Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Outrage on reddit about current state of the game.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hero...2187059?page=1

TL;DR... Empty words for now.

And few more sources.

https://twitter.com/LiquidNurok/stat...13013866369025
    https://twitter.com/AntiheroHotS/sta...73024050798592

Both don't agree each other mostly, but here they agree.

Furthermore, Nurok is still suggesting hard reset and i agree with him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...fully_support/

Also Kendric have something to say about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe..._about_hl_and/

While Khaldor changes his mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ked_this_game/

We have several issues that need to be addressed when it comes down to HL. This is supposed to be the competitive mode of Heroes of the Storm and right now it simply does not fulfill that function. Here's a couple of things that need to be done imho:

implement hero swaps during draft so people can draft properly
    crack down hard on leavers and feeders
    educate the playerbase better, they currently "learn" the game in QM and are then completely lost when they head into HL (mostly because of the random QM teamcompositions)
    better promotion for HGC within the client so the more casual playerbase can learn from the pros
    bring back PBM (and this time make sure to make it more transparent how it works so people don't get confused)
    some form of either MMR or Ranked Points decay
    better incentives to play (especially on the GM level)
    make the opponents player-names visible again AND allow for profiles to be checked during draft (= more transparency instead of less)

For leagues lower than Masters I'm also a huge fan of getting rid of promotion/demotion games outside of a complete tier-change (aka. no demotion/promotion game between for example D1/D2/D3, but only for B->S->G->P->D).

Just a few thoughts. I could go on about this topic for ever but I guess I'll leave it at that. Hero League is supposed to be a competitive mode and ideally should be the bridge between competitive amateur play and the pro-scene.
    Also some famous(?) Kroean streamer got something to say, after he quited the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...rean_streamer/

While in oceania...

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe..._of_the_storm/

And why this happend? Why we love HOTS?

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...lly_love_this/

And now one question is... WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZ HAS DONE TO FIX THIS?
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2018-04-10 at 11:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is PBM?

Outrage on MMOchamp about outrage on reddit about outrage on the WOW forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The usual, so what’s the news?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think the whole outrage thing got a bit stale, we need some new term to keep it hip.

How about Overrage? Or that's Overwatch one so not good for global use. Megarage? Anime is getting popular so how about Waifurage. Ladies may not approve.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I mean, I agree that Overwatch needs some changes for their drafting process and balance overall, but people need to be a little more constructive in their feedback if they want Blizzard to listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    What the hell is PBM?
    Performance-based Matchmaking. It's been disabled for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Performance-based Matchmaking. It's been disabled for a while now.
    Was it previously based on win rate; or aspects of individual performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    So happy that I'm one of the casual casuals. I only play vs AI and enjoying it, maybe one day I'll graduate to QM scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    So happy that I'm one of the casual casuals. I only play vs AI and enjoying it, maybe one day I'll graduate to QM scene.
    High Five, bruddah!

I must say AI teammates sometimes drive me to despair, but QM isn't much better really, like yesterday I had a game where a guy from other team all game was just running against our tower and killing himself for hell knows what purpose.

Easy win yeah, but that shit could be on my team. At least AI is trying to be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yo dawg, I heard you like outrage so we put some outrage in your outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    This is me. I rarely play but when I do I simply have fun and don't get all hung up on the existential stuff. Either I enjoy a game, or I don't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    They implemented a system that would look at how you performed on a given hero compared to date collected from other players, and would adjust your points accordingly to how you were doing. Turns out there were some kinks to sort out still, so they disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They implemented a system that would look at how you performed on a given hero compared to date collected from other players, and would adjust your points accordingly to how you were doing. Turns out there were some kinks to sort out still, so they disabled it.
    Sort of like the "Well done, you did 213,450 damage this game, 65% more than most players (last 30 day average)"

Fair enough. I always felt individual performance "meters" were a pandoras box in a team game; but I guess people want to feel protected against trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The usual, so what’s the news?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think the whole outrage thing got a bit stale, we need some new term to keep it hip.

How about Overrage? Or that's Overwatch one so not good for global use. Megarage? Anime is getting popular so how about Waifurage. Ladies may not approve.
    How about underag...No wait...nevermind

As for the outrage. The discussions got muddled and not much isnactually achieved kn term sof the matter being discussion, it gets diluted with people insisting on expressing their outrage in general for thr sake of complaining, rather than discussing the issues themselves

A hard reset is gonna make HL a complete mess for weeks, probably over a month... Even after all that, people'll still claim a bronze got lucky and got matched with good players consistently and ended up above his weightclass. If they are going for a hard reset, it doesn't really make sense to do it before they have PBM working correctly anyway. I haven't touched HL in quite a while so at this point I really couldn't care less, the mode has been a joke for months anyway (and this is coming for someone who usually tries really hard not to get the ranked salt get to him).

Educating the playerbase, IDK, the people who want to improve will already try to do so. I don't see how adding the competitive stuff on the launcher (it's already there, btw) is gonna help. I do think the role system needs an update. Sonya and Johanna still share the same role, so do Zarya and Blaze, so do Valeera and Malthael, so do Medivh and Zagara,... But I've been saying that for probably around 2 years now, so what else is new.

HL is just pure cancer. Until Blizzard figures out something, the only reason to play is get your 10 games in for the season rewards.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So basically a bunch of hardcore no lifers are whining because they chose to play a casual alternative to LoL/Dota and now they find it's too casual for them?

Aww bechod :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    High Five, bruddah!

I must say AI teammates sometimes drive me to despair, but QM isn't much better really,
    I once had a game where a real player using Valla DCed or AFKed or something and got replaced by a bot. The bot played better, actually hit skill shots and fell back when its health was low, rather than using vault to chase into a 1v3.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    When performance based rating was added it was way out of sink, a normal game is 200 +/- with PBM, you could get an additional 50 +/-, so say you win but you have a lot of deaths for say winning the objective, saving allies, ect. All correct decisions you would be punished with a rating adjustment so only get 150 pts for the win, at the same time he threw the entire placement system into chaos, people who been in gold where getting placed in masters.

Im not sure I would want HGC promoted more so "casuals can learn from the pros". I fear that would just lead to more people complaining about "wrong" builds and I don't like the notion that you are supposed to learn for the pros. I would much rather learn from my own experiences and the people I play with

10+ Year Old Account
    This forum is a fucking joke. Are you guys serious with these replies?

"people complaining about people complaining on another website about people complaining on another website"

"well overwatch does have problems"

"casuals complaining about a system in a casual game"

Are people not allowed to bring discussions over to other communities and complain about how a very flawed system works in a casual game?
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-11 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting