Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Votted "No" because I live in another country, but I'd love to go to Blizzcom someday.

I wonder how many people from EU goes to Blizzcon. I can imagine the cost going over there is pretty high. Would love if Blizzard had this in EU once.

10+ Year Old Account
    My body is ready!

To enjoy all the Blizzcon news and goodness from mmo-champion, can't go wrong with that!

Virtual ticket gimme gimme. Another OW skin gimme gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I wonder how many people from EU goes to Blizzcon. I can imagine the cost going over there is pretty high. Would love if Blizzard had this in EU once.
    I have been to every single Blizz Con except the second (broke my sternum 2 weeks before haha) the total cost is a pretty sum for sure, but, for me, it's worth it. I make a holiday around it every year taking between 3 and 4 weeks vaction so I can do some other stuff before and after the event.

I'm from England and it's definitely a pain to organize and I can imagine people who go just for a few days and only for Blizz Con would spend a pretty penny.

I don't live in North America so no ticket for me. You probably need to chane the survey to reflect those say no because their not American.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Congrats man. If you survive watching your phone in the delivery room you truly are the luckiest guy in the world to have found such an understanding girl.
    Hopefully she will be doped up, that way when I'm watching the Starcraft finals, I can be like "PUSH, PUSH YOU ******, and she will be like "I AM!"

I wanted to go one for the longest time when I was younger. But now it just doesn't make sense to fly out, get a hotel room, maybe rent a car, buy a ticket, and then fly back home after taking a couple days off for work just to put eyes on something the online ticket can do for me a whole lot less in the comfort of my home. Or if I really wanted to be cheap like youtube or maybe even a stream can show me hours after the fact.

But how much will they be on ebay you knowwhere 60% of us have to go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Scalpers going to bulk buy them again?
    Too bad blizzards ok with it else they might DO ANYTHING about it
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    theres the cost and also the worth in going blizz con is only a couple of days so its hard to excuse the travel just for blizz conn so you have to make it a proper holiday but LA is hardly "holiday" marital really for Europeans so its its a choice of a week in LA or a week on a Spanish island beach or a Reykjavik spar. its a no brainier really when you can catch the online coverage :/

if they had a European Conn in like Germany or France it would be far more easier to excuses to the accounta....missus

I'd only get the Virtual Ticket if it also included the goodie bag and not in-game items.

The goodie bag is probably way better.

Blizzard has a big presence at Gamescom.

That poll is basically asking your readers 'HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE LIVE IN NORTH AMERICA?' ....Answer.. Eff all mate...*News just in*....There are other places???? * It's OK I wont ask anyone to point on a map to any tricky ones....Like..Europe. You should run another asking where people would like a Blizzcon hosted.. Would be interesting to see where the majority of the players are these days..

I know this isn’t the right place for this but has anyone else just gotten an Alpha invite to WoWs next expansion? I just did

10+ Year Old Account
    Little offtopic maybe but a genuine question, but what makes this event a $200 entry fee?
    Comparing it to lets say Gamescon in Cologne, that's a 4 day event with €15,- daily entry fee save for saturday which is €20,-.

Being at Blizzcon was one of my biggest dreams like 10 years ago. I wanted it so much. And now... I do not care anymore.
    Fuck all of the new stuff. I just want Classic and remakes of Diablo 2 and/or Warcraft 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Little offtopic maybe but a genuine question, but what makes this event a $200 entry fee?
    Comparing it to lets say Gamescon in Cologne, that's a 4 day event with €15,- daily entry fee save for saturday which is €20,-.
    If people are willing to pay that much... why not?

Plane tickets from Europe to LA aint that expensive. Car rental or how you want to commute to Anaheim isn’t that bad either. Especially if you book ahead of time.

Sure, if you just go back to back from the con it’s expensive but if you can take a few days off as a vacation it’s worth the price.
    Last edited by babyback; 2018-04-10 at 08:03 AM.

I've had no reason at all to even attend a blizzcon. The only thing that I've even thought about are those blizzcon pets, that would have been the *only* reason to buy a ticket in the first place in my book. Now it's too late anyway so doesn't matter and I'm sure I'll live regardless of having them.

The ticket price has never been an issue, it's just the event has always been so bloated and even pointless to me? It's also that I care so little about blizzard nowadays, the only games I've played from them are wow and diablo and they've pushed them both in the ground for the last... decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, if you're savvy enough, you can go for free. I live in Australia and I've gone the last few years without spending more than $100.

Cargo ships are always looking for an extra hand or two for menial jobs the day before they head off due to the inevitable drop outs. Just hang around your nearest port with a resume and passport and look for any ship heading for North America (west coast is preferable). They'll take care of all your papers and will gladly find you a spot on a ship to get you back home. You can hitch hike the rest of the way.

As for accommodation, any 24/7 McDonalds will do, the graveyard shift teenagers won't care enough to kick you out and if they try, just buy a soft serve and go back to sleep. Alternatively, you can look for a community of homeless people, they'll gladly take care of you.

Bathing can be done in the ocean.

Food and drink can be obtained from free samples and leftovers in the food court of any big shopping mall.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I'd rather go to Gamescom than Blizzcon. Last year was so disappointing.
    Diablo bites the dust.
    They're pretending HotS is relevant.
    WoW arena matches? SIGN ME OUT!
    SC2 tournament - ok, I'll give them that.
    WoW expansion announcement I can see in a better quality 15 minutes later on youtube.

Gee, thanks Blizz. $200 well spent!