Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    They weren't used. No reports of Russia activating them or doing anything to stop the strikes.

Plenty of reports of Syrian air defenses being used.
    yet the russian defense minister vowed to shoot down our missiles. so what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of reports of Syrian air defenses being used.
    Syria claims it shot down 13 missiles. Considering the amount of firepower we likely used, I'm not sure that did all that much. And @Khaza-R is likely right about trying to OoM them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    yet the russian defense minister vowed to shoot down our missiles. so what happened?

An accurate description of what Russia did yes. When America, France and Britain told them to back the fuck down they did.

WW3 guys, remember we were supposed to get WW3.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yeah yeah, save your deflection bullshit for the regular crew. Regardless of what Obama was, Trump IS an idiot child.
    I'm just having fun with you. Will this attack make assad stop like the one's before it?

well, here we go, more money wasted on the lies of duplicitous trash.

the rebels are terrorists, lying and murderous dogs. we should join with assad to destroy them, if we do anything in syria at all.

An accurate description of what Russia did yes. When America, France and Britain told them to back the fuck down they did.

WW3 guys, remember we were supposed to get WW3.
    Of course this is a proxy war

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, here we go, more money wasted on the lies of duplicitous trash.

the rebels are terrorists, lying and murderous dogs. we should join with assad to destroy them, if we do anything in syria at all.
    Never going to happen. The U.S hate Assad.. he is an ally with Russia/Iran/Hezbollah.. Assad also despises Israel and would love to wipe it off the map.. The U.S wants a puppet leader they can control.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just having fun with you. Will this attack make assad stop like the one's before it?
    Like so much that goes on over there: who the fuck knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Never going to happen. The U.S hate Assad.. he is an ally with Russia/Iran/Hezbollah.. Assad also despises Israel and would love to wipe it off the map.. The U.S wants a puppet leader they can control.
    That'd be nice but having somebody more friendly towards our interests and our regional partners would work too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of want to See @Skroe 's response to Russia's reaction.

Nevermind he's banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Like so much that goes on over there: who the fuck knows.
    A big chess game goes on with many pieces. We've leveled all kinds of assets off and on for like 7 years now? He still finds more chemicals. I don't think Assad really cares because he's not going anywhere. It's good we respond after he does these attacks. So he can't do them more often. Syria is like 8 separate proxy wars wanting a piece of the outcome.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-04-14 at 02:27 AM.

Yep. We've basically communicated that he can stay if he behaves. He thought the Russians had his back and made some bad choices. I would imagine he got an earful from Putin on being an idiot. First one was a slap on the wrist. This one's a full blown spanking. Next one will likely be his removal. Now he knows the red line is real.

Yes. More than ever people should be aware this is the "goal" with the Middle East.

Its distubring that Islamist groups, Saudia Arabia and Israel all chant the same mantra in 2018. Death to the Shia and push the Christians to Lebanon. Is this something the US is really willing to sacrifice lives over?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I kind of want to See @Skroe 's response to Russia's reaction.
    Kind of a shame that one of the few people who post in a meaningful way on this site gets infracted/banned while several people regularly post one line bait responses over and over without any repercussions.

Well it was to be expected. Certainly Assad had this coming though its not yet clear what the scope of the strike is. I suppose we'll find out in a few hours what the damage is and what Russia's protection is worth.

the funny thing is, it has never worked.

every single leader we've overthrown in the middle east has NEVER turned out well for us. it does nothing but regress modernizing societies, and spread terrorism and death.

i wish i could attain some form of godhood for just a few minutes. i'd destroy this whole world. it doesn't deserve to exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    A big chess game goes on with many pieces. We've leveled all kinds of assets off and on for like 7 years now? He still finds more chemicals. I don't think Assad really cares because he's not going anywhere. It's good we respond after he does these attacks. So he can't do them more often. Syria is like 8 separate proxy wars wanting a piece of the outcome.
    Yep, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes. More than ever people should be aware this is the "goal" with the Middle East.

Its distubring that Islamist groups, Saudia Arabia and Israel all chant the same mantra in 2018. Death to the Shia and push the Christians to Lebanon. Is this something the US is really willing to sacrifice lives over?
    The different salafi groups want an outcome and influence so they are one of the groups fighting and the reason we are there primarily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because Russia has no legitimate media anymore? They have state run media, and journalists that are afraid of stepping out of line because they will be assassinated if they do.
    this is absolutely disgusting to say, Russian journalists are among the bravest in the world for continuting to operate in the conditions they do.

Residential areas hit in this strike. But I guess they are the right type for some of you.

Is Trump acting Presidential enough for you now? Is he anti-russian enough?

Lets hope Putin is more sober than the US President.

Fuck War.

From Russian Ambassador to USA.

Whats he mean "A Pre-designed Scenario is being implemented" ?

Last edited by Blobfish; 2018-04-14 at 02:53 AM.