Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Bounties Are on PTR

Just saw the ptr patch notes and there are achievements for getting "bounties" in war mode. I was just talking about this feature and now, here we are, it's here, in real life.

I will update this post when they finish datamining. I just wanted to be the first to express my joy for one of the features I've been asking for forever.

Updates:

• It seems there is an "Assassin" title/ranking thingy for each faction. Are we going to be rewarded for senseless murder? YES PLEASE.

• World PvP is back baby! Check out this fine text right here:
    War Supplied - Loot 300 War Supply Chests from the Air Supply Drop Crates while within War Mode.

• Seems there's also an achievement for exploring BFA with a group. Sounds like an incentive to go all Fellowship of The Ring on this hizzle. I for one am ready to kill some stinking Orcs.

• Here the link to the my post just a couple days ago about how I thought a Bounty System might work. Dreams really do come true! (Post is the 5th one down):
    Last edited by Starry Sidekick; 2018-04-13 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty damn excited about this as well.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

honestly, might actually do war mode. if it has bg scaling, so i don't get shit on by mythic raiders.

Deleted
    Now WoW PvP just has to be enjoyable and we'll be set!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post
    (Fully Erect Right Now)
    Why are you standing up for this?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bounties & Supply Chests sound very interesting.

At least better then just a flat out pvp-flag with just extra WQ reward which would put people in pve-ignore-eachother-warmode.

I need Alpha access NOW :'(

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rewards for murdering the other faction? I can get behind that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Assassin rank is awarding titles.

I'm guessing that you get in 'Assassin mode' when doing bounties on players. Would make sense as the required amount of kills is 500 for the title Slayer of the Horde/Alliance. (Not that many if you think about it).

Bounties would be far more time consuming to complete (I imagine) than standard world PvP kills.

Edit: Data says while in 'War Mode'. Hmmmm
    Last edited by Tholl; 2018-04-13 at 07:38 PM.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Why are you standing up for this?
    I use my laptop standing in the kitchen.

It's a problem though. I enjoyed a peanut butter and fluff sandwich so much once I channeled Pinocchio down there for almost 3 hours.

Deleted
    I can smell Bounty Hunter/Assassin titles incomming

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Rather than being sequestered to less than half the game's servers, War mode is something that anyone on any server can opt into. This means Blizzard has some justification to spend a little time and effort on some new game mechanics. Hopefully Blizzard keeps coming up with new ideas to implement!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    That Assassin rank is awarding titles.

I'm guessing that you get in 'Assassin mode' when doing bounties on players. Would make sense as the required amount of kills is 500 for the title Slayer of the Horde/Alliance. (Not that many if you think about it).

Bounties would be far more time consuming to complete (I imagine) than standard world PvP kills.

Edit: Data says while in 'War Mode'. Hmmmm
    War Mode just seems to be ensuring that all PvP is between consenting adults. I don't see how it would sour the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of you are forgetting how ridiculously unbalanced world PvP is currently, in that it heavily favors certain bursty melee classes, tanks being literal gods among men, and disc priests being able to one shot anyone with a well timed lights wrath (last one won't be an issue, but you get the idea). I hope they put serious efforts into making world PvP actually fun, fair, and balanced before all this goes live...
    Last edited by Azarak; 2018-04-13 at 07:52 PM.

Just saw the ptr patch notes and there are achievements for getting "bounties" in war mode. I was just talking about this feature and now, here we are, it's here, in real life.

I will update this post when they finish datamining. I just wanted to be the first to express my joy for one of the features I've been asking for forever.

Updates:

• It seems there is an "Assassin" title/ranking thingy for each faction. Are we going to be rewarded for senseless murder? YES PLEASE.

• World PvP is back baby! Check out this fine text right here:
    War Supplied - Loot 300 War Supply Chests from the Air Supply Drop Crates while within War Mode.

• Seems there's also an achievement for exploring BFA with a group. Sounds like an incentive to go all Fellowship of The Ring on this hizzle. I for one am ready to kill some stinking Orcs.
    And the Orcs welcome your challenge, legs wide open, bring it boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    I think a lot of you are forgetting how ridiculously unbalanced world PvP is currently, in that it heavily favors certain bursty melee classes, tanks being literal gods among men, and dosc priesta being able to one shot anyone with a well timed lights wrath (last one won't be an issue, but you get the idea). I hope they put serious efforts into making world PvP actually fun fair and balanced before all this goes live...
    Yeah, I can see this being fairly lackluster unless they can fix that problem.

It's a really cool idea, but if it were implemented in Legion 90% of the bounties would just be for Blood DKs I feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    War Mode just seems to be ensuring that all PvP is between consenting adults. I don't see how it would sour the experience.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just trying to figure out the whole 'Assassin' thing with the needing to get 500 kills (Not that many) for the title. Wondering if Assassin is a rank WITHIN War Mode that maybe unlocks the ability to run bounty modes yourself? Would be cool to see a billboard in town set up like an AH. You can put up a player character name along with a gold amount. Others could read the names, choose what ones they want to run, then go hunting. If you kill the player you get the award instantly, or have to say 'loot a head' or something to prevent multiple people from cashing in on the same one. idk

I hope they put serious efforts into making world PvP actually fun fair and balanced before all this goes live...
    I have some bad news for you.

Please change title to "Bounties Are on Alpha (Fully Erect Right Now)"

PTR is still on 7.3.5 build 26365

You mean the beta for BfA

I think a lot of you are forgetting how ridiculously unbalanced world PvP is currently, in that it heavily favors certain bursty melee classes, tanks being literal gods among men, and disc priests being able to one shot anyone with a well timed lights wrath (last one won't be an issue, but you get the idea). I hope they put serious efforts into making world PvP actually fun, fair, and balanced before all this goes live...
    That is why you group up