Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, I'm disappointed. I also only play Moira of these heroes otherwise, so no fun heroes for me to choose unless I play the all heroes-version.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Another question, can you destroy the enemy airships ? So far they only appear damaged with some explosions in their reactors, but they don't blow up.
    Yes, you can. I was Mercy, and boosting the hell out of the Bastion in my team. Focusing on the enemy dropships, he could down them before they even dropped the Talon troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, you can. I was Mercy, and boosting the hell out of the Bastion in my team. Focusing on the enemy dropships, he could down them before they even dropped the Talon troops.
    Tested a bit more afterwards, 2 Reaper clips are also enough to down an airship at close range. Helps a bit on the last phase to avoid getting the 2 waves coming from one ship. It doesn't get destroyed in a Michael Bay fashionway though.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to get the legendary achievement with friends. By the end we manage to survive without issue until the 1st Heavy Assault where we get destroyed. The big add itself isn't an issue...Problem are the Shooter reinforcements who kill us from afar (Enforcers are manageable since they don't do anything unless close range). Playing Mccree, I spent most of the time playing peekaboo when firing and, even then, I lose a lot of health. >-<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never did uprising, so after I finish the second free retribution chest I am going to do uprising, so I guess saving the best for last? lol

Just to think that Moira had Widowmaker under Talon's influence at this time while under Blackwatch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like the mode this year, but between the people who don't realise you need to get on the ship and the people who intentionally don't get on the ship, I feel like the ending could have been done a little better.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

i love it and love PVE modes in OW. Glad they are releasing new ones, now if we could just get a permanent PVE mode
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It is kinda short but it's fun to play. The only truly disappointing part is how little lore there is introduced. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given that the lore last year was also mostly given by a comic, but that was rapped up. There's a big dangling "well, what happened to them afterwards?" that's still around and it's bugging the shit out of me. Who knows when they'll answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It is kinda short but it's fun to play. The only truly disappointing part is how little lore there is introduced. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given that the lore last year was also mostly given by a comic, but that was rapped up. There's a big dangling "well, what happened to them afterwards?" that's still around and it's bugging the shit out of me. Who knows when they'll answer this.
    I'm assuming it's how they end up in Talon. In the last scene, you can see McCree sitting outside so he's presumably fine but Reaper is getting questioned which likely leads to him joining Talon. Or that's what I figured when watching it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

long shot but what if reyes joined talon to destroy them from within and try to have widow regain her old self?

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it but I wish it was longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I actually really like the mode this year, but between the people who don't realise you need to get on the ship and the people who intentionally don't get on the ship, I feel like the ending could have been done a little better.
    It's less technical than Uprising was, in a good way, and all the heroes fit well; Tracer was REALLY not a good fit for the kind of fighting there was in Uprising, so much so that they had to include a "makes omnics brains go wonky" special feature to make her not completely useless.

And yeah; the ship needs to wait 5 seconds after the first person steps in, and say "we're leaving in 5", and continue the countdown. Require 2 people to leave for a "win", make 4 people surviving a point contribution to final score. Or something.

Alternatively, they could've just spawned like 8 Heavies at the furthest points. Make it obvious that fighting isn't an option; get to the ship before they overrun you. Which'll happen anyway, but it's less obvious with how it is.

Got the no incap achievement and working on the Legendary one. My group kept wiping in the last phase where we're facing 2 Heavies. Instead of kiting in the small room, we move around the plaza in a circle. Problem aren't the Heavies but the shooters who shoot from the other side without falloff damage...and the enforcers spawning right next to you. >-<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I liked it more than Uprising. Less downtime, no useless hero like Tracer, and you're less dependent on how good the Reinhardt is. Enemies are also more fun to fight.

I do agree a boss fight at the end would have been cooler than what we got (maybe against the second Doomfist who flees when low on health?). It can take only one dummy deciding not to get on the ship to ruin the run at the last second.

The best part of Uprising for me, when I played it earlier today, was having the game itself threaten to kick me for being inactive.
    I was playing Reinhardt, moving around and keeping my shield up so that my teammates could do the killing safely and the objective remained undamaged.

So I obeyed the 'professional video game developers' who so obviously knew better than I did how to support my team, and joined in the killing by dropping my shield to make my teammates and the objective vulnerable.

The fuck?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The best part of Uprising for me, when I played it earlier today, was having the game itself threaten to kick me for being inactive.
    I was playing Reinhardt, moving around and keeping my shield up so that my teammates could do the killing safely and the objective remained undamaged.

So I obeyed the 'professional video game developers' who so obviously knew better than I did how to support my team, and joined in the killing by dropping my shield to make my teammates and the objective vulnerable.

The fuck?
    lol yeah. I've had that happen in normal matches when the enemy team gives up and I end up just sitting there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was great!

Doing Legendary was both really challenging and really fun!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I really liked it too! Im gonna go for legendary today ^^ Any good setup tips?

Not sure about setups but Pharah is quite good with her AOE rockets which knock around enemies and flight.

Bridgette is actually good with her stuns and knock backs + cleaving melee healing. Her ult is great in a pinch.

Orisa is always great ofcourse. On the spot shields, anti-knockback for heavies, heavy fire and the yank in to clump enemies together or off cliffs. Plus her ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    I really liked it too! Im gonna go for legendary today ^^ Any good setup tips?
    Don't you need to do this on regular to get the achievements?

Signature Created by Jassinta