• Team A

20 55.56%
  • Team B

16 44.44%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Infinite Battleground - Versus Fights

Murozond and Infinite Dragonflight were abducting Warcraft heroes from different places and times. They imprisoned them in a time limbo - place were heroes are forced to live the same day every day. The only way for heroes to leave this cursed place is participate in Arena. Those who defeat their opponents are allowed to leave, those who die are revived and held imprisoned until the next time. Aspect of Time forms the teams based on drawing lots so none of combatants can choose their partners. What team can cooperate better and defeat their opponents? What team will suffer lose and forced to continue their existence in limbo?

Leave your vote in posts and please explain why you choose specific team. Thank you and have fun!

FIGHT 1

Team A

Thassarian - Death Knight accompanied by his minion Lurid.
    "I have a role to play now. I'm part of a chain. And I will not be the weakest link in that chain."

Shandris Feathermoon - General of Night Elf Sentinels Army.
    "I'm good with a bow! My father taught me well! I'm probably as good as any of these!"

Kargath Bladefist - Gladiator Warrior (Main Universe).
    "Do not fear pain. Embrace it. Use it. Then no one can stand against you."

Team B

Dagran Thaurissan - Emperor of Dark Iron Clan.
    "Now prepare to meet your doom at the hands of Ragnaros' most powerful servant."

Lady Liadrin - Matriarch of the Blood Knights.
    "Our foes should know that they are in peril, from the lowest foot soldier to the mightiest hero."

Nobundo - Farseer of Broken.
    "My time in solitude had taught me how to calm myself and look inward. This I did in order to keep my sanity."
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-04-13 at 02:47 PM.

This seems much more balanced than the last one! I think Kargath is at a certain advantage, having been forced to fight in arenas for much of his life (though I don't know if that is still his background in the MU). I feel that Liadrin and Nobundo would have a hard time trusting each other, though I draw that conclusion because I feel like I remember Draenei mistrusting the Broken and those are their own people - can't imagine a Blood Elf being any better, if that is indeed the case. Both Dagran and Thassarian would, in my opinion be loose cannons.

Though I voted for Team A, I could see it going either way.

Went for Team A, looks strong. The Bladefist is the key. If Shandris is Marksman(she is a proper Archer) she can stand at 52 yards kiting that paladin for ages. While the shaman in the end will be out of range for healing the two others, seeing how the dwarf will fall behind because of the short legs at the same time Liadrin is running after Shandris. In the end it will be DK+Warr vs Dwarf, crushing him while Nobundu can't figure who to heal of his two team-mates.

7+ Year Old Account
    I meself can see Thassarian and Shandris cooperate while Kargath going nuts mode and ignore cooperation - after all most of the time when he fought as gadiator it were 1v1 fights. On team B I can see Liadrin and Nobundo team up pretty easy since they mirror characters in WoW and share the same fate. While Thaurissan going rampage mode.

Team b has the better support, 2 of three heroes are capable of healing wounds, not a single one in a can so I give this to b.

Deleted
    Heh, Lady Liadrin would try and kill Dargran first, because he's an evil Shadow-guy (sorry, wasn't being serious ^^)

In this case I would think Team A wins. Shandris is the best anyway (no, I have no actual in depth-lore-analysis to back that up ) and Kar'gath is strong as well. Thassarian is a strong asset, though probably more like 'mediocre' in the grand scheme of things.
    Team B has one strong guy, which in my view would be Nobundo and the other two more on the 'mediocre' page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrTraitor View Post
    This seems much more balanced than the last one! I think Kargath is at a certain advantage, having been forced to fight in arenas for much of his life (though I don't know if that is still his background in the MU).
    It is. Considering that Maraad speaks of Kargath how HE knew him, since he couldnt possibly know what happened on the AU. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Team b has the better support, 2 of three heroes are capable of healing wounds, not a single one in a can so I give this to b.
    Same here, i think that team B will have the upper hand in a long battle, unless Team A tries to quickly get one out, but i think is unlikely they will try to attack with more than once at a certain target.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

Murozond and Infinite Dragonflight were abducting Warcraft heroes from different places and times. They imprisoned them in a time limbo - place were heroes are forced to live the same day every day. The only way for heroes to leave this cursed place is participate in Arena. Those who defeat their opponents are allowed to leave, those who die are revived and held imprisoned until the next time. Aspect of Time forms the teams based on drawing lots so none of combatants can choose their partners. What team can cooperate better and defeat their opponents? What team will suffer lose and forced to continue their existence in limbo?

Team A

Team B

Much better job... ummm
    so death knight, preist/hunter and warrior
    two shaman and a paladin...
    Nobundo and Thaurissan are both very strong, as is liadrin, she weilds quel'dalar
    i would think team B
    Tharrisian would be the carrying factor in Team A, but two of the stronger shamans we know and one of the strongest paladin these days (with tirion dead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    B. This isn't even a contest.

B. Thassarian and Shandris are big names, but not particularly strong. Kargath has arena experience, so he's really the only superpower of A. But the leader of the Blood Knights? First Broken Shaman? "Most powerful servant" of Ragnaros? That's one hell of a team.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why everyone discard Thassarian and his Lurid? Corpse Shield is OP LMAO

Want to say A just for ma boi Kargath but B is much more versatile and is more likely to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

Team A

Team B

A very good match, @Highwhale.

Personally, I have no doubt that Team B would triumph. Nobundo is the greatest Draenei shaman and one of the greatest shamans in existence. Liadrin is a paladin powerhouse and Dagran is a strong sorcerer-thane. Nobundo and Liadrin can heal, in team A, you have no healers.

Deleted
    I think it might be appropriate to leave this here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuBmkVvUTQ

It's not possible anymore, but I always love things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I think it might be appropriate to leave this here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuBmkVvUTQ

It's not possible anymore, but I always love things like that.
    Thats awesome but I wonder how powerful Shandris is lorewise. As a boss they had to make her raid worthy ingame.

In Team A Kargath has the most arena experience but he is also just a rogue/warrior with no magic where as everyone else can use magic.
    Thassarian is a strong Death Knight but Liadrin is one of the more powerful Paladins and can probably take him out with the Light.
    Shandris is a wild card being both a ranger general and a Priestess of Elune.

In Team B Liadrin is probably the most battle hardened and experienced fighter of the three and as mentioned one of the more powerful Paladins.
    Nobundo is also one of the more powerful Shamans.
    Thaurissan would be the wild card here being a Sorcerer-Thane and empowered by Ragnaros.

I think Team B has it but it could go either way really, with those wild cards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresh64 View Post
    Thats awesome but I wonder how powerful Shandris is lorewise. As a boss they had to make her raid worthy ingame.

I do think she is very powerful, but I'm not sure about the actual scale of that. She's one of the earlier Sentinels, dating back to the time when they were still one and the same with the priesthood of Elune. She was one of those who chose the warrior route when they split up, but seems to have retained some of her original powers, only not trained in the same way that a pure priestess would be.
    But she was usually more described as being a good general, at least in the game, with a network of spies to boot and much of her power came from that. I don't think we've heard of any extraordinary wins from her on her own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While these threads are permitted, I'd like to keep them from proliferating into multiple threads across the subforum. So any change-up in roster, round #2-infinity, or so forth needs to stay consolidated in this thread and not in multiple other threads (with or without polls).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Kargath is r1 Glad. Liadrin et al. are stuck in the rat leagues in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going with team A. Kargath and Shandris are said to be phenomenal in battle. Thassarians got his DK powers and Lurid.