Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don’t think ret was much better :-)

Levelled as a Fury Warrior, though it did get me a guild invite to a raiding guild, because I met their coming maintank in STV and levelled together from there to 60.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leveled 1-8 on a priest by autoattacking and occasionally healing myself. didn't smite or know about wands.

leveled as mage in full fire build and was so f... proud when i was taking agro from tank in low level dungeons since back then it was obvious to me that if tank cant hold on agro this means i must be doin absurd high damage numbers

were good times

quality windscreen

Hello, we repair and replace windscreen at an affordable cost and a very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingMerch View Post
    Well, I was like 10 years old, not understanding English and playing Paladin. I was using spells, judgments, seals etc. without pretty much knowing what they do. Took me like 30 levels to figure everything out.
    I play casually and also started as a Paladin. 22 years old, and very early BC.

The one thing I don't like about the play style of today (and the expectation of your average non hardcore guild) is that the player "must" execute their rotation perfectly, the annoyance of most LFG groups against a new/slow player, the fixation iLevel, etc.

Granted the Paladin play style back then was much clunkier than it is now, but the game today is a little too elitist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Buy all the white quality armour from vendors, waste all the money, and then get green quest rewards and re-evaluate prior decisions.

Got whispered by a GM for the first time ever (forgot why), thought they were roleplaying because of how formal they were ... don't remember how it ended, but just went along with it

Leveling a troll hunter only using throwing axes as my first char because I wanted to be like the axe thrower trolls in wc3. Think I got to around level 15 before realizing how much that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsif View Post

The one thing I don't like about the play style of today (and the expectation of your average non hardcore guild) is that the player "must" execute their rotation perfectly, the annoyance of most LFG groups against a new/slow player, the fixation iLevel, etc.

Granted the Paladin play style back then was much clunkier than it is now, but the game today is a little too elitist.
    Guessing you haven't played other games with other people much. It seems to be an issue just about everywhere now-a-days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do more dumb stuff now than I ever did back in vanilla lol. Even as a noob I was always pretty cautious.

I would probably say selling a lot of stuff to vendors that would have been worth way more in the auction House. I don't think I even touched or learned the Auction House until TBC :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Elsif View Post

The huge differences back then were following:

1. Less number of elitist forums, addons, guides and plugins like Simcrafts etc.
    2. Huge diversity of playstyles (Remember the huge talent trees?) and gear...

However the biggest drawback was limitation of classes in PVE. With Paladin you couldn't join as tank or retri (only in naxx due to undead spells). Same goes to druids and other specs. There were and will always be differences in which each game is good or bad. I see current state of WoW as a game for children. Everything is so easy, you can buy stuff for cash and I could continue... That's how the game evolved, people probably dont have time to level characters for 2 months to get to the end game content.

Deleted
    Long story typed on phone so bear with me.

Levelled a mage to 55. Saw a dk grip someone decided it was coolest thing I'd ever seen. Levelled dk to 80.

Joined a guild with a pretentious Latin name and was eventually invited to a 25man icc as a guildy raider had dc'd.

I get a summon then arrive and am told if I get a skull on my head to move far away from the group.

So...I get skulled. I look around to see where I should move to an notice a lot of empty space by a tall lady on a raised dias so I head over in that direction. When I get quite near her voice chat gets decidedly heated

- - - Updated - - -

Lady deathwhisper I think it was?

I vendored my stuff by dragging and dropping them to the buyback tab, and relogged when it got full. It wouldn't be that dumb but I taught that method to my friends too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looted a Krol Blade on my warrior around level 55. I equipped it and used it. . Yeah I should have sold that fucker and bought a epic mount.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Putting the wrong armor spell on my mage for about 20 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Buy all the white quality armour from vendors, waste all the money, and then get green quest rewards and re-evaluate prior decisions.

Got whispered by a GM for the first time ever (forgot why), thought they were roleplaying because of how formal they were ... don't remember how it ended, but just went along with it
    I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE!

Also i didn't understand why Shadowfang was so important. Sold it for like 20g or some uninformed amount. Was so happy to be rich as fuck.

And then I learned what I had done.

I fell down off a bridge in Ragefire Chasm and couldn't find the way back to the dungeon for about an hour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    Looted a Krol Blade on my warrior around level 55. I equipped it and used it. . Yeah I should have sold that fucker and bought a epic mount.
    Hey back then seeing an epic was something new. I crafted a Phantom Blade and Frostguard at level 60 because I thought they looked amazing. Took me a long ass time. Replaced my Frostguard with the Hakkari sword from Zul'Gurub iirc. I did get my Krol Blade to drop in Andorhal cuz I was farming Minion's Scourgestones to level my Argent Dawn rep to exalted. That was even before BWL got released. Took me so long to grind it out in a semi cleave/Prot spec. Didn't know at that point how easy it would've make my Naxx attunement though Finally got my epic mount after selling it though!

Back in beta I took the zeppelin from Brill to Durotar (I remember back now, cuz of the orange/brownish scenery) and I was so lost. I didn't know where to go anymore (The world map was unknown to me). so I quit the beta cuz I was annoyed. Got to lvl 20 or so. When the game was released I re-created the exact same Forsaken Warrior.

1. When the game first started I had no concept of how the chat system actually worked and thought that /1 and /say where the same thing..... this led me to think that most of the people playing this game where jerks because no one in barrens would respond to me in /1 (because I was typing /say for everything and no where near people.... I would usually get responses by using /yell which probably made me obnoxious to everyone else. The worst part is, I actually had played the Open Beta so I was the one my IRL friends used asked game/mechanics questions to, and ended up teaching them my /1 is /say thing... and it was only after one of THEM noticed something was wrong and contacted a GM did they find out how to actually do it and then teach me about it... We'd had something like 50 levels between the 3 of us by that point, and I got crap about it for years irl and in game, lol.

2. I made, deleted, and rerolled about 12 toons to the 15-25 range before deciding on main, because I wanted to keep my "name" which was the one I used when playing counter strike.... That name was eventually force name changed regardless

3. I had absolutely no idea how to get to Silithus prior to the AQ40 opening event (and had to be summoned down there), had no idea how to get to Winterspring, because I was fully hated by the Timbermaw furlbogs and never went through the felwood tunnel (also got summoned up there), and legit had no idea that there was even a zone called "Hinterlands" before my guild wanted to kill the Emerald Dragon up there. All I really did at 60 was PvP/play the AH so I rarely left Org outside of raiding/dungeons.

4. I took so long to level up (on account of #2) that I was just hitting 50 the same week that the Honor system was released.... at which point every single lvl 60 was running around the 50+ zones murdering levelers. So I leveled 50-60 entirely grinding Timbermaw Furlbogs in Azshara, because no one would bother me (not realizing that the reason for that is I was like the only person on the server actively hurting my rep with them).

5. Newly formed guild was doing AQ40 for the first time, I was one of 3 players who was already clearing it and had a bug mount. Raid is buffing up before Battleguard Sartura I set my headset down so I can get up and grab a drink.... headset landed directly on my mouse's auto run button.... I come back and EVERYONE is dead and swearing in vent. It took 53! minutes before our next pull because so many people got lost/ almost no one else had a bug mount.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know there was a big map and found it really difficult to navigate trying to use the minimap.