... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I love how every single argument for this is

"it's managable"

"it's not so bad"

"you can get used to it"

yeah those are such promising words
    "Here is your replacement leg, its managable, its not so bad, and you will get used to it"

sometimes the best thing for long term are not always obviously the best thing short term...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Yea probably, but having to use 3-5 CDs in a row, because CD stacking will almost always be the best bet, will be fucking annoying.
    to get 5 cds you have to be a fury warrior, choosing all 3 active talents, and use an active trinket...
    so if you choose all those, that is your own god danm fault, and all with seperate cooldowns you are massivly hampering yourself if your going to save them.

blizzard wants to get rid of HUGE burst in pve and pvp, and this is the best way to do it.
    that or would everyone rather just have blizz remove all active cooldowns?
    because having a class that with 1 button press can activate 5 cooldowns, makes it so they must make burst phases EVEN MORE BURSTY to compensate, to make them difficult, and that just harms the whole community.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So to cater to the very small minority that gives a shit about PvP, they are going to make everyone elses gameplay feel like shit. How about they make this GCD change exclusive to rated PvP and Battlegrounds, and let the rest of us continue to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Here is your replacement leg, its managable, its not so bad, and you will get used to it"

sometimes the best thing for long term are not always obviously the best thing short term...

- - - Updated - - -

to get 5 cds you have to be a fury warrior, choosing all 3 active talents, and use an active trinket...
    so if you choose all those, that is your own god danm fault, and all with seperate cooldowns you are massivly hampering yourself if your going to save them.

blizzard wants to get rid of HUGE burst in pve and pvp, and this is the best way to do it.
    that or would everyone rather just have blizz remove all active cooldowns?
    because having a class that with 1 button press can activate 5 cooldowns, makes it so they must make burst phases EVEN MORE BURSTY to compensate, to make them difficult, and that just harms the whole community.
    They gotta reduce active cooldowns if this goes through, which I'm fine with. I'm not fine with the GCD change.

If I had it my way, each class would have 1-2 active damage cooldowns, a raid cooldown or debuff and a 1-2 defensive cooldowns. They would be off GCD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    So to cater to the very small minority that gives a shit about PvP, they are going to make everyone elses gameplay feel like shit. How about they make this GCD change exclusive to rated PvP and Battlegrounds, and let the rest of us continue to enjoy the game.
    it effects PVE too, because allowing classes to have MASSIVE BURST with a simple button press, it forces them to make burst phases even harder, to compensate for such amounts, for example if specific specs and classes just have MASSIVE aoe heal, then they will need to massivly increase aoe damage in raids to make it so you dont just go "oh bring a good aoe healer and curb stomp this"

- - - Updated - - -

They gotta reduce active cooldowns if this goes through, which I'm fine with. I'm not fine with the GCD change.
    what do you mean reduce?
    most classes have 1-2 some dont even have 1.
    there is literally ONLY ONE SPEC that can get 4 of them, and they must select three specific talents that dont work super well together for it.

This change is actually really lame for pvp. It will just slow the pace of it down. I doubt anyone has a good idea of how pvp feels on alpha atm(as they have yet to start testing), but if it's like live it could actually be sped up a bit. Not slowed down. And yeah, they could do that with other changes... But this will still hurt the classes that rely on getting burst out quick and will have to be adjusted accordingly to compensate.

Also... Doesn't this affect on-use trinkets?
    Last edited by Deonto; 2018-04-11 at 12:55 AM.

it effects PVE too, because allowing classes to have MASSIVE BURST with a simple button press, it forces them to make burst phases even harder, to compensate for such amounts, for example if specific specs and classes just have MASSIVE aoe heal, then they will need to massivly increase aoe damage in raids to make it so you dont just go "oh bring a good aoe healer and curb stomp this"

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean reduce?
    most classes have 1-2 some dont even have 1.
    there is literally ONLY ONE SPEC that can get 4 of them, and they must select three specific talents that dont work super well together for it.
    Well, I play a warrior, so I'm one of the guy with 3-4 at all times.

All of which work super well together.

Then there are possibilities on on-use trinkets...

yeah but... it's blizzard who's cutting my leg off.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    None of these are attacks, they are buff duration cooldowns, like Combustion, which was also off the GCD until BFA, or Avenging Wrath, or Icy Veins, Rapid Fire, or blah blah blah.

basically all abilities that work like this were off the GCD until BFA, for melee and ranged both... Aff Warlock simply doesn't have any of them (except Soul Harvest I think? Destro has it I know, and it IS off the GCD), because they don't rely on cooldowns for burst windows, they do consistent damage the whole time.
    Destro has Grimoire:Imp and Doomguard/Infernal summons, both of which are gcd spell cds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I play a warrior, so I'm one of the guy with 3-4 at all times.

All of which work super well together.

Then there are possibilities on on-use trinkets...
    3-4 at all times? well that is your fault for choosing those, and you can only have 1 active trinket at a time so there ya go, max 5 if you choose every possible thing.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but... it's blizzard who's cutting my leg off.
    not really. because pressing 1 button to use 5 spells at once is not good gameplay, and allowing players to commit MASSIVE burst just makes raids harder to tune and use.

3-4 at all times? well that is your fault for choosing those, and you can only have 1 active trinket at a time so there ya go, max 5 if you choose every possible thing.

- - - Updated - - -

not really. because pressing 1 button to use 5 spells at once is not good gameplay, and allowing players to commit MASSIVE burst just makes raids harder to tune and use.
    Yep, entirely my fault that those are the best choices. I designed the class to be best under those circumstances, then I went and put all those things on a global cooldown. Roger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, entirely my fault that those are the best choices. I designed the class to be best under those circumstances, then I went and put all those things on a global cooldown. Roger.
    no its your choice that you chose to use those, if you want to do the best dps sometimes you gotta deal with a weirder playstyle, for example go to lockstop and look up what the best demo spec and roation is currently its literally called the meme dream spec.

but with this change we might see blizz do some minor alteration and change some of those talents, also not all cooldowns will go on the GCD

no its your choice that you chose to use those, if you want to do the best dps sometimes you gotta deal with a weirder playstyle, for example go to lockstop and look up what the best demo spec and roation is currently its literally called the meme dream spec.

but with this change we might see blizz do some minor alteration and change some of those talents, also not all cooldowns will go on the GCD
    and demo feels fucking bad, which is why I don't play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    and demo feels fucking bad, which is why I don't play it.
    demo does not feel bad because of GCDs... it feels bad because it is one of if not the only spec in the game where you cast spells THEN buff them...

demo does not feel bad because of GCDs... it feels bad because it is one of if not the only spec in the game where you cast spells THEN buff them...
    It would almost feel like casting a buff then casting a buff then casting another buff while not being able to cast an actual attack. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Yea let's force that shit gameplay on other classes instead of fixing it for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    https://gfycat.com/AmazingDecimalAmericankestrel

someone linked this Gif of warrior pressing cooldowns.. tell me how that looks like good gameplay. He had to press 3 GCD before anything actually happened on the 4th. Basically took 6 seconds just to press his cooldowns.
    I actually like it. It looks more like a big deal for a CD to be used. It's more fluid. It's not just a bunch of shit flying everywhere at once.

As a destro lock on live, my current CD rotation is this:
    Life Tap (ELT)
    Summon Infernal
    Grimoire Imp
    Dimensional Rift
    Havoc? if cleaving
    Soul Harvest (only one off the gcd)

On alpha the CD rotation is:
    Summon Infernal
    Dark Soul (if Talented)

So y'all can suck it, it's your turn to deal with 7 second cd prep while I go on with just Infernal-bro

wait

didnt you JUST say that no class uses 5 buttons at once even warriors use only 4 and 3 of them are talents?

I've already explained that it's just one button for me

but I CAN NOT press it during my other cooldowns cos I'M GCD capped, which means I either sit on a relatively short cooldown for a few seconds to wait for my big CD(which is not worth it like 99% of the time) or I cant use it UNTIL my cooldowns are down, which just feels horrible.

what dont you get about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, cos that's the problem with this

not that outlaw can literally overcap on energy during the GCD of activating adrush

or that not being able to activate SB during dance will just feel horrible.

the whole point of GCD is that you cant spam damage abilities instantly into someone.

making the rotation awkward has nothing to do with the purpose of it.

there's a reason why blizzard took those abilities off the GCD

why are they going backwards in development?
    It's because the current design team was NOT around for when they made the previous decisions, so they are attempting to reinvent the wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would almost feel like casting a buff then casting a buff then casting another buff while not being able to cast an actual attack. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Yea let's force that shit gameplay on other classes instead of fixing it for yours.
    No, it feels nothing like that...
    therei s a big difference in using a buff, then casting your spells.
    then casting your spells then having to buff them right away.

- - - Updated - - -

wait

didnt you JUST say that no class uses 5 buttons at once even warriors use only 4 and 3 of them are talents?

I've already explained that it's just one button for me

but I CAN NOT press it during my other cooldowns cos I'M GCD capped, which means I either sit on a relatively short cooldown for a few seconds to wait for my big CD(which is not worth it like 99% of the time) or I cant use it UNTIL my cooldowns are down, which just feels horrible.

what dont you get about that?

i literally said its one button...
    and just.. its depressing talking to you lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Destro has Grimoire:Imp and Doomguard/Infernal summons, both of which are gcd spell cds.
    Those are abilities which themselves cause damage, not abilities that amplify damage of other abilities.

The abilities you list are not the same as Icy Veins, Combustion, Avenging Wrath, Rapid Fire, Soul Harvest, etc, because none of those abilities I listed cause damage, abilities like those you list have never been off the GCD, for any class.

For example, the gif posted on the first page. He pressed 4 abilities:

Battle Shout (does no damage, off the GCD in legion)
    Bloodbath(does no damage, off the GCD in Legion)
    Dragon's Roar (does damage, ON the GCD in Legion)
    Avatar (does no damage, off the GCD in Legion)

Abilities that deal damage are on the GCD, abilities that do not do damage aren't on the GCD.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-04-11 at 02:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.