Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Spoilers] I never thought I would say it

But really hope they dont kill Sylvanas

I've made hunreads of theads before about "Can't wait to kill sylvanas" "Sylvanas deserves to die" "Sylvanas is pathetic" but in BfA ive changed my view somewhat.
    If we look at the other racial leaders we got, shes the only one that isnt really boring.
    Saurfang. Oh look another Orc blabbering about Honor, how original.
    Same with baine.
    Lor'themar is as blank as a slate, as is Ji firepaw. Is Ji even a racial leader anymore?
    And No one wants to give the dirty but cunning businessman Gallywix a chance at all.
    Same reason I want everyone but anduin as the high king of the alliance. People say they got tired of orcs because of WoD, Well the alliance is basically only humans. They do all the heavy lifting all the time, and all their important characters are humans too.

This is after all a war, and even if we look at real life wars, every side is morally gray or downright evil. Even the alliance has done its things. Shooting down defenseless horde troops in pandaria, butchering that one Tauren village in the Barrens, refusing to pay the masons for rebuilding stormwind. Draenei is the reason why orcs invaded in the firstplace since Kil'jaeden felt a little creative on how to kill the draenei before they escaped.

Garrosh was the war hero the horde needed, and the hero that the horde deserved, but he just went all crazy. We have the shining oppertunity to have this once again with Sylvanas. It looks like she is not going to hold anything back to win either. There is a sequence where she bombards a village into oblivion and resurrects everyone into serving her. She has done some questionable things before like the plague in Gilneas and trying to enslave that valkyr in Stormheim, but she seems like a "Victory at all costs" Kind of person. Afterall, what is the point of honor if you lose and die?
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2018-04-07 at 04:51 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

15+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin dying to some random offscreen plot stab was hilarious.
    There's still some hope for Greymane.
    Darius Crowley has the potential to be Alliance's Saurfang.
    Gallywix is too stereotypical.
    Everyone else has had zero relevance regardless of how massive their backstory is.
    Tyrande doesn't even qualify as a character.

But I don't think Sylvanas will die anytime soon.

I think Sylvanas will keep going deeper and deeper searching for ways to make herself eternal, eventually tapping into the Void, probably stepping down from Warchief somewhere along the way.
    Alleria will probably end up confronting/helping/saving her.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    The whole victory at all costs thing is why she needs to die. If the Alliance cannot respond in kind you cannot keep having this level of assault and neutrality. The old hook of band together to fight the big evil is completely gone. They cant keep pushing the narrative this way, the only thing they had that was comparable to unite was the Legion threat and now that is gone. We are in burn it all down territory kill off everything that we once loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    But really hope they dont kill Sylvanas

I've made hunreads of theads before about "Can't wait to kill sylvanas" "Sylvanas deserves to die" "Sylvanas is pathetic" but in BfA ive changed my view somewhat.
    If we look at the other racial leaders we got, shes the only one that isnt really boring.
    Saurfang. Oh look another Orc blabbering about Honor, how original.
    Same with baine.
    Lor'themar is as blank as a slate, as is Ji firepaw. Is Ji even a racial leader anymore?
    And No one wants to give the dirty but cunning businessman Gallywix a chance at all.
    Same reason I want everyone but anduin as the high king of the alliance. People say they got tired of orcs because of WoD, Well the alliance is basically only humans. They do all the heavy lifting all the time, and all their important characters are humans too.

This is after all a war, and even if we look at real life wars, every side is morally gray or downright evil. Even the alliance has done its things. Shooting down defenseless horde troops in pandaria, butchering that one Tauren village in the Barrens, refusing to pay the masons for rebuilding stormwind. Draenei is the reason why orcs invaded in the firstplace since Kil'jaeden felt a little creative on how to kill the draenei before they escaped.

Garrosh was the war hero the horde needed, and the hero that the horde deserved, but he just went all crazy. We have the shining oppertunity to have this once again with Sylvanas. It looks like she is not going to hold anything back to win either. There is a sequence where she bombards a village into oblivion and resurrects everyone into serving her. She has done some questionable things before like the plague in Gilneas and trying to enslave that valkyr in Stormheim, but she seems like a "Victory at all costs" Kind of person. Afterall, what is the point of honor if you lose and die?
    they wont

chronivles volume 3 is clear sign that we are going into tentacles expansion so BfA is just filler they are made to fight by old gods

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they wont

chronivles volume 3 is clear sign that we are going into tentacles expansion so BfA is just filler they are made to fight by old gods
    Yeah this is actually retarded Blizzard just pretty much removed the mysteries from this expansion

Who attacked first? Suposed to be a secret, but the horde attack first. AGAIN.
    Why? "The old gods are afraid of the power that the horde and alliance hold united. Both C'thun and Yogg'saron was destroyed by their might. If they destroy each other, the old gods will have no problem breaking from their prisons." So the old gods are making the horde and alliance fight each other

How exciting not so much. Void lords are lame too
    An'u belore delen'na

She has done some questionable things before like the plague in Gilneas and trying to enslave that valkyr in Stormheim, but she seems like a "Victory at all costs" Kind of person. Afterall, what is the point of honor if you lose and die?[/SIZE]
    I'm REALLY hoping Blizzard learned from the mistakes of turning Garrosh into a brown orc hitler. Hopefully we'll see Sylvanas struggle with the burdens of treading the line between being a tyrant and having victory AND honor with the advice of Saurfang. It will be a good contrast to watching Anduin struggle to get out from his Father's shadow, and avoiding having his kingdom stolen and dictated to by Genn.

Afterall, what is the point of honor if you lose and die?
    Go and watch the Warcraft Movie, ask Durotan if he would like to be in your Horde.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We know that Horde will do evil stuff, but I hope Alliance will do the same. Maybe not Anduin, but I can see Jaina or Greymane doing "victory at all cost" scenario. It's literally war for survival after all - whoever control the spice (I mean Azurite) control whole world. And don't forget what Cordana said in 6.2 - "your leaders will betray you".

Remembering when 2 years ago people were calling Legion 'filler' for the Azshara expansion, now BfA is 'filler' for the N'zoth expansion, get some new material.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Darius Crowley has the potential to be Alliance's Saurfang.
    Oh i remember alliance players telling that to themselves in cata beta. And look where that story went....nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Go and watch the Warcraft Movie, ask Durotan if he would like to be in your Horde.
    The movie has nothing to do with the game except having the same name.. And on that note, Duraton from dreanor does indeed join the Horde come BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I'd rather die as a good man than live as a bad one.
    you mean
    I rather die a hero, then live long enough to become a villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Sylvanas already died about 3 times and she's still around.

Arthas killed her, She killed herself, Lord Godfrey killed her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Remembering when 2 years ago people were calling Legion 'filler' for the Azshara expansion, now BfA is 'filler' for the N'zoth expansion, get some new material.
    Remember when every expansion after wotlk was just filler?
    well wtf, what is so bad about "filler" without filler you cant have a good sausage now can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Remember when every expansion after wotlk was just filler?
    well wtf, what is so bad about "filler" without filler you cant have a good sausage now can you?
    Not to mention the whole argument about what makes something filler is that it just leads up to the next expac, which is literally every expac from Mists onwards, and even Cata led into Mists because the Cataclysm caused the mists to fall. Every expac is now supposed to set up and lead into the next. That's their storytelling goal.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when they refer to "filler" they mean "nothing of major importance to the continuing story of Azeroth vs the Big Bads compared to what we're used to", not "yes, this expansion actually does lead into another expansion, spoiler alert".

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    No. What kind of retard would say that? And N'zoth will be in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    The whole victory at all costs thing is why she needs to die. If the Alliance cannot respond in kind you cannot keep having this level of assault and neutrality. The old hook of band together to fight the big evil is completely gone. They cant keep pushing the narrative this way, the only thing they had that was comparable to unite was the Legion threat and now that is gone. We are in burn it all down territory kill off everything that we once loved.
    But we were still at war, we just had to deal with the Legion. And despite the Legion we were still fighting on various fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I think when they refer to "filler" they mean "nothing of major importance to the continuing story of Azeroth vs the Big Bads compared to what we're used to", not "yes, this expansion actually does lead into another expansion, spoiler alert".
    Nah when someone here refers to an expansion as "filler", it's because they don't like the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    No. What kind of retard would say that? And N'zoth will be in this expansion.
    People here were calling Legion a filler (as they did with WoD and MoP).

Sometimes I feel like the story-writers (especially for Warcraft, but also the fantasy genre more generally) have narrowed themselves to too small of a toolkit for character creation and development. Specifically, it seems like the character direction in every new season/expansion/iteration of most of these franchises is limited to (OMG SPOILER) major character deaths and heel-turns. The rationale is that killing off a major character raises the stakes, shocks the audience, and makes room for other characters to step forward and be developed, and that "baby-face Mary Sue" characters are boring and one-dimensional.

Unfortunately, it's a pretty rote and cliche device. At this point, any character with a shred of dignity, morality, or integrity has an obvious plot target on their back. At this point it's so automatic that it's lost all gravity. And then the vacuum is filled by some half-baked grimderp edgelord, usually with no interesting qualities and defined mainly by their lack of personality, who will soon be discarded in turn because the writers can't come up with anything compelling for them and the audience doesn't form any relationship with the character.

Pure heels are just as boring as pure faces. They're just as predictable, just as one-dimensional, but with even more basic motivations, and an obvious desperation to be accepted by the audience as cool and badass. It's interesting to see characters wrestle with the ethical and strategic dilemas, and how their character traits help them navigate through events. When everyone is "victory at all costs" and just nuking each other constantly, there's no characters and no story.