Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No problem keep wasting your efforts complaining about a silly TV show instead of focusing on real life racism.
    Where do you think racism comes from? I mean, you dumbasses farm out your entire worldview to cable TV because you're too stupid to use the internet to meet people who aren't like you.

The only thing that "SJWs" accomplish with that is that it will annoy more reasonable people and hurt your credibility in real cases. Almost look like a false flag by alt righters.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    "Nothing that happens to anyone else is bad. Unless someone criticizes something on TV. Then we need to bring back McCarthyism."

What's his name?

- - - Updated - - -

"He's wrong because he hurt my fee-fees. Now here's why brown people should be ground up into a slurry."

- - - Updated - - -

"People who don't like minstrel shows are the REAL racists."

Jesus, dude. Just stop. Go to your room and think about what you've done. Your mother and I are very disappointed in you.

- - - Updated - - -

Then prove it. Chop chop.
    Oh look someone has a different opinion then me we can´t have that we have to call them Racist and try to shut them down because god forbid that other opinions then my one have to be allowed...

You in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    SJWs like him are condescending sods that belittle the people they supposedly defend on their behalf while in reality do fuck all other than to stroke their own feel good [morality] ego.

I am part Indian part Irish and honestly have zero issues with the stereotyping, my father is 100% Indian who enjoys watching The Simpson's.
    [citation needed]

Honestly wish such SJWs would fuck off and get a life, but that's asking too much...
    Maybe if you want to convince people you're right, you should come up with good arguments. There's the rub, really. The problem is that you guys defend stereotypes because you ARE stereotypes. You have no independent thoughts. "My grandmothers's neighbor's uncle's cousin's roomate's cat's son who lives in Canada so you can't meet him is 1/16 [insert demographic here], and HE doesn't care. So that means your experiences are false." "Well, someone called me mayonnaise boy, so it's OK for me to burn this cross." "Your pain doesn't matter, only mine does." We've heard it all. You're boring. You demand we treat every argument that some Youtuber douchebag told you to make as a breaking insight to the human condition. No. You're just not that bright.

You're angry that people want something better. Because none of you can deliver better. Your shackled by your own mediocrity, and are angry that people aren't receptive to the same stupid arguments made by 10,000 other idiots before you. You will never deliver anything of worth in your life, and you will die ignored and uncared for. It's time you accept that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Oh look someone has a different opinion then me we can´t have that we have to call them Racist and try to shut them down because god forbid that other opinions then my one have to be allowed...

You in a nutshell.
    Maybe try making arguments for once in your life. That'll convince people that you don't have ulterior motives. Seriously, though, it's kind of hard to insist that you're not racist when you claim the perspective of white people trumps the perspective of Indians when it comes to the representation of South Asian people.
    Last edited by Zython; 2018-04-11 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The latest episode of the Simpsons has addressed controversy surrounding Indian character Apu for the first time.

I have to say I am on the side that The Simpsons have always played on stereotypes and in a deliberate way to show the absurdity of stereotypes
    I think that Apu is a more three-dimensional and better written character than Hari Kondabolu.

Sorry, but I think a guy whose life solely revolves around hating an indian shop owner is simply not really something that comes from real life and I had serious problem empathizes with him during his video. He is not as badly written as for example Kylo Ren, but I think Apu really is the better character.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It only took the SJWs 20 years to get a hold of Apu?

Dude has been a sterotype for 2 decades. In fact most of the Simpsons characters are

Seriously get over yourself
    When Apu was initially released he was an extremely positive character, especially for Indian people in the US who have had zero representation. And to be real here, he isn't a negative stereotype in any shape or form. He also wasn't just a throwaway character on the show, he made re-occurring appearances and had episodes and stories centered around him.
    The hate for Apu is almost laughable, and saying he is a stereotype is almost a stretch. His speech patterns are similar to what you hear from 1st generation (moved to the US) Indians, and he owns a convenience store. Lets be real here, it's not a stereotype, it's an observation. I can name 5 different convenience stores right now that are owned by Indians. Outside of a chains, I can only think of one that isn't owned by an Indian.

So let's run down the Apu stereotype.
    Middle aged, hardworking entrepreneur, who speaks with an accent.
    He has a beautiful wife, like 10 kids, and work's tirelessly to provide for them.
    Cares for his store like he does his family because it's his piece of the American dream.

Wow, what an awful stereotype, truly the worst stereotype on the show behind the Jazz loving hobo black guy, fat comic book nerd with social issues, chain smoking unmarried white women, the town drunk, etc...

This is right up there with Mickey Rooney's straight off a propaganda poster Japanese guy, and John Wayne's attempt to play Genghis Khan.

But this is just more proof that people that are looking to be offended often pick the worst martyrs possible.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think that Apu is a more three-dimensional and better written character than Hari Kondabolu.
    Ok. How does that prove him wrong? MAKE ARGUMENTS.

Sorry, but I think a guy whose life solely revolves around hating an indian shop owner is simply not really something that comes from real life and I had serious problem empathizes with him during his video. He is not as badly written as for example Kylo Ren, but I think Apu really is the better character.
    You...know he does other things, right? People don't disappear when you turn the TV off.

And people keep telling me that TV isn't rotting their brains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    When Apu was initially released he was an extremely positive character, especially for Indian people in the US who have had zero representation. And to be real here, he isn't a negative stereotype in any shape or form. He also wasn't just a throwaway character on the show, he made re-occurring appearances and had episodes and stories centered around him.
    The hate for Apu is almost laughable, and saying he is a stereotype is almost a stretch. His speech patterns are similar to what you hear from 1st generation (moved to the US) Indians, and he owns a convenience store. Lets be real here, it's not a stereotype, it's an observation. I can name 5 different convenience stores right now that are owned by Indians. Outside of a chains, I can only think of one that isn't owned by an Indian.

He has a beautiful wife, like 10 kids, and work's tirelessly to provide for them.
    Cares for his store like he does his family because it's his piece of the American dream.

Wow, what an awful stereotype, truly the worst stereotype on the show behind the Jazz loving hobo black guy, fat comic book nerd with social issues, chain smoking unmarried white women, the town drunk, etc...

This is right up there with Mickey Rooney's straight off a propaganda poster Japanese guy, and John Wayne's attempt to play Genghis Khan.

But this is just more proof that people that are looking to be offended often pick the worst martyrs possible.
    This is going to be the entire thread, isn't it?

Okay. And is fat tony not a play on italians

What about bumble bee guy? What about Jewish Crusty?
    Qhat about the sea captin? What about the play on the fat inept cop wiggum? What about the play on the school nerd martin veing a flower frolicing ninny?

The qhole show is making fun of people and culture why does apu matter?

Ohhhh skin color is dark. Carry on!

Ok. How does that prove him wrong? MAKE ARGUMENTS.

You...know he does other things, right? People don't disappear when you turn the TV off.

And people keep telling me that TV isn't rotting their brains.

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to be the entire thread, isn't it?

Well I'm sorry but I have yet to see this actually addressed.
    Would it be better if Apu was a Drunk? Would it be better if Apu ignored Marge every episode and refused to speak with her? How about if he had an inaccurate Sikh style turban?

At worst Apu is the stereotype of a hardworking immigrant. He has had tons of character development which has set up his actions. He wasn't just dropped into the show as an understandable stereotype, they actually gave him backstory to explain his behavior. So again, outside of tweets from people who I frankly don't care about and you've completely missed the point that it's likely a satire account... can you add anything to the discussion of Apu being a bad character in any shape or form.

I'll answer the question, no you can't.

Well I'm sorry but I have yet to see this actually addressed.
    You would if you actually watched the fucking documentary.

Would it be better if Apu was a Drunk? Would it be better if Apu ignored Marge every episode and refused to speak with her? How about if he had an inaccurate Sikh style turban?

At worst Apu is the stereotype of a hardworking immigrant. He has had tons of character development which has set up his actions. He wasn't just dropped into the show as an understandable stereotype, they actually gave him backstory to explain his behavior. So again, outside of tweets from people who I frankly don't care about and you've completely missed the point that it's likely a satire account... can you add anything to the discussion of Apu being a bad character in any shape or form.

I'll answer the question, no you can't.
    Here you go.

You would if you actually watched the fucking documentary.

Here you go.
    Yes I get it, comedian is butt-hurt because there is a lack of Indian representation in US media. When Apu was created, Indians represented less than .5% of the US population. He can't separate the fact that the Simpsons was a cultural phenomenon and unless you lived in an actual civilized part of the US namely the North East and maybe small parts of California, most people you've met only know of Indian american's through Apu.

So really, his problem is with people who are probably not intelligent enough to have a driver's licence who think wit means sprouting catch phrases.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2018-04-11 at 01:09 AM.

Yes I get it, comedian is butt-hurt because there is a lack of Indian representation in US media. When Apu was created, Indians represented less than .5% of the US population. He can't separate the fact that the Simpsons was a cultural phenomenon and unless you lived in an actual civilized part of the US namely the North East and maybe small parts of California, most people you've met only know of Indian american's through Apu.
    That's...that's the problem. Yes.

Edit: Remember when I was talking about idiots farming their entire worldview to cable TV? That's why accurate representation is important. Because people use media to inform themselves of the world outside of their immediate vicinity.
    Last edited by Zython; 2018-04-11 at 01:10 AM.

That’s a rather great way to view it.

OFP

I'll admit that my sample size isn't the largest........but every Indian around here sounds the exact same way. There are stereotypes for a reason.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    The future they want is that of Demolition Man.
    NO! Not Pizza Hut! NOOOOOO!

That's...that's the problem. Yes.

Edit: Remember when I was talking about idiots farming their entire worldview to cable TV? That's why accurate representation is important. Because people use media to inform themselves of the world outside of their immediate vicinity.
    But we are talking about people who even though they see Barney as a drunk and the comic book nerd, they can see that all white people don't fit into these stereotypes. But because they have very little contact with Indian Americans, they suddenly make every Indian American Apu.
    That's a problem with upbringing, that's a problem with cognitive disassociation, not an issue with the media. They simply can't separate fiction from reality.

[citation needed]

Maybe if you want to convince people you're right, you should come up with good arguments. There's the rub, really. The problem is that you guys defend stereotypes because you ARE stereotypes. You have no independent thoughts. "My grandmothers's neighbor's uncle's cousin's roomate's cat's son who lives in Canada so you can't meet him is 1/16 [insert demographic here], and HE doesn't care. So that means your experiences are false." "Well, someone called me mayonnaise boy, so it's OK for me to burn this cross." "Your pain doesn't matter, only mine does." We've heard it all. You're boring. You demand we treat every argument that some Youtuber douchebag told you to make as a breaking insight to the human condition. No. You're just not that bright.

You're angry that people want something better. Because none of you can deliver better. Your shackled by your own mediocrity, and are angry that people aren't receptive to the same stupid arguments made by 10,000 other idiots before you. You will never deliver anything of worth in your life, and you will die ignored and uncared for. It's time you accept that.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try making arguments for once in your life. That'll convince people that you don't have ulterior motives. Seriously, though, it's kind of hard to insist that you're not racist when you claim the perspective of white people trumps the perspective of Indians when it comes to the representation of South Asian people.
    What the flying fuck are you on about spouting such nonsensical bullshit? Do you just enjoy listening to yourself talk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGvlkRysEU&t=208s

I think we could all learn something from Apu.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The latest episode of the Simpsons has addressed controversy surrounding Indian character Apu for the first time.

I have to say I am on the side that The Simpsons have always played on stereotypes and in a deliberate way to show the absurdity of stereotypes
    After how many years, no one has yet bitched about the fact that they white washed (yellow-washed?) Smithers. He used to be a black guy. And no one bats an eye. but this guy, Apu, we gotta bring pitchforks and torches...SMH

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've stopped listening to cultural critics of all forms, even the nerdier ones that do movies and comics from a non-social lens.

It's easier to sit there and critique someone elses' creation than it is to come up with your own shit. It's really a pathetic way to make a living.

Get a life drones. Not as many people care as you think they do.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2018-04-11 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What the flying fuck are you on about spouting such nonsensical bullshit? Do you just enjoy listening to yourself talk?
    Just report him and move on. Mods will take care of it before long.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours