Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    That's only a thing for one single, solitary spec and it can EASILY be fixed by making changes to that spec alone.

Are you trying to be obtuse? If so, you're doing a wonderfully splendid job.
    Ernm...how many specs do you play, bc i can think of few that work just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    Better hope you have a Resto Shaman in your raid now, because otherwise someone is going to have to lose out on DPS because apparently it's fun and engaging gameplay to add a button that one person presses once per fight to the GCD.
    Man I'm annoyed enough at my guild's mages who always fight as to who has to cast Time Warp so as not to their lose their ring buff, now it's going to be a thing in every raid, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    if this nonsensical change is ment to tone down on pvp burst, then it should only work during pvp combat (like pvp talents)

it have no place whatsoever in pve
    But it does, good sir...i don't see how you people don't get it.
    I feel like this is just like those people that wish they kept the old character models, i suppose if something stays a certain way for a while there will be resistence to change but none of you seem to even try to understand why that change is being made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    But it does, good sir...i don't see how you people don't get it.
    I feel like this is just like those people that wish they kept the old character models, i suppose if something stays a certain way for a while there will be resistence to change but none of you seem to even try to understand why that change is being made.
    I understand the change but I totally don't understand why they choose the worst possible way to do it...

This literally pushes you to choose as many passives from talent tree to reduce the gcd loss in those 6 sec duration windows

and the rest of the active talents have no reason to exist

As a shadow priest main, all my offensive, defensive, and movement abilities are already on the GCD and it plays fine. It really isn't the end of the world folks, it'll just take a bit to get used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could sort of see the justification in adding GCD to offensive cooldowns, even if I didn't like it and felt that they needed to really rework certain cooldowns if this is going to feel acceptable (particularly short duration ones).

But putting a GCD on movement abilities and, especially, on defensives like Light of the Protector? I can't defend that. It's dumb, really dumb. I hope this doesn't make it live.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I understand the change but I totally don't understand why they choose the worst possible way to do it...

This literally pushes you to choose as many passives from talent tree to reduce the gcd loss in those 6 sec duration windows

and the rest of the active talents have no reason to exist
    No one knows that yet, we need to see the numbers before saying passives will be better...but i honestly doubt that will be the case, i don't think they would push a change like this and let it happen, it remains to be seen but i imagine you will end up getting a marginal boost by using active abilities instead of passives but it will require better timing and skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    As a shadow priest main, all my offensive, defensive, and movement abilities are already on the GCD and it plays fine. It really isn't the end of the world folks, it'll just take a bit to get used to.
    Exactly!
    I feel like a lot of the complainers are very limited in what they play currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    I could sort of see the justification in adding GCD to offensive cooldowns, even if I didn't like it and felt that they needed to really rework certain cooldowns if this is going to feel acceptable (particularly short duration ones).

But putting a GCD on movement abilities and, especially, on defensives like Light of the Protector? I can't defend that. It's dumb, really dumb. I hope this doesn't make it live.
    I'd have understood had they decided to put offensive CDs on a 0.5 GCD so you couldn't macro them together/with something else anymore. Of course you could just make a cast sequence macro instead, but that's besides the point. It would still have been a lazy way to go on about it but it wouldn't have impacted gameplay too seriously.

Putting a 1.5s GCD on Light of the Protector and Heroic Leap? There is 0 good reason for this. At this point why not put a 3s GCD on interrupts, since apparently we need to ''predict'' stuff now.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna end up to be legionaries 2.0
    Obvious flawed system, blizz doubles down on it with only slight changes during the expansion and it will be reverted at the end

Those who think this change will not have a dramatic effect on game play are the kind of bad players that benefit from having everything slowed down. You guys think everyone is overreacting, but the truth is you are simply unable to comprehend what these changes actually mean for competent players.

You insult yourselves.

As a shadow priest main, all my offensive, defensive, and movement abilities are already on the GCD and it plays fine
    PI is on the GCD? surrender to madness is on the GCD?

yea I thought not...oh wait, in bfa they are

Imagine how much smoother the game would feel if you didn't have to waste a global on PW:S and Mindbender.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ''Guys I can't innervate
    Healers with no mana = dead DPS, which in turn = zero damage done. Or worse, dead tanks, which promptly escalate to dead DPS.

rallying cry/
    Because topping the DPS meters is more important than helping the raid (and yourself) survive that big AE that the boss is about to cast, amirite?

lust that lowers my DPS!!''.
    Because it's an indisputable fact that Bloodlust/Heroism actually lower your DPS, not increase it.

Stating that all classes should be made to function the way that a Shadow Priest plays is an entirely flawed and absurd argument.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World of Warcraft is quite literally the worst kind of game to play for competitive player vs. player combat. This is not in any way up for debate.

Making drastic changes to game play to solve the problems for one of the smallest groups in the player base is beyond asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Healers with no mana = dead DPS, which in turn = zero damage done. Or worse, dead tanks, which promptly escalate to dead DPS.

Because topping the DPS meters is more important than helping the raid (and yourself) survive that big AE that the boss is about to cast, amirite?

Because it's an indisputable fact that Bloodlust/Heroism actually lower your DPS, not increase it.
    I wasn't condoning these behaviors. I'm saying they will happen because of this change, and hell it's one of the reason these sort of abilities were off the GCD in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

In comparing the situations with and without the gcd it quite obviously feels worse than before, it's not some "engaging decision", it's an obvious one that reduces flexibility in how you use the abilities.

Exactly!
    I feel like a lot of the complainers are very limited in what they play currently...
    I'm really confused as to what you're insinuating. Because one spec is supposedly fine (debatable), it's then fine for every other class, many of which have a lot more cooldowns, to deal with it? Despite the fact that maybe one of the reasons people don't play it is because of how it feels?

They might as well fully ruin combat and put the GCD at the end of spellcasts as well. If this change makes it to open beta I'm refunding. Modern gameplay across any sort of action-based game is reasonably fast paced, it's interactive and it's engaging. Putting EVERYTHING on the GCD slows down combat at all stages, and while I can see some benefit to it, those benefits simply do not outweigh the vast majority of the negatives. Slowing down the player's interaction means NPCs have to be designed with that consideration in mind, and because they want to maintain PvE/PvP parity, PvP combat will be equally as slowed down.

It wont feel "Strategic" or "Tactical", it'll feel "Clumsy" and "Clunky". I can only hope they reconsider putting defensives on the GCD. The only thing I can think is that they're honestly considering moving to Console and trying to mirror FF14's slower paced gameplay.

Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    I'm really confused as to what you're insinuating. Because one spec is supposedly fine (debatable), it's then fine for every other class, many of which have a lot more cooldowns, to deal with it? Despite the fact that maybe one of the reasons people don't play it is because of how it feels?
    The people who go out of their way to insult "complainers", are the same people who go out of their way to insult people for failing to provide feedback. They are literally the most useless types of users that people have the misfortune of sharing these message boards with.
    Last edited by Renuts; 2018-04-13 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Garbage xpac confirmed. Luckily I have FF14, Gw2, and BDO to play instead.
    lol BDO, wow killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    When i saw they are adding GCD on defensive CDs, i could only think of this.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s