Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    To salty Allies (like the guy who can't spell to save his life above me) - the tree burning has SO LITTLE to do with the faction war, it's silly.

Yes, the Horde will Burn it = and yes, the alliance will trash Undercity. That's an equal event. The alliance will not be able to use Undercity, the Horde will not be able to use Teldrassil. Again, that's an equal event. (and set up that way so that low level players can still enter those areas and make some use of them via phasing)

But the tree burning is part of a MUCH BIGGER situation. One that is likely going to result in the Hour of TWilight - and at this point, THAT should be looked at as a POSITIVE.

There's been five world trees after the original was destroyed - all planted by Staghelm (remember him?) and they've all died/been corrupted by the nightmare/halfway ripped out of the ground, or chopped down.

...Teldrassil was the last one.

When it's gone, bad things are going to happen...where they would not if you still had your stupid tree. Those bad things are going to save this expansion from being pure filler. Thank GOODNESS, because it doesn't have much of a leg to stand on right now.

Can you relax a little about it? It's all for the good of the plot.

Likewise, we know that Saurfang and Sylvannas will live, and YES, we have no idea if Malfurion will. Do I think that Malfurion could kill Sylvannas? I think he could if it were a fair fight - or even a moderately unfair one. But Sylvannnas is NOT SOMEONE WHO FIGHTS FAIR. She's going to do something. It's going to be VERY bad. And naturally, with no true archdruid to grow a world tree at an insane rate (no, your "archdruid" player character is NOT on Malfurion or Staghelm's level), what the world trees are preventing...is going to come to pass.

"Five torches to light our way".

It's going to be BAD.

And awesome. And drop epic loots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    To salty Allies (like the guy who can't spell to save his life above me)
    Yeah, call me when you'll be able to spell a text in something that isn't your main language,

- the tree burning has SO LITTLE to do with the faction war, it's silly.

Yes, the Horde will Burn it = and yes, the alliance will trash Undercity. That's an equal event. The alliance will not be able to use Undercity, the Horde will not be able to use Teldrassil. Again, that's an equal event. (and set up that way so that low level players can still enter those areas and make some use of them via phasing)
    Ho yeah, the war as "SO LITTLE" to do with the burning of the tree!
    Okay, it's the horde that burned it as an act of war, but hey, whoooo care, amirit?

But the tree burning is part of a MUCH BIGGER situation. One that is likely going to result in the Hour of TWilight - and at this point, THAT should be looked at as a POSITIVE.

There's been five world trees after the original was destroyed - all planted by Staghelm (remember him?) and they've all died/been corrupted by the nightmare/halfway ripped out of the ground, or chopped down.

...Teldrassil was the last one.

When it's gone, bad things are going to happen...where they would not if you still had your stupid tree. Those bad things are going to save this expansion from being pure filler. Thank GOODNESS, because it doesn't have much of a leg to stand on right now.
    Cool fan theory you got here, but you missed an important point : what blizz itself try to pass as "lore" since Metzen left shows that they clearly don't give a fuck anymore about the repercussion of their main plot now, WoD should have been enough to anyone with a braincell to realize that, but for the slow one with pony avatar that could have missed it my post detailed a ton of other stuff that clearly indicate blizz have given up on "the WORLD of warcraft" and only focus on "the plot of the day".

Can you relax a little about it? It's all for the good of the plot.
    Thanks for proving my point.

And also, if you had took 2 second to pay attention to what I wrote instead of dismissing it as simple "salty ally" like the horse fucker you are, you would have noticed that my main point was about how blizz don't actually update the world to reflect the consequences of what's going on.
    You can't just burn 2 capitals and call it a day when the point is that each faction take over a continent, you can't just leave the BE and Dreaneis out of the story any longer (bring the Exodar somewhere and purify the BE) and you can't constantly fuck over the alliance (and you'll have to be EXTREMELY dishonest to tell me that's not the case) if you want to have a balanced and believable story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I feel like the hack that now do the story telling at blizzard forgot what the night elves are supposed to be, god damn wood elves on amphetamines. Just go replay a bit of WC3 campaign to refresh your mind.

The fact that they got sneaked on, in a forest, by some rogues is just stupid.
    You expect any less from Blizz? They don't care about Alliance except for Humans...which I'm sure they probably would have noticed the rogues....because Humans are the bestest at anything and everything!

...if you had took 2 second to pay attention to what I wrote instead of dismissing it as simple "salty ally" like the [SNIP] you are, you would have noticed that my main point was...
    Could have refrained from the bigotry in your rebuttal, not the best way to open your arguing statement before leading into your main point, as you've likely lost the reader at that point.

Not really contributing to the discussion, just food for thought.

And also, if you had took 2 second to pay attention to what I wrote instead of dismissing it as simple "salty ally" like the horse fucker you are, you would have noticed that my main point was about how blizz don't actually update the world to reflect the consequences of what's going on.
    You can't just burn 2 capitals and call it a day when the point is that each faction take over a continent, you can't just leave the BE and Dreaneis out of the story any longer (bring the Exodar somewhere and purify the BE) and you can't constantly fuck over the alliance (and you'll have to be EXTREMELY dishonest to tell me that's not the case) if you want to have a balanced and believable story.
    I genuinely can't understand why anyone wouldn't take what you say seriously.

Anyways, more Warfronts will be added to the old world as the expansion progresses, and wars are not required to be balanced to be believable. Quite the opposite, really; an equal exchange in blows would be telling of Warcraft's need to sacrifice plot for the sake of pleasing its playerbase.

Try to compose yourself before responding next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    FU christie golden for the burning of teldrassil!
    its your biggest mistake in your fucking life!
    Are you fucking retarded?
    She wasn't the one that decided that that's what is happening in the Warcraft story -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    extra special snip.
    Yeah, you sort of missed what I said because I think you got a bit too excited about seeing a my little pony.

I'm talking about prophecies that we've been getting since forever. Metzen scripted out these prophecies a LONG time ago, and they've been slowly coming to fruition ever since he left for Overwatch.

Whether or not they're handled well - and I agree, WOD was complete crap - is another matter. One I'm less concerned about. I want answers to the big questions and the tree burning means the old god content I've been waiting for is around the corner.

As for advancing everything else, eventually, two massive factions being at war would advance to a point where someone got their main city overrun and taken down. If you thought that the world trees were somehow untouchable, I'd like to point out, again, that there's been several of these trees, and the Nelfs have yet to successfully prevent ANY of them from being destroyed in the real world, let alone the Dream.

It's almost like they were always supposed to die/burn/get corrupted/get knocked over/etc. And being as Metzen is 100% responsible for the burning/destruction/corruption of EVERY TREE but Tel'drassil (which started off in Vanilla as 'already corrupted by the nightmare'), and we KNOW he wrote a massive Bible worth of information for the continuing plotline of WoW when he left, I'm going to say this is still well within his plans, Christie Golden or no Christie Golden.

Referring to the whole plot as "bad" simply because you don't like that the war is not including the TBC starting zones (even though we have NO IDEA if that's actually true yet!) is a weak argument in my mind. Especially since it's really not all that important. Both starting zones have a teleport/boat at the end that can be changed to where it takes you. The only Starting zone I'm curious about is the Nelf one, but we don't know how that's going to be handled (it could be easily dealt with via phasing).

Panic less. The tree burning down is a good advancement of the plot in my mind, and seems to be in line with things that Lord Metzen put into place.

Deleted
    It's so annoying that you have to post a few times to take part in the beta key contest. especially when I can't find my old account as I'm "not a human" when I try to send my password to my old account