Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Then clearly you aren't really paying attention to thing in this area, which makes sense considering you're an anitfa supporter, facts are difficult aren't they
    So enlighten me.

Once more, I'm confused at why things like this happen.

If you are offended by something, be it a movie, a book, a game, or even a person, would not the logical thing to do be to avoid that thing?

It always baffles me to no end when someone says, "<thing that offends> offends me. I wish they'd do something about it!"

First, you have the right to be offended. Hell, I'm offended by vegans, liberals, conservatives, Trump, store bought pumpkin pies, and christian music.

So...why should anyone else do something about it when you're the one who's offended by it?

If Metallica puts on a show somewhere, why is it important to even acknowledge it, much less try to protest or attempt to ban them? Why is it so difficult to simply ignore the thing that offends you?

If you don't like what's on the radio, you change the station.

If you don't like what's Netflix, you switch to something else.

If you don't like chocolate cake, you don't eat chocolate cake. You eat something else.

Why is so important to you that you deny other people something you yourself do not like, do not want, and do not care to be involved with?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So this is the account Sarahtasher is posting on when her account is banned.
    Good to know.
    That does kind of look like the god awful Frenglish that sarahtasher bestows upon us.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2018-04-07 at 03:03 AM.

One of my friends here in the US is a WW2 reenactor which of course I give him all kinds of shit for because it's one of the lamest hobbies I could possibly imagine, so I got a kick out of this. (He reenacts a US soldier of some type)

OT: I'm not sure how this could have possibly been found offensive if it was kept in the context of a reenactment. That's just butthurt idiots being butthurt, at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Why teach history when you could hurt someones feelings.

feelings > education.
    There is no historic value, people cosplaying as a nazi occupation force in a fictive town in france. It is just people walking around wearing Nazi uniforms, playing to be Nazis.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Pretty soon we will ban war era movies because someone will be triggered.
    Did they know "Iron Sky" and also know it's a german production ?
    The trailer alone should have them cower in fear.... even if it is clearly satire.

NSFW because Nazis from dark side of the moon. Triggers everywhere !! beware !!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKOT6gjc7g

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    Once more, I'm confused at why things like this happen.

If you are offended by something, be it a movie, a book, a game, or even a person, would not the logical thing to do be to avoid that thing?

It always baffles me to no end when someone says, "<thing that offends> offends me. I wish they'd do something about it!"

First, you have the right to be offended. Hell, I'm offended by vegans, liberals, conservatives, Trump, store bought pumpkin pies, and christian music.

So...why should anyone else do something about it when you're the one who's offended by it?

If Metallica puts on a show somewhere, why is it important to even acknowledge it, much less try to protest or attempt to ban them? Why is it so difficult to simply ignore the thing that offends you?

If you don't like what's on the radio, you change the station.

If you don't like what's Netflix, you switch to something else.

If you don't like chocolate cake, you don't eat chocolate cake. You eat something else.

Why is so important to you that you deny other people something you yourself do not like, do not want, and do not care to be involved with?
    If logical views such as yours were to be entertained, we would't have people like Elba able to shitpost ultra left-wing nonsense like he does. So, be grateful we get to have such a "diverse" range of views including those of members who wish to deny others do certain things because those members have moral objections to those things.

I wonder when this will happen with US Civil War reenactments.

OFP

Deleted
    Whoever gets offended by and wants to ban history is the true threat to humanity -- far worse than all nazis, communists and islamists put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Whoever gets offended by and wants to ban history is the true threat to humanity -- far worse than all nazis, communists and islamists put together.
    So people not liking others play Nazis, because in their opinion it is tasteless, because of the horrofic crimes they commited, are worse than the people killing millions?
    And on the photos you can clearly see SS troopers, who were not just normal soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is finding it offensive? Thats the question. I am sure it's not world war 2 veterans thats for sure. We cannot just ban things just because a few people dont like something... I mean Jesus Fucking H Christ

Historical reenactments are there to teach.

Still at least we can read about it. ~Unless these people have started book burning our history for being to offensive too.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-04-07 at 02:48 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    If logical views such as yours were to be entertained, we would't have people like Elba able to shitpost ultra left-wing nonsense like he does. So, be grateful we get to have such a "diverse" range of views including those of members who wish to deny others do certain things because those members have moral objections to those things.
    I'd argue that it isn't even a moral objection.

I think it's simply nothing more than the adult version of "I don't like it, so you shouldn't do it." It's childish, pathetic, and speaks to the lack of character a person has when they're incapable of simply letting their personal feelings remain self-contained. Sure, they can inject some ideological nuance into their perspective to try to give the impression it's driven by something more than baseless personal reactions that are not much different than a child having a tantrum over the fact they have to eat their vegetables, but ultimately, that's what it is.

You're against gay marriage? Great, don't marry someone of the same sex. How hard was that? What is achieved by going beyond that step?

You're against abortion? Great, don't get knocked up when you're financially ill-prepared to handle a child. What is achieved by going beyond that step?

You're against eating meat? Great, don't eat fuckin' meat.

The moment that your personal offense transcends you prompting you to act to force someone else to not partake of the thing that offends you, you become the cancer. You become the problem.

Sorry for the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/06/war-re...fence-7445196/

People understand these re-enactment aren't real right? They are just actors..
    Or they figured out that trying to imitate some dumb shit only saw in the US. Was dumb.

It would be more appropriate to remember the victims and heros for that weekend and bring a more positive economic vibe to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    You mean that the people who read and educate themselves will own everything, and the people who waste their lives on digital will end up working for the readers. There's a reason why a lot of the stories you hear about parents raising their children device free come from places like San Francisco.
    Good for them, but in 20 years is will be illegal to cut down trees.

Seems reasonable enough. People disliked it, unanimously the directors felt that was important to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seems reasonable enough. People disliked it, unanimously the directors felt that was important to stop.
    Do you always believe mass opinion is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It’s nothing other than adults playing a game of “soldiers”, grow up ffs.
    We've sauntered into new waters where we can't just say what's illegal, we have to actually define what IS legal.

And since most shit is done to masturbate, either physically or mentally, over other people's pain, it's pretty hard to say anything is legal, so even the most mundane functions are becoming illegal.

As they should be honestly. The problem here is anyone thinking that using cocaine is okay. It's come to my attention that lots of people bump it all the time, and they're only keeping it from us so they can have more themselves, so now what is legal is all the good shit I can get my hands on, and what is illegal is letting anyone else live or get in my way.

That's the rules they picked, I'm gonna fucking win so hard into their skulls, they'll never see it coming. They did this to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do you always believe mass opinion is correct?
    There is no such thing as 'correct' on this matter. It's not a math problem. This is entirely up to how people feel- they would not have chosen to re-enact anything at all if they didn't feel like it was worthwhile in the first. Now they don't necessarily feel that way anymore, so they stopped. That is completely reasonable.

I used to eat a lot of pickles. Then a lot of people told me I had pickle breath. So I stopped eating pickles.

Asking if this is correct is absurd, dude.

3 disgruntled offended twitter posts can get anything canceled and banned these days!

Welcome to the 21st century isnt it wonderful??!!

Most likely because a lot of the groups that play the nazi side tend to be nazi apologists/neo-nazis and go on to defend nazis on their group websites..

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...nacting/64489/