Still ADs and lots of tracking stuff even with premium

Hi,

To be honest, I didn't get premium because of removing the ADs or the massive tracking stuff. I did it to support MMOC. But I think it is really missleading to say without any advertisments when you get premium but there is still stuff running on the site like doubleclick.net, facebook crap etc. pp. in fact there is a lot of tracking going on still.

Maybe MMOC/Curse/Twitch/Amazon wants to take a look at privacy compliant social media stuff like here: https://www.heise.de/ct/ausgabe/2014...n-2463330.html

No offense tho, it is just a suggestion and something I noticed after getting Premium here.

greetings

I took a look at what is being blocked by default uBlock with premium:

• Google Analytics, we need some way to keep track of how many people are using the site
    • Google Tag Manager - Loads various scripts, including google analytics
    • Pingdom - Script to monitor site performance so we are alerted of any issues
    • NewRelic - Script to monitor site performance so we are alerted of any issues

On the front page, there are some additional things being blocked:

• Facebook - This is the like buttons at the bottom of posts
    • Youtube - Some scripts loaded by the embedded videos from Youtube
    • Twitch / Amazon - Some scripts loaded by the embedded videos from Twitch
    • Twitter - Some scripts loaded by the Tweet buttons at the bottom of posts

I'll keep improvements in mind for future updates, but the ad scripts are all removed by premium, just some performance tracking scripts remaining on our end. Most of the rest is from embedded stuff. I don't want these to load, but I don't think removing the embedded videos or easy sharing buttons is the best solution.

ADblock+ takes care of it all and NOscript aswell

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I took a look at what is being blocked by default uBlock with premium:

• Google Analytics, we need some way to keep track of how many people are using the site
    • Google Tag Manager - Loads various scripts, including google analytics
    • Pingdom - Script to monitor site performance so we are alerted of any issues
    • NewRelic - Script to monitor site performance so we are alerted of any issues

On the front page, there are some additional things being blocked:

• Facebook - This is the like buttons at the bottom of posts
    • Youtube - Some scripts loaded by the embedded videos from Youtube
    • Twitch / Amazon - Some scripts loaded by the embedded videos from Twitch
    • Twitter - Some scripts loaded by the Tweet buttons at the bottom of posts

I'll keep improvements in mind for future updates, but the ad scripts are all removed by premium, just some performance tracking scripts remaining on our end. Most of the rest is from embedded stuff. I don't want these to load, but I don't think removing the embedded videos or easy sharing buttons is the best solution.
    I still have doubleclick.net, amazon-adsystem and such stuff blocked on my uBlock. I am pretty sure that is not needed for monitoring. And if this is because of embedded stuff, ok there are things you could do, but I understand if this is not wanted by MMOC.

Thanks for the response tho.
    Last edited by nodq; 2018-04-09 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    I still have doubleclick.net, amazon-adsystem and such stuff blocked on my uBlock. I am pretty sure that is not needed for monitoring.
    Yeah, those are the ones from the Youtube and Twitch embeds I was talking about above. The only way to remove them is to not embed videos.