Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Shitty writing + binary caricature of SJW's (which Blizz is run by, cf. diversity council cf. Overwatch cf. posts on gay-day cf. physically everything Blizz does) = the only bad guys in the universe are "literally hitler."

Why the hell do I play this game?
    'Cause it's a great chance to spout political bullshit on fansites where politics are banned, I guess.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "Remnants of Lordaeron"

Dude, if Genn hadn't left the Alliance at the end of WC2, he and Terenas could've been fighting the scourge from the start, rather than waiting 'til Arthas went nuts.
    What would have changed that would make Terenas take the plague seriously? The mages of Dalaran were already warning him that there was something going on and he pretty much told them to shove off. By the time the Scourge proper appeared Lordaeron was doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    What would have changed that would make Terenas take the plague seriously? The mages of Dalaran were already warning him that there was something going on and he pretty much told them to shove off. By the time the Scourge proper appeared Lordaeron was doomed.
    Nothing would've changed down the line unless Gilneas had top-notch locksmiths to keep Arthas out of that throneroom. They could've all perhaps collectively ran behind that wall of his and turned into worgen together I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    That's just plain silly!!

We all know she's a Dreadlord.
    They were technically the first necromancers on Azeroth.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    First: Gilnean. Not Gilnenians.

Second: Forsaken, not Scourge

Third: A single battle does not a great king make. And he LOST the war against the Forsaken, and lost Gilneas in the process. He also wound up failing to protect his people from the Worgen Curse which is now not only a widespread curse among Gilneans, but spread through the Silverpine Forest and into the Duskwood, half a continent away. And when his people need him most, while they are refugees with no homes of their own living with what they could grab on their way out of their houses in Gilneas, he's too busy trying to be a Warmongering Prick to help them out.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Gilnean Civil War to depose Greymane over his abandonment of his people. They've tried to settle in the Blasted Lands and even Val'Sharah without his support because the fucker doesn't -do- anything. He never discusses his people's plight with Anduin, Tyrande, or anyone else. He just kind of assumes they'll follow him forever even though he's abandoned them for 3-5 years in Darnassus while he's been fucking around in Stormwind.

Shit. Sylvanas, the Dark Lady, the Banshee Queen, has a cult of personality built up around her and the Desolate Council formed when she left Undercity for just about a year's time to fight the Legion to fill the void she left. Greymane's been gone for almost half a decade while his people are living on a tree filled with Xenophobic Night Elves.

Fucker's an awful king. And I, for one, would support a new Blackwold Rebellion against him! Not to kill him, mind you, but to bring forth a list of grievances and force him to either handle the problem for REAL or step down and let his daughter rule.
    Lel suggesting that Gilnean people hate Genn when they say " every friend of Greymane is a friend of mine" every two clicks. Funny shit.

I think part of the problem with saying Genn is a bad king because he's been so absent is that it's really more due to the fact that Worgen have just been incredibly underutilized as a significant race until Legion. The storytelling during Cataclysm was adequate, but still nowhere near as advanced as it has gotten now that it unfortunately left some unresolved plots to have to be dropped and picked up later. Worgen squatting in a tree and only having tiny representation in other zones like Blasted Lands or Stonetalon were more the result of the devs running out of time and having to cut corners, and also likely because they just didn't think Worgen fit anywhere in any of the zones. They initially planned for Worgen to have their leveling path in the Eastern Kingdoms but changed their minds at the last minute to try to shuffle Worgen more into the Kalimdor questing path. I wouldn't attribute any of this to be the result of incompetence on Genn's part, because I doubt that's what the writers themselves intend either.

I also don't want another civil war story, unless it's a short story retreading the Northgate Rebellion. Otherwise, why? Why do we need another one? I would rather have fresh stories that work to bring some sense of pride to Worgen since they've been a very neglected race up until now, and some storyline to paint Genn as the bad guy and be deposed is simply not on that list of stories that I would like to see.

well genn isnt really a bad character. the way he reacts and feels about the horde and especially the lich quee...ehem banshee queen sylvanas is normal. the forsaken invaded his kingdom and turned it into a desolate place. i mean , bias aside, his way of thinking is normal. anyone would do the same in his place. but i hate him, even if i play alliance, and for the simple reason that he left the alliance of lordaeron and didnt even bother to help with the coming scourge. i have no pitty for him nor do i care if he dies but i understand his hate towards sylvanas. its a pretty natural and normal view.

Comparing Genn to Garrosh.

Typical fanfiction and bullshit arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Exactly. Terenas didn't gave shit about plague. Neither is Uther. The only one who was doing something was Arthas and he was tricked into trap. The Lordaeron was doomed to fall once Arthas took dark side and killed his father. I doubt Genn and Gilneas could stop it.

Genn is great King for HIS people - he isolated his kingdom and saved them from Blight. He left Alliance because he didn't wanted HIS people to pay taxes to feed orcs. And they would be okay if focking Sylvanas and Garrosh didn't wanted Gilneas as their new port base.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Battle for Undercity is really quite obvious.
    Already played pre patch and seen all stuff? See that when you dive into your fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    Yes! And Jaina Proudmoore will rise as the Lich Queen. I'm thinking: , but I'm really thinking: .
    Dreadlord*

Deleted
    While I dont think he will be a raid boss now (I think it was possibly doable before BFA if you had a schism in the allaince betweern war and peace orientated factions) I would to see more stuff about his anti-allaince stance after the second war. Could be interesting to see some humans openly mock him for abandoning them in the third war. That part of his history seems to have been forgotten since he learnt friendship is important in Worgen starter zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Lel suggesting that Gilnean people hate Genn when they say " every friend of Greymane is a friend of mine" every two clicks. Funny shit.
    I'm not saying they hate him. I'm saying they should be rightfully upset about him being a terrible king. But because it's the Alliance it just isn't a thing. Meanwhile Sylvanas stops living in Undercity for a year of being Warchief and the Desolate Council becomes a thing. There's a reason I said any Blackwold Revolution Redo should end with them demanding he deal with their grievances or step down, rather than suggesting they kill him.

As to the two clicks: Sylvanas only just now stopped saying "What joy is there in this curse" after she realized in Wrath that being undead is "Saving" her from the Shadowlands and plotting to murder and raise her sister to Protect" her from that fate. A lot of voice lines are just way out of date. The Gilnean haven't gotten new voice lines in 7 years.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetris Wizard View Post
    She only killed the ones who resisted arrest. This was only after the Horde wiped Theramore from existence and then invaded Darnassus.
    Darnassus was infiltrated, not invaded.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Even if he wanted to pull a Garrosh he has neither the manpower or influence, Anduin would give him the spray bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Remember how A lot of his people hated him for practically cutting off part of their kingdom, there was an entire civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    A well written argument.
    I don't disagree that the ball was dropped on Worgen. But it has continued to be dropped. And it's not like they haven't done a dozen comics and novels with another dozen short stories, since then. Having Anduin go to Genn late one night for advice to find him pacing on the plight of the Gilnean or working late organizing supplies and provisions for his people before he asks for and gets the advice would at least show that he's some king of semi decent monarch and takes about half a paragraph of framing text on a scene that will already be written, anyhow.

They didn't just drop the ball. They forgot about it and paved a parking lot over it.

But at this point they can either TELL us "Oh, he was always a good king!" and have it be a weak declaration, 7 years too late, or SHOW us the long suffering Gilnean bringing their grievances to the king and forcing him to act on them. One of those things is a much better story than the other.

Deleted
    I think they should tell a story with his daughter (unless they mess her up in the process, then they'd better leave her as she is >.>).

They are trying to get Genn to come across as someone caring for his people, but with the wrong means. Which kind of means he hasn't changed much, he also thought building a wall would serve his people well and was very angry when they started a civil war over it. Or rather, disagreed at first, sent troops to Kalimdor with Jaina and then started a civil war when Genn shut the country down completely.

His 'caring for his people' is giving in to his and their thirst for revenge. His daughter thinks he's going too far with it (she was at least suggesting as much in the intro to Legion), but Lorna for example is completely on the same page with him. She tells Tess, if he dies because of his recklessness, it's just how things go, when you are dedicated to your goal.
    On the other hand they showed him stopping his pursuit of Sylvanas for a moment, when his troops came under attack in Stormheim. He tells you he'd rather keep hunting, but there is a dire situation for his outpost that needs dealing with first. That was kind of a moment where I thought, he's not really over the edge yet, after the intro to Stormheim, where I saw him and Rogers as clearly unhinged.

I don't know if they still want to tell a story of him coming to a little more sense without completely turning peaceful, but they kept that door open I think.
    If they don't want to do that, they can keep him as a warmonger, but he's not reaching Garrosh levels anytime soon, I think. Maybe Sylvanas levels at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    His agenda ... The dude's kingdom was sacked by the Banshee Queen. He has every right for revenge.

It's like saying, hey, Sylvanas had no right to be angry at the Lich King, Sylvanas was the bad guy for going after the Lich King in Northrend ...
    The dudes gone past revenge and gone full blow bloodlust. Hes war hungry and will take any chance he gets to attack. With or without cause, as long as he Thinks he might get a jab in at Sylvanas. I wouldn't doubt hes the reason the night elf city was burned. So he could twist it into starting the war. I mean, its awfully coincidental that the First city they go after is the under city.

I can absolutely see him going the way of garrosh. Corrupted by an old god in a bid to get more power to drive his bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I want Genn to die, not because I dislike him at all but rather because I am really curious to see Tess take on a more prominent role as we are short on important rogues.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Genn should be the High King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not, Genn is one of my favourite characters in the game right now. Well outside Khadgar and Alleria of course
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance