Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Because it's wrong even if he used that date. It's not 81/365 over. As of jan 3rd this year it was 182.5/365 over. That was 3 months 8 days ago.
    He said 181/365. He was spot on. That "181" is in your cite of his statement. There is a space between the 1 and the 81, which might have led to confusion. Maybe we could just let it go because it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Rumor is Ryan's on tape for directing foreign money into the RNC. Ryan may not want to be around for the end game of all this.
    I would be curious where the rumor came from. Do you have a link or anything to point towards. Because if that's what Mueller is holding, and the GOP top echelons know it, the swamp draining resigning would make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He said 181/365. He was spot on. That "181" is in your cite of his statement. There is a space between the 1 and the 81, which might have led to confusion. Maybe we could just let it go because it doesn't matter.
    He said 1 81/365ths. Not 181/365. 1 81/365ths = 81/365.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This 2-year cycle ain't over. It is 1 81/365ths over, and we're already up to 58.
    Regardless, even if that was the case, and he did mean 181/365, today isn't 181/365 either, nor was jan 20, though 3 months ago was at least close. If you're wondering why I'm arguing over this, look in the mirror. Why are you arguing for something that was wrong? Does 181=182.5? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I would be curious where the rumor came from. Do you have a link or anything to point towards. Because if that's what Mueller is holding, and the GOP top echelons know it, the swamp draining resigning would make a lot of sense.
    I would like to see the source myself. Although if it's true, the resignations of the GOP won't matter. Mueller will clean up regardless for crimes committed period.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is Gold, or iron.

This is from Randy Bryce, the former ironworker, veteran, and current Democrat running for Paul Ryan's seat.

@IronStache
    BREAKING: WE JUST REPEALED PAUL RYAN

Now it's time to replace him. Chip in to help us build this campaign and give #WI01, for the first time in 20 years, some real representation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He said 1 81/365ths. Not 181/365. 1 81/365ths = 81/365.
    Right - because typos never happen.

Regardless, even if that was the case, and he did mean 181/365, today isn't 181/365 either, nor was jan 20, though 3 months ago was at least close. If you're wondering why I'm arguing over this, look in the mirror. Why are you arguing for something that was wrong? Does 181=182.5? No.
    The date must have changed for the one day difference.

Actually - none of those numbers really make any sense - yours or his. Jan 3 was about 110 days ago. Neither 81 nor 181 is close to that number.

Heh - maybe I'm missing something. It's happened before. Once. Wait - no, it didn't. Turns out I was right. If I'm wrong about not being right, does that still make me wrong?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-04-11 at 08:04 PM.

Holy over-reacting batman. I'm just pointing out that you were wrong, which you just admitted (the date must have changed for the one day difference). You really need to sit back and stop.
    I wasn't wrong. Again, today isn't 181/365. 181/365 isn't even half over. We're well passed 1/2 over through the 2 year term. This shouldn't be hard to understand. Do you even see what you're writing? "The date must have changed for the one day difference." This makes no sense. You're literally arguing in favor of something that was wrong, and provably so, and telling me I'm wrong. Do you see why you come across as unreasonable sometimes?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    This is Gold, or iron.

This is from Randy Bryce, the former ironworker, veteran, and current Democrat running for Paul Ryan's seat.

@IronStache

OMG that is the best! It would be fantastic to see the Speaker replaced by the Blue Wave.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't wrong. Again, today isn't 181/365. 181/365 isn't even half over. We're well passed 1/2 over through the 2 year term. This shouldn't be hard to understand. Do you even see what you're writing? "The date must have changed for the one day difference." This makes no sense. You're literally arguing in favor of something that was wrong, and provably so, and telling me I'm wrong. Do you see why you come across as unreasonable sometimes?
    Actually, I must be missing something even bigger (I edited my post after you cited it) because neither of your numbers make sense. Jan 3/20 was about 110-120 days ago, give or take.

OMG that is the best! It would be fantastic to see the Speaker replaced by the Blue Wave.
    Likely to happen. That's why Ryan doesn't want to face him. A loss will cost him his political career.

I read it as 1 and 81/365, or (365/365) + (81/365), or 446/365, or 1.222 years, or 61.11% through the term.

You are all wrong.

And January 20 was 11+28+31+11 = 81 days ago.

Just putting that out there.

If we want to correct the numbers, we are at 1 and 98/365 = 463/365 = 1.268 years = 61.34% through the term.
    For completion's sake, we are at 1 and 155/365 = 520/365 = 1.425 years = 71.25% until the 2018 elections.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2018-04-11 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Actually, I must be missing something even bigger (I edited my post after you cited it) because neither of your numbers make sense. Jan 3/20 was about 110-120 days ago, give or take.
    We're more than 1/2 way through this congress. They weren't elected last november. They were elected two novembers ago. They took office jan, 3 2017, not the jan 20th date he was using. So jan, 3 2018 (or the jan 20th date they were using) would have been 1/2 through that congress is you go by when this congress was sat. That's 182.5/365 over. We're now at apr, 11 2018. That's way over 181/365, even if I'm allowing you that they meant 181/365 and not 81/365, as both numbers are wrong anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I read it as One and 81/365, or (365/365) + (81/365), or 446/365, or 1.222 years, or 61.11% through the term.

You are all wrong.
    I would like to be wronger than the others though, please.

But seriously, if it's what you say, does that make the Jan 20th date right? Now that the GOP is fully imploding, math is about we have left. That and Beer & Nacho Night.

I read it as 1 and 81/365, or (365/365) + (81/365), or 446/365, or 1.222 years, or 61.11% through the term.

You are all wrong.

This is just and incredibly confusing way to write that if that's the case. I actually believe you're correct.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're more than 1/2 way through this congress. They weren't elected last november. They were elected two novembers ago. They took office jan, 3 2017, not the jan 20th date he was using. So jan, 3 2018 (or the jan 20th date they were using) would have been 1/2 through that congress is you go by when this congress was sat. That's 182.5/365 over. We're now at apr, 11 2018. That's way over 181/365, even if I'm allowing you that they meant 181/365 and not 81/365, as both numbers are wrong anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    But Breccia is a science guy, and I'd like to think that science guys tend to get their math right. If he meant two years, and 1 & 81/365th, using Jan 20, that makes it correct, right?

- - - Updated - - -

This is just and incredibly confusing way to write that if that's the case. I actually believe you're correct.
    So he was right. Lol.

I would like to be wronger than the others though, please.

But seriously, if it's what you say, does that make the Jan 20th date right? Now that the GOP is fully imploding, math is about we have left. That and Beer & Nacho Night.
    Well, again, congress gets sat on the 3rd, so no matter what, the number isn't accurate.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You are all wrong.

So he nailed it. 1 81/365th.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, again, congress gets sat on the 3rd, so no matter what, the number isn't accurate.
    Jesus fucking christ. You don't get to chose the date he picks. He said Jan 20th. The number was spot on. FFS.

Because you guys missed my edit:

If we want to correct the numbers to January 3rd, we are at 1 and 98/365 = 463/365 = 1.268 years = 61.34% through the term.

For completion's sake, using November 7th, we are at 1 and 155/365 = 520/365 = 1.425 years = 71.25% until the 2018 elections.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    https://politics.theonion.com/entitl...ocialMarketing

Entitled Deadbeat Finally Breaks Out Of 20-Year Cycle Of Government Dependency
    Wait - does this make 20 years for Ryan? Bwaaahahahaha. He's retiring now because he gets his PENSION. Holy FUCK that is hysterical.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you guys missed my edit:

If we want to correct the numbers to January 3rd, we are at 1 and 98/365 = 463/365 = 1.268 years = 61.34% through the term.

For completion's sake, using November 7th, we are at 1 and 155/365 = 520/365 = 1.425 years = 71.25% until the 2018 elections.
    I think 'ol Rippy is gonna need a number for each day, 'cause he seems to think he can pick whatever date he wants and then call everyone else wrong because of it.

Feel free to recommend @chaud include MathType in the forums for future discussions.

There isn't a reasonably clear way to notate fractions greater than a whole number in BBS without either special characters like ¼ (which don't exist for fractions like 81/365) or just using decimals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    This is Gold, or iron.

@IronStache

That is seriously awesome. Do we know who the Republican party is going to field instead of Ryan? It's going to be an uphill battle for them, as anyone they get hasn't had as much lead up time as Randy.

Jesus fucking christ. You don't get to chose the date he picks. He said Jan 20th. The number was spot on. FFS.
    I mean, yes, I do. Well, I don't, but the US constitution sure does. And regardless, what you were arguing was still wrong. If, instead of saying, "hey, accept this wrong thing, jeez, why are you over reacting," you'd said, "hey, I think you guys are miscommunicating," you wouldn't look as unreasonable as you do. What I was doing was correcting something I saw as wrong (and was wrong), what you were advocating was acceptance of untrue things.