Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    I've missed the old days where you had to predict a time for needing to land an interrupt, instead of just smashing away at your DPS bindings and then hitting interrupt when the bar shows up. I think it has been way too long without the GCD though, and people are probably way too used to being able to just button smash already. I think it's an improvement to mostly PvP, because being able to use like 4 DPS CDs in an instant while buttonsmashing allowed for some really dumb and insane moments where you could barely react. Especially stuff like fury warriors or rogues using everything at once, cds, smokebomb, cloak etc.

Overall this will seperate good players from bad big time. I understand the frustration of having to wait 5 seconds to DPS because you are popping like 4 DPS CDs though.

Maybe this GCD thing will help situations where DHs pop everything and do 500 million DPS on a trash pack in mythic+, meanwhile the Shadow priest has managed to cast 1 SW: P.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    The people that are defending this change are probably keyboardturning clickers anyway. Nothing changes much for them.
    Yeah, it's impossible to imagine a world where everyone doesn't enjoy going at sonic speed /s
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2018-04-14 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Yes...pressing that 5 skill macro is a lot more engaging!
    This exactly 10/10 agree with this guy.. i have multiple friends who have completed mage tower challenges using 1 button macros.. I mean im not happy or sad about this change.. but macros that make you hit just 1-3 buttons dont make combat fun.. i still remeberr stopping dps cause Halfus cast was gonna go through any moment.. and as much as i hated it, I loved having to watch shit other than just run out of fire dont get hit by a boulder.. like say whatever.. sometimes watching timers and not just ahving ur RL call it out does make combat engaging imo..

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Looks like they're also adding GCD to defensive cooldowns...
    So much for "counter-play opportunities."

kek
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    This exactly 10/10 agree with this guy.. i have multiple friends who have completed mage tower challenges using 1 button macros.. I mean im not happy or sad about this change.. but macros that make you hit just 1-3 buttons dont make combat fun.. i still remeberr stopping dps cause Halfus cast was gonna go through any moment.. and as much as i hated it, I loved having to watch shit other than just run out of fire dont get hit by a boulder.. like say whatever.. sometimes watching timers and not just ahving ur RL call it out does make combat engaging imo..
    This is not a compelling argument, because 1 button macros will exist with or without these changes. They'll just be spammed over a longer period of time, much to the same effect - except happening over a longer period of time.

The arguments that are suggesting that this change actually makes combat more interesting and more skill based are truly absurd. Macros will always exist, period. The so called "one shot macros" that so many people are vehemently outraged over, are a non-issue in game for all but the tiny percentage of time that players spend in actual instanced PvP combat. The arguments you guys make do not justify changing things so drastically for such a small part of the player base.

I'd give credit to the people who support this if you guys actually had an argument with substance. However, you simply do not.

I feel like this is just like the camerar change in Legion Beta, they did just call this an "experiment" after all. Pretty sure they're not gonna go through with it considring the backlash they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Due to the way WoW damage functions, popping all of your cooldowns is often the most beneficial due to scaling issues inherently within the game, unless the fight has set timings to push damage on.
    This does not mean that it's a good idea for Blizzard to wreck how gameplay feels due to them being unable to fix their balancing issues.
    Again, there is nothing inherently fun, interesting or engaging in popping two, three, or even four offensive buffs at the same time. Might as well just roll them all up into one single buff, then.

I mean shit, might aswell remove all offensive cooldowns at that point, would make the classes feel more fluid which is fucking depressing to consider.
    You complain of my use of hyperbole... then go around using one, yourself? There's a name for that...

BFA may actually be worse than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    The people that are defending this change are probably keyboardturning clickers anyway. Nothing changes much for them.
    Not even clickers can defend putting mobility and defensives on GCDs...it is mind boggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Anyone who supports symbols of death on thE gcd actually has significantly under average iq

No I’m not apologizing
    Haha.

Tells us how you really fell.

In all seriousness it is clear that they are mailing it in with class design for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    Those who think this change will not have a dramatic effect on game play are the kind of bad players that benefit from having everything slowed down. You guys think everyone is overreacting, but the truth is you are simply unable to comprehend what these changes actually mean for competent players.

You insult yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    The people who go out of their way to insult "complainers", are the same people who go out of their way to insult people for failing to provide feedback. They are literally the most useless types of users that people have the misfortune of sharing these message boards with.
    I wonder for your opinion on people who complain about the people who complain about complainers.

btw I fully embrace these changes, guess I'm not competent enough to comprehend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    How big of an brainlet do you have to be to think it's a big decision deciding which one out of 10 buttons to press.
    Not like it actually matters what cooldowns you press anyways, you will still press them all, it's just going to be way fucking slower and slow down your gameplay entirely.

Blizzard might actually just be a bunch of fucking retards.
    It actually makes a huge difference in which order you press the CD's in BfA. More so if you have multiple CD's to use.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    I wonder for your opinion on people who complain about the people who complain about complainers.

btw I fully embrace these changes, guess I'm not competent enough to comprehend.
    While I dont think it's nearly as bad as people on here makes it sound like, I still think Blizz needs to take a look at melee classes with multiple cd's. I dont really have a solurion in mind but right now fx. Fury doesn't feel very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    First GCD change for burst CDs made some sense, at least for PvP. It gave a little time to react to the burst CD and prepare for incoming CC. Putting mobility and defensives on the GCD... I don't see a good reason. That slows down the game to a crawl. Are they trying to emulate vanilla/tbc? Or maybe they wanted to make button pressing amputee-accessible.
    Same logic applies for offensive and defensive buttons now - both offensive and defensive player has to think about GCD. It will slow down the game but at least in a fair way. Let's see if we can get past clunkiness - if yes, this change could be actually good.

Let's see

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    While I dont think it's nearly as bad as people on here makes it sound like, I still think Blizz needs to take a look at melee classes with multiple cd's. I dont really have a solurion in mind but right now fx. Fury doesn't feel very fun.
    Fury is the greatest outlier due to how strong Recklessness is, specially when CD stacked with the multiple CD's you can get from talent tree. Blizz can just play around with numbers so that

1) You don't want to take all the CD's from your tree 24/7 (taking bloodbath because you need a CD every 30 second)

2) Change a CD's a bit so that you don't want to press them in a row (make Avatar effect increase over time)

or any other way to get people away from pressing multiple non-damaging abilities in a row.

I do hope this thread gets better and less of people going. "I don't like this and everyone who disagrees with me is a retard"

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    It actually makes a huge difference in which order you press the CD's in BfA. More so if you have multiple CD's to use.
    This is pretty redundant since so few people have multiple at this point. But mostly for healers this already happens on live, situation depending, this just moves it from also thinking about the ability you're using each with to only caring about the cd order.

And this begs the question, does it feel exciting to press the cooldown itself? or the ability right after? I know my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    This is pretty redundant since so few people have multiple at this point. But mostly for healers this already happens on live, situation depending, this just moves it from also thinking about the ability you're using each with to only caring about the cd order.

And this begs the question, does it feel exciting to press the cooldown itself? or the ability right after? I know my answer.
    So then his post didn't have a point to begin with.

As for the question, depends on the cooldown. If the cooldown buffs you for a duration then I'd say its exciting to press the CD. If the CD just buffs a certain ability then its just the ability. That is my answer.

Deleted
    I'm astonished of how polarized the forum community is. It's either Haters or blizz apologists. As far as this change comes into play it's an old blizz develop cycle:

1) they have a decent system that needs tweaks
    2) they change it drastically to solve the problems creating even more problems in the process
    3) people eventually get used to it and ask for a little change or tweak
    4) back to 1

They have done it with almost every aspect of the game scrambling to solve issue that they made. I think they are the best example of fast response dev team that has no clue about the long run impact of the changes they make to the game.

ITT: swifty-macro mongocleavers complaining that they will actually have to anticipate boss abilities now instead of tunnel visioning 24/7.

This is just beyond stupid. You also wonder what they mea with feedback when there litterally not a singel positive post about these chnages yet they keep adding them anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    ITT: swifty-macro mongocleavers complaining that they will actually have to anticipate boss abilities now instead of tunnel visioning 24/7.
    Embarassing argument. I think most of the complaints comes from people who dont even do that high end content that requires "anticipation". The feel of clunkyness it's completely indipendent from the actual content that you are in. Besides it was a nice change when they removed GCD on many usefull spells and made the combat "Feel" faster. No one asked for this, and it would not solve the issues it means to. I dont care much but still it's mind numbing how this unnecessary changes have made it to live again and again with no reason to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This is just beyond stupid. You also wonder what they mea with feedback when there litterally not a singel positive post about these chnages yet they keep adding them anyway.
    It is to show that they "communicate". When communication is one way they can claim to have the higher ground as they retreat to their ivory towers aka twitter haha.

Only thing you can do is grab some popcorn and watch the trainwreck unfold. There is a chance that the recent GCD changes are reverted but with little communication who knows at this point lol.

"Guys, I got some bad news. They just added more abilities to the global cooldown."

How can you do this to Swifty Blizzard? HOW!