Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BFA number of raid tiers undecided

"The amount of raid tiers in this expansion is dependent on where the story in Battle for Azeroth goes."

The more I see this statement, the more worried I am getting for BFA.

Firstly, the playerbase has been very vocal about the amount of raid content per expansion especially after the 2 raid tier debacle in WoD. And now they can't assure us that we will be getting at least the standard 3 raid tiers in BFA?

Secondly, how in the world do they not know where the story in BFA is going by now? Are they only planning 1 patch at a time? They should definitely know where the story is headed in BFA and how many raid tiers it'll take to get that story across.

This is beginning to sound like the rhetoric of WoD where we were told the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    "The amount of raid tiers in this expansion is dependent on where the story in Battle for Azeroth goes."

Firstly, the playerbase has been very vocal about the amount of raid content per expansion especially after the 2 raid tier debacle in WoD. And now they can't assure us that we will be getting at least the standard 3 raid tiers in BFA?

Secondly, how in the world do they not know where the story in BFA is going by now? Are they only planning 1 patch at a time? They should definitely know where the story is headed in BFA and how many raid tiers it'll take to get that story across.

This is beginning to sound like the rhetoric of WoD where we were told the same thing.
    Firstly: Legion had plenty of raiding content. Using the expansion BEFORE Legion as your argument for being 'very vocal' is pretty dumb.

Second, you do not represent 'the playerbase'. Learn to express your concerns as exactly that: your concerns.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Jesus christ, you make the worst threads.

1) We got 3 tiers in Legion, no reason to use WoD as a precedent, especially since it's the exception to the norm.

2) Of course they know where the story is going, they're just being ambiguous so as to not spoil anything.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

1) We got 3 tiers in Legion, no reason to use WoD as a precedent, especially since it's the exception to the norm.

2) Of course they know where the story is going, they're just being ambiguous so as to not spoil anything.
    Didn't they come out and say really early on in development that Legion would have three tiers?

15+ Year Old Account
    To quote all the void elf haters, your argument sounds like a bit of an asspull mate.

I heard that statement too, once, today. I think it simply meant that Blizz didn't want to be locked down to a fixed number of raid tiers before the Xpac is even out.

Also, I agree that using WoD as an example is not the greatest for your argument. Legion happened.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

We are using WoD as precedent as that was the expansion where they were also undecided on the number of raid tiers, as opposed to Legion where we were told upfront that there would be 3 raid tiers. Why are they not able to provide us with the same assurance they did in Legion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Didn't they come out and say really early on in development that Legion would have three tiers?
    Go find out and link it. Otherwise this is just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Either they're saying this to keep the real number in the dark so we can't speculate too much about what comes after Azshara's raid; or they haven't decided on a potential inbetween raid to keep the gap between that and the final raid closed.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Dev-Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Can't find the exact interview, but all references to it being confirmed (forum threads, YouTube videos, etc) are from early June.

Edit: What styil said.

So, that's just a bit less than four months prior to Legion, which isn't far off where we are now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Much better, now your argument has a little substance.

It's still a terrible argument though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'm betting on the latter
    Ditto.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2018-04-13 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting three raid tiers like usual. We already know there will be two since they described Azshara as the Gul'dan of this expansion. The final will either be another Siege of Orgrimmar type deal or killing n'zoth. I'm betting on the latter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    So, that's just a bit less than four months prior to Legion, which isn't far off where we are now.
    As I have argued in the many other doom and gloom threads, lets just wait and see.

I'm not going to get myself all worked up based on one random comment. I mean if I did I'd also believe that the next allied race will definitely be Mogu!

Thats just sad blizzard.
    They never learn. Pathetic
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Can we put a limit on how many threads can Styil make? because they are all the same.

7+ Year Old Account

I think the answer is pretty much the same as saying "We don't want to say a specific number incase we decide to drop or add a raid later on, so lets just say some bullshit and next question".

Blizzard have without a doubt an estimate on how many raids they are going to make for BFA, especially when they plan as far as 2 expansions ahead. The question is merely if they find that BFA is doing really good or bad, or the development of the expansion of BFA is going too slow, they can add more raids as they come to them. Its like with Legion. They were originally not planning to have a middle raid between EN and NH, and they were also open to having a raid after Antorus, but things changes throughout an expansion process, that takes 2+ years to complete.

So, it is just bad word choice i think and not a sign of Blizzard not knowing what to do.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

"Undecided" is a really worrying answer here. I'm not expecting it to occur but when devs answer questions that should be very safe like this one with a vague answer I can't help but be skeptical. It leaves the door open open to cut and run if things go badly like Wod. That is not reassuring after how open they were for this for Legion. Even including ambiguity for spoilers and future planning this should have been a "at least 3" type response...

WoD was terribly received. Legion was received massively well. They aren't going with two tiers again. From other interviews, it's clear Blizz just wants to keep the options open because they are considering perhaps some smaller raids again like Onyxia or Trial of Valor, and don't have 100% certainty about if or how that would impact the tier schedule, if it happens at all. If internally their plans are still changeable, they are certainly not going to give us their plans. Not with their rabid "You promised us X!" fanbase.

No need to go all doomsayer about generic Blizzard vagueness. They want to have the freedom to change their outline. Sometimes that works out crap for us (WoD). Sometimes it gives us Trial of Valor. I see no indication it's going to be WoD all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and ppl often mistake raid tiers with the number of raids, as in wod had two tiers, but 3 raids, legion had 3 tiers but with 5 raids.

I believe BfA will follow the same pattern as legion, so far we have at least two raids confirmed. Uldir and Azshara one.

The number of posts you are going to make over the next week is unknown.

The more I see that statement, the more worried I getting about you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.