

Toby Keith
    Ted Nugent
    Kid Rock
    Lindsay Sterling
    Night Wish

The Eagles

Within Temptation still cool?

or Auri?

Yes, I predominantly listen to Thrash metal but my ex was more into pop and hip hop and music was definitely not a factor in the breakup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, this doesn't matter to me at all. I want 1-3 things in common with my partner, not *everything*.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I knew someone seven years ago, female, that I was interested in. She had two reasons we could never work. The biggest one was I wasn't charitable. She enjoyed doing things in her free time that helped people or helped the planet (plant shit, etc). So, cool. I get that. Conflicting hobbies.

Second one was I was not inspired by music nor felt it was an important part of my life. I only listen to music in specific circumstances...Like when I'm running, working out, or PvPing on a video game. Music isn't a big part of my life. She said she doesn't understand that and couldn't be with a person who didn't surround themselves in music (??). Spelling it out like that, I guess I dodged a bullet.

I guess it's a thing, perhaps?