Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    San Francisco is the most outrageously overpriced place on Earth. People complain about London and New York, but really the scam is largest in SF.

We lived just outside of SF for a little while but part of that living arrangement was paid for by my husband's employer. It was a modest single family home. Had they not chipped in, we would have been living in a fucking one bedroom apartment about 30+ minutes away from city center.

And yes, the homelessness in SF was overwhelming when we were there. Easy to understand why considering the high cost of everything from rent to milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    San Francisco is the most outrageously overpriced place on Earth. People complain about London and New York, but really the scam is largest in SF.

We lived just outside of SF for a little while but part of that living arrangement was paid for by my husband's employer. It was a modest single family home. Had they not chipped in, we would have been living in a fucking one bedroom apartment about 30+ minutes away from city center.

And yes, the homelessness in SF was overwhelming when we were there. Easy to understand why considering the high cost of everything from rent to milk.
    I'm extremely skeptical of any material connection between cost of living and homelessness. Most of the indigent population does not consist of people that make $30K/year and just can't swing the cost of an apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm extremely skeptical of any material connection between cost of living and homelessness. Most of the indigent population does not consist of people that make $30K/year and just can't swing the cost of an apartment...
    I have a hard time believing anyone with a minimum wage job can make it on their own in SF itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yeah, GOP controlled cities are just lawless, amirite? They have WAY more unpunished crime that Liberal cities, right? /endsarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

No, they aren't going to start doing anything of the sort, in this Liberal shit hole. But I guarantee you they have laws on the books to address this, as all municipalities have vagrancy and trespassing laws. Liberals only enforce the laws they agree with, rather than attempt to get them repealed. This shows a lack of moral character. For example, not one Democrat in Washington has called for the immigration laws to be completely repealed, yet they want them to be ignored. They don't have the courage to say what they really want. SAD!
    Are you including, the shining beacon of anti-liberal and paragon of rightness, Texas under “Liberal Shit Hole?” After all ….....

Maybe it is better if we see what they do with the homeless in Texas.

Ever hear of Austin's Gutter Punks? What is wrong with the Austin's police. Why are they not rounding up and arresting these kids? Oh well, this is Autin after all, the Liberal Shit Hole of Texas.

I am sure the police in Dallas do a better job of coping with the homeless. Why is homelessness up 9% from 2017? They are providing shelter? They are not arresting the ones on the street? What is wrong with this City.

Maybe we should go a smaller City like Waco with a population of 125,000. With a tough name like Waco, I am sure they know how to handle those homeless vagrants. You kidding me, Waco has more than 30% poverty rate? And 90% of their district’s 15,000 school kids are on free lunch? They are also trying to help the homeless instead of putting them in jails.

What is wrong with these people? They should round up all the homeless and put them in City/County jails. Actually, from a homeless person perspective, that may not be a bad deal. Free warm comfortable beds and meals. Wonder which one is better, Texas jail food or Panera bread scrounged from the dumpster?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have a hard time believing anyone with a minimum wage job can make it on their own in SF itself.
    Most people in that salary range end up living way in the boonies or getting several roommates to have a place to live.

I couldn't imagine living NEAR this. This is what extreme leftism leads to, among other horrible things.
    That's centrism. Leftism would build them homes. Or seize empty homes for housing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Rightism would arrest them for vagrancy and trespassing. You know, enforce the existing laws.
    So...what's the end game here? Keep punishing the economically disadvantaged and steal their labor until they stop being poor somehow? How does this solve homelessness?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Rightism would arrest them for vagrancy and trespassing. You know, enforce the existing laws.
    What exactly does that accomplish. Okay lock up the homeless and pay for them to be in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    woo let's round up the poor people! your like that judge in futurama at bender's trial that made being homeless a crime and subsequently filled up all the prisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    healthcare doesn't do much when the mentally ill don't use it.
    using this logic we should get rid of helmets because not everyone uses them.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-04-16 at 04:39 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    woo let's round up the poor people! your like that judge in futurama at bender's trial that made being homeless a crime and subsequently filled up all the prisons.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the world are you talking about? No where did I say or even apply that we should get is of our health care. Many of the homeless in Canada don’t use free programs as they are not in a sound state of mind and don’t think they need it. I have personally met a homeless woman when giving out care packages who refused to take one because she thought she owned every timhortons and was just waiting for a her lawyers to get her her money from them. No amount of free health care was going to get her to use it and we don’t have people snatch the homeless off the streets and force them into care.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you advocating for all trespassing laws to be repealed? They don't have to go home, but they can't stay here. Can I camp out in YOUR yard? Does that seem fair, in a civilized society, to allow trespassing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    What exactly does that accomplish. Okay lock up the homeless and pay for them to be in prison?
    What is accomplished is the removal of trespassers from a space. Every city has these laws, in every nation, in every part of the world. Denial of basic laws of human civilization is an odd stance to take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    That's centrism. Leftism would build them homes. Or seize empty homes for housing them.

- - - Updated - - -

So...what's the end game here? Keep punishing the economically disadvantaged and steal their labor until they stop being poor somehow? How does this solve homelessness?
    They are committing crimes. The end goal is to enforce existing laws. They should not be permitted to trespass. Are you saying you would let them set up a tent city on your lawn? I sort of doubt you would.

The homeless are not extreme examples of poverty. We have assistance programs to provide housing. Homeless people are generally insane, or have severe substance abuse problems. It's not a poverty thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Are you including, the shining beacon of anti-liberal and paragon of rightness, Texas under “Liberal Shit Hole?” After all ….....

Maybe it is better if we see what they do with the homeless in Texas.

Ever hear of Austin's Gutter Punks? What is wrong with the Austin's police. Why are they not rounding up and arresting these kids? Oh well, this is Autin after all, the Liberal Shit Hole of Texas.

I am sure the police in Dallas do a better job of coping with the homeless. Why is homelessness up 9% from 2017? They are providing shelter? They are not arresting the ones on the street? What is wrong with this City.

Maybe we should go a smaller City like Waco with a population of 125,000. With a tough name like Waco, I am sure they know how to handle those homeless vagrants. You kidding me, Waco has more than 30% poverty rate? And 90% of their district’s 15,000 school kids are on free lunch? They are also trying to help the homeless instead of putting them in jails.

What is wrong with these people? They should round up all the homeless and put them in City/County jails. Actually, from a homeless person perspective, that may not be a bad deal. Free warm comfortable beds and meals. Wonder which one is better, Texas jail food or Panera bread scrounged from the dumpster?
    Equating poverty to homelessness is pretty hilarious. We have programs to provide everything they need. They choose this way of life. (mostly because they are nuts)

Also, I like how you chose Austin, which is a city whose politics are to the left of San Fransicko.

They are committing crimes. The end goal is to enforce existing laws. They should not be permitted to trespass.
    Ah, so you're only interested in protecting the assets of the rich. Not actually solving problems.

Are you saying you would let them set up a tent city on your lawn? I sort of doubt you would.
    I don't have a lawn.

The homeless are not extreme examples of poverty. We have assistance programs to provide housing. Homeless people are generally insane, or have severe substance abuse problems. It's not a poverty thing.
    Yeah, turns out bread crumbs aren't a good form of sustenance.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Are you advocating for all trespassing laws to be repealed? They don't have to go home, but they can't stay here. Can I camp out in YOUR yard? Does that seem fair, in a civilized society, to allow trespassing?

- - - Updated - - -

What is accomplished is the removal of trespassers from a space. Every city has these laws, in every nation, in every part of the world. Denial of basic laws of human civilization is an odd stance to take.

- - - Updated - - -

They are committing crimes. The end goal is to enforce existing laws. They should not be permitted to trespass. Are you saying you would let them set up a tent city on your lawn? I sort of doubt you would.

- - - Updated - - -

Equating poverty to homelessness is pretty hilarious. We have programs to provide everything they need. They choose this way of life. (mostly because they are nuts)

Also, I like how you chose Austin, which is a city whose politics are to the left of San Fransicko.
    So the capital of Texas is left of San Francisco. The liberal infiltration into the State of Texas is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I know this is sarcasm; but doesn't Canada actually have income requirements in order to emigrate there?
    Yea they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    So the capital of Texas is left of San Francisco. The liberal infiltration into the State of Texas is going well.
    Amazing what happens when you refuse to enforce illegal immigration, in any meaningful way, then have one party handing out checks at the border.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Ah, so you're only interested in protecting the assets of the rich. Not actually solving problems.

I don't have a lawn.

Yeah, turns out bread crumbs aren't a good form of sustenance.
    Protecting property rights is a fundamental role of government. Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean it's ok to trespass on their property. Anyone who thinks it is ok, is severely lacking in either maturity, or moral character.

Food stamps are not bread crumbs. They provide more than enough to eat well. Educate yourself about the social service programs before making yourself look foolish.

Amazing what happens when you refuse to enforce illegal immigration, in any meaningful way, then have one party handing out checks at the border.

- - - Updated - - -

Protecting property rights is a fundamental role of government. Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean it's ok to trespass on their property. Anyone who thinks it is ok, is severely lacking in either maturity, or moral character.

Food stamps are not bread crumbs. They provide more than enough to eat well. Educate yourself about the social service programs before making yourself look foolish.
    That is such a non-sequitur answer. Are you saying that Austin is overrun by illegal immigrants?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because it's a choice.
    Oh yeah, its a choice?

Who knew it was so easy! Video and Paris, you both just stopped world hunger and poverty with your wisdom.