Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This kind of advertisement is obnoxious.

I'm not going to google who that is or look at the videos or links in the OP.

Ok. Thanks for notifying us.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Can't wait until I'm big enough for random people to misquote me on these forums.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Taliesin in his patest video suggests early on that blizz would use this feature to try to drum up interest and boost subs in case of a sub drop. But honestly I’m not convinced. Players have always wanted high elves but they seem pretty lackluster compared to nightborne or void elves. I dont see any allied race left boosting subs. What do you think?
    I was invited to the Alpha but I just uninstalled it
    everything feels stale. there was a shock how soon the expansion was being released in all honesty
    there are loads of areas that feel retextured from other expansions. Like the desert around the horde side its frost fire ridge with Sand.

So much focus is being put on Allied races when we all know once you level a character its about the Gameplay
    I really hope I'm proved wrong since I've been playing the game since 2005. But right at this moment BFA has the same vibe
    as Cata for me

I find his, and his wife's, content to be comical and fun. Despite that, he is often more right than wrong on his predictions, even when they are comically portrayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taliesin. Ok???? Gogogoogogogog
    If you made this thread to shill a youtube channel then go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally why Blizzard made the game and continues to invest money in the game. It's all for the sub count.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have thought the same thing for years. I always thought they would use high elves as a crowd pleaser when they needed one. Blizzard is known to use features in that way. LFR for example was a planned feature of MoP, but (presumably) because of the commercial disaster that was the end of Cata they pushed it out early during the DS patch.
    How can helves be a crowd pleaser when it's just a small amount of hardcore helf fans that really really want them and most people would be 'meh?'

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Posting a youtuber name in the title about his opinion seems to trigger some people here, the wannabe be trolls are having a good time.
    I think it's more about just posting the youtubers name like it should mean something to people without actually posting the video itself.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    How can helves be a crowd pleaser when it's just a small amount of hardcore helf fans that really really want them and most people would be 'meh?'
    It's not just high elves, all allied races are crowd pleasers behind a paywall of preordering the expansion. What you read were my thoughts that I had for many years prior to allied races.

My current thoughts are that perhaps they are still sitting on high elves as a potential crowd pleaser, but perhaps they feel like void elves have tapped that well dry. Only time can tell, but if you look at features such as transmog, Blizzard is always eager to give a little but hold back even more. Dangle the carrot and slowly give the people what they want. I'm not sure and quite frankly I don't really care if they are doing the same thing with allied races and high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Jake said that everything in a mmo-rpg is made to boost subs. But how much people want Allied Races? Will it be worth it for Blizzard to invest into this mechanic?

As Orkkitty told us, people loooooove cosmetics, but in a Moba, you can change your skin very quickly, while a mmo-rpg is made in a way that you are directed to invest into a single character - and a race change is expensive.
    Allied Races are really worth it, at least for Blizzard. Unlike the usual races, Allied Races do not have proper starting zones and so far ALL Allied races have been reskins from already existing races... so little effort = much gain basically

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.. I regret bothering to look up who this was about.

Trying waaaaayyy too hard to be "funny".

who? 10 chars

Gonna just completely skirt the fact that it was a pro-high elf video?

Honestly, I don't understand what the big deal is. Just give the game elves with blue eyes and everybody will be off doing their own thing. There will be less craziness going around.

Taliesin?

Not sure who Talesin is, but his statement is essentially "water is wet".

Of course every single thing blizzard does is to boost subs, entice new/retired players, and encourage active subs to play more and continue their subs.

Allied races are no different.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Allied Races are really worth it, at least for Blizzard. Unlike the usual races, Allied Races do not have proper starting zones and so far ALL Allied races have been reskins from already existing races... so little effort = much gain basically
    Not only that, but it gets better:

Allied races require players to spend more time on an already capped character doing reputation grinds and unlocking other pre-requisites.
    Allied races get players to start their progress over from scratch, probably with a new class, which in turn means:

a) Leveling time(possibly boosted for even MORE revenue)
    b) rep grind
    c) AP/Azerite grind
    d) gear grind
    d) Quest/War Story progress

All of which equates directly to higher MAUs, and potentially more subscription profits. And for what kind of dev-time investmet? Reskins/Recolors? A short intro scenario? Maybe some slight retcon in the lore? A single armor set?

Definitely worth it for Blizzard. And it's 100% fanservice for players. It's a win/win.

It was obviously a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taliesin in his patest video suggests early on that blizz would use this feature to try to drum up interest and boost subs in case of a sub drop. But honestly I’m not convinced. Players have always wanted high elves but they seem pretty lackluster compared to nightborne or void elves. I dont see any allied race left boosting subs. What do you think?
    Blizzard? Trying to generate interest and sustained player activity in one of their games? You don't say!

In other news, cow go moo. Duck go quack.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point Allied race Feature needs more allied races that people still want to play. I would go High Elf anyday than boring generic blueberry skin elven race like Void Elves.

Besides that I would role a Forest troll, Wildhammer Dwarf, Yaungol, and Broken Draenei.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD