Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    when the lore became totaly "just an excuses" this game will die. We love this game for lore too. And if this lore became totaly stupid, this game will give about nothing (it's not another "wow is dying". just my thoughts: outdated graphics, not unique gameplay, senseless story as in any east mmo) Maybe raids will keep it on for some time, but how long? meh.

VE DK... we can't be sure. This is the part where magic system of the universe need very deep explanation. Cause without that we can't know what happen if dead elf infused with void.

And starting expirience. I see it as something like "training" so you EARN your cool tmog for race, so while it can be "non canon", it's it's prove that you are adamant about being part of that race. And well... excuse for your hard time leveling. And 110 lvl sry no. Even if leveling is easy, if we got our hands on tons of 110 levels... well - you saw what happen if player have very much gold in their pockets during WoD (wich will lead to inflation again, and blizzard will earn nothing from the game at all, cause everyone will just pay for everything with gold. other games included). so better this than leading blizzard games to F2P money grab rails.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-08 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    when the lore became totaly "just an excuses" this game will die. We love this game for lore too. And if this lore became totaly stupid, this game will give about nothing (it's not another "wow is dying". just my thoughts: outdated graphics, not unique gameplay, senseless story as in any east mmo) Maybe raids will keep it on for some time, but how long? meh.

VE DK... we can't be sure. This is the part where magic system of the universe need very deep explanation. Cause without that we can't know what happen if dead elf infused with void.

And starting expirience. I see it as something like "training" so you EARN your cool tmog for race, so while it can be "non canon", it's it's prove that you are adamant about being part of that race. And well... excuse for your hard time leveling. And 110 lvl sry no. Even if leveling is easy, if we got our hands on tons of 110 levels... well - you saw what happen if player have very much gold in their pockets during WoD (wich will lead to inflation again, and blizzard will earn nothing from the game at all, cause everyone will just pay for everything with gold. other games included). so better this than leading blizzard games to F2P money grab rails.
    Starting with a typo flame and then no using spell check yourself, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Either way, you may take offense at the choice of words, but that is just what it is, it is an excuse, a lame one at that, nothing more. If they want to they bend the lore in every way possible, enclaves and groups of 10 people suddenly make up whole factions, lore get's added where they want to add it, but when they don't have time for something or don't want to do it, suddenly lore reasons are the only thing preventing something from being done.

As for the other part of your post, frankly no idea what you are taling about. People already boost characters and suck playing them, they suck leveling them for 110 levels as well. Blizzard is also making more than enough money on the game, servers aren't that expensive and the chance of them having go F2P is next to non-existent - especially with them now adding customization via new races - which in turn earns them ridiculous amounts of money just from all the race changes. The only thing that leveling one character from level 20 to 110 proves is that you are willing to waste 2-4 days of your life with unenjoyable content. While that is dedication, it is not time well spent if you already played most of these zones when they were current.

Honestly i think its a bad gameplay decision to keep playable death knights connected to arthas and demon hunters to illidan.

The existing death knights and demon hunters should be powerful enough by now to be able to teach new recruits thecway to become new death knights and demon hunters

If they dont go this way, all existing hero classes will only be related to non allied races only.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    -snip-
    if they add RIGHT lore it's development. if they BEND it to the level where you trying to put biggest globe in smallest owl... well - this is stupid.

More than enough? you keep forget that they connected gold to blizzard bnet money. I was talking not ONLY about WoW. But about every game in battle.net. If people will have ton's of free cash... well - blizzard not get a thing. So sorry 110 level is 110 level. it's free gold from any source wich you can get now on 110 level.

Blizzard is also making more than enough money on the game, servers aren't that expensive
    so you are their finacical director who know how much they earn and spend? care to share this info with us? Maybe you know their salary for every developer who work there? sorry companies exist to earn money too. So i think they have their strategy in making decisions like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Honestly i think its a bad gameplay decision to keep playable death knights connected to arthas and demon hunters to illidan.

The existing death knights and demon hunters should be powerful enough by now to be able to teach new recruits thecway to become new death knights and demon hunters

If they dont go this way, all existing hero classes will only be related to non allied races only.
    when time is right for new lore then time is right. You can't add new races without sense. And both this classes have "restrictions" when they were made and why.
    For example - DH were created to fight with burning legion. And legion defeated. So... why create new?
    DK - our generation of DK were created by arthas. And mindlessly "teaching" (wich mean killing and raising in undeath by someone with nickname "Omgnoobpwn" deathlord)... well - stupid. Even Sylvanas doing this carefully and touching only humans. Because she know that she will be killed on sight if she will go overboard. I still want to see the reaction of faction leaders on our new horsemen honestly. Maybe they will accept this because it was in dire time or something... i don't know
    And yes i know that we rectuted "new" DK as troops. Question is "is it canon or done ONLY for gameplay reasons? Or maybe we just get same troops and resources spend only for repairing their gear and getting consunables?"

if they add RIGHT lore it's development. if they BEND it to the level where you trying to put biggest globe in smallest owl... well - this is stupid.

More than enough? you keep forget that they connected gold to blizzard bnet money. I was talking not ONLY about WoW. But about every game in battle.net. If people will have ton's of free cash... well - blizzard not get a thing. So sorry 110 level is 110 level. it's free gold from any source wich you can get now on 110 level.

so you are their finacical director who know how much they earn and spend? care to share this info with us? Maybe you know their salary for every developer who work there? sorry companies exist to earn money too. So i think they have their strategy in making decisions like this.
    That is rubbish. Turning gold into real cash only works because someone else spends a premium amount of money on a token. Blizzard gets actually more money if someone pays their subscription via tokens, because a token is more expensive than a normal month's subscription.

You also don't need to be their financial director to realize that them reporting more profits than ever year after year is not painting them as beeing in dire straits. Seriously..

yeah but you need to be financial director to know how much EXACTLY they earn, spend and wich desicion will lead to losing profit or gaining it.

Deleted
    Personally I don't need Allied Race DKs - I do get the hype though. You want to play your favorite class on a race that is new. If you're Horde you get to play an upright orc DK, which is something I guess!

They said that they don't want Allied Races to be cooler than the existing ones, so they'll get an update eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

when time is right for new lore then time is right. You can't add new races without sense. And both this classes have "restrictions" when they were made and why.
    For example - DH were created to fight with burning legion. And legion defeated. So... why create new?
    DK - our generation of DK were created by arthas. And mindlessly "teaching" (wich mean killing and raising in undeath by someone with nickname "Omgnoobpwn" deathlord)... well - stupid. Even Sylvanas doing this carefully and touching only humans. Because she know that she will be killed on sight if she will go overboard. I still want to see the reaction of faction leaders on our new horsemen honestly. Maybe they will accept this because it was in dire time or something... i don't know
    And yes i know that we rectuted "new" DK as troops. Question is "is it canon or done ONLY for gameplay reasons? Or maybe we just get same troops and resources spend only for repairing their gear and getting consunables?"

Well i did make an idea about it here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-through-Lore

And i still maintain that Demon Hunter and Death Knights should be able to get new members from new races, even after Athas and Illidan are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Zanadalari Trolls are the only 2 races that make sense

"The Drakkari have recently gone mad after they sacrificed their Loa animal gods in an attempt to fight off the Scourge. The Argent Dawn has returned to play a role in Zul'Drak as have members of the Zandalar tribe, who have come to try and save some of the Drakkari history before it is wiped out."

That is the Drakkari trolls from Wrath, so the Zandalari went there to help them fend off the scourge.

Drak theron Keep questline where the Zandalari and Drakkari trolls are turned into death knights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoyaSdG6i4

"your betrayal of the Drakkari empire has born me a new army, your army" - Lich King

Zanadalari trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves should both have a DK class option and it would still be 100% in sink with the games current timeline."
    All that happens after the DK starter story. Not too long after tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    IF they can justify it with new lore. I mean actual lore and different starting experiences, not shitty retcons and pitiful attempts at justifying it. Knowing Blizzard, though, the latter is more possible than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well i did make an idea about it here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-through-Lore

And i still maintain that Demon Hunter and Death Knights should be able to get new members from new races, even after Athas and Illidan are gone.
    legion is dead. Why they must create another bunch for them to suffer? Undeath is curse - not blessing. And really? asking bolvar to raise NEW undeath? You want to start another WotLK? Sorry for me it's too stretch. even more with LFD and VE. (if lfd fail - he die, and ve we don't know what will happen if you mix undeath with void + elf DK already have other urge than magic - to kill. ask Koltira you will know what i mean). And really you explain every race as "they need another source of magical power". Since when all races became magic addict? Like i said SOME of new allied race make sense if we use current lore. but not everyone. For SOME who not fit CURRENT lore we can use other idea but even this can be too stretched.

There is nothing in the lore that disqualifies any of the races that would have been on Azeroth at the time of Wrath of the Lich King, so ATM the only allied races this disqualifies is Void Elves and Lightforged Dreanei. Maghar Orcs would have come to Azeroth during BC, Zandalari, Dark Iron, Kul' Tiran Humans have all been on Azeroth and lived through the events of the scourge. They wouldn't have to Retcon anything unless they wanted Void Elves to be DK's or Lightforged Dreanei which don't make sense anyway.

being on azeroth don't mean "get f*cked by scourge". NB were under their magical globe, and Highmountain in their... Highmountain.

Actually... in Chronicles volume 3 we see https://imgur.com/a/1sUdl So while Zandalari and DI can make sense. the question become "How strict" this info. Does he used only avalon citizen for DK or he brought some from other places?
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-09 at 05:38 PM.

legion is dead. Why they must create another bunch for them to suffer? Undeath is curse - not blessing. And really? asking bolvar to raise NEW undeath? You want to start another WotLK? Sorry for me it's too stretch. even more with LFD and VE. (if lfd fail - he die, and ve we don't know what will happen if you mix undeath with void + elf DK already have other urge than magic - to kill. ask Koltira you will know what i mean). And really you explain every race as "they need another source of magical power". Since when all races became magic addict? Like i said SOME of new allied race make sense if we use current lore. but not everyone. For SOME who not fit CURRENT lore we can use other idea but even this can be too stretched.
    Well if you think these 2 classes have no future, why should the other ones have?
    If we take this idea to the limit, maybe all classes should be canceled and only create new ones that are relevant for each expansion.

The new idea for Death Knights and Demon Hunters orders is that they need to find a new place and mission in this world without Arthas, Scourge, Legion and Illidan/Sargeras. It is like an order that reinvents itself to continue with its existance and give incentives for new members to apply to. the two orders still exist after the end of Legion, and so does the Lich king, so they need to find new reasons to continue to exist. My idea of the war for quelthalas would be the kick off for the new generation of DKs and DHs.

i didn't said that this classes have no future. But this future must be RIGHT.

And existing DK have reasons. (partly to do what living can't do in order for world to survive) But bringing new ones in their ranks without REAL threat to the WORLD... questionable.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't need new race. IMHO ofcourse but playable Death Knight should have been DK who were killed and raised during Third War - so the only races who could be one were humans, dwarves, orcs and blood elves.

Tauren, trolls, gnomes, worgens (based on chronicles), goblins, NE, undead (muhah) died during third war too (like on Hyjal and before and after). O_o

Can the new allied races be demon hunters? This seems like just an issue with allied races being forced to start as low level.

i didn't said that this classes have no future. But this future must be RIGHT.

And existing DK have reasons. (partly to do what living can't do in order for world to survive) But bringing new ones in their ranks without REAL threat to the WORLD... questionable.
    I gotta ask you, what do you think ebon knights are and how we end up recruting new ones every time .

The sad part is just that customization is now done by releasing half-baked new races, and DK's don't get to have any of that..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I gotta ask you, what do you think ebon knights are and how we end up recruting new ones every time .

The sad part is just that customization is now done by releasing half-baked new races, and DK's don't get to have any of that..
    em what? recruting what? Last time i saw "recruting" when we got 4 horsemen. And you mean new dk players - sorry but by history they were created during WotLK.