Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ret Alpha: What feels good

So far my experience with the Alpha I can say there right now is one talent combo that feels actually good to me for rotation/damage dealing at basic gear.

-Zeal
    -Blade of Wrath
    -Fist of Justice
    -Wake of Ashes
    -Unbreakable Spirit
    -Selfless Healer
    -Inquisition

Other fun options
    -Righteous Verdict + Divine Purpose

Right now though I can say that Hammer of Wrath (Same goes for Shadow Priest's Death spell) needs to be baseline, this should not be a talent.

This goes w/o saying about issues with Divine Steed and everything else people tend to bring up. However I just like the synergy behind Zeal, BoW and Inq right now.
    Last edited by Ulthane; 2018-04-12 at 09:27 PM.

My nipples explode with delight each time I lay my gaze upon this new very balanced FoJ because obviously FoJ required more balancing to be more balanced.

This goes w/o saying about issues with gcd, sodomized and mistreated utility(what was left of it anyway), DerpSteed, logically logical HoF balance(it's not a nerf you whiners!), and totally balanced wings with this balanceed fix of bonus damage/healing.
    What makes wings better than Avatar at this point I can not fully grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and Retribution passive.
    The highest heights of exctasy are ours to claim with this passive.
    why not rename the spec into "Passive Retribution" .
    That would be glorius.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2018-04-13 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Troyboi_-_X2C

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    My nipples explode with delight each time I lay my gaze upon this new very balanced FoJ because obviously FoJ required more balancing to be more balanced.

This goes w/o saying about issues with gcd, sodomized and mistreated utility(what was left of it anyway), DerpSteed, logically logical HoF balance(it's not a nerf you whiners!), and totally balanced wings with this balanceed fix of bonus damage/healing.
    What makes wings better than Avatar at this point I can not fully grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and Retribution passive.
    The highest heigths of exctasy are ours to claim with this passive.
    why not rename the spec into "Passive Retribution" .
    That would be glorius.
    All you pretty much said goes without saying, i guess with all the bleh things right now that is there for the moment this is actually what feels the most fun (at least for myself personally).

It all boils down to the synergy I find with the talents right now and how things can be sorta mix and matched for what you wanna do.

@Ulthane Yeah the Zeal/BoW combo feels too good not to use, at least during questing. I actually prefer Word of Glory, it heals for a ton in those "Oh crap" situations, which one frequently finds themselves in when taking on more than 3 mobs in the Alpha.

I utterly dislike Inquisition, despite the useful bonuses it provides, as I find maintenance buffs annoying, especially using the default UI. The buff drops off for me and I don't even realize it most of the time. Once I can make a WeakAura for it to my liking, I may change my mind.

Hammer of Wrath doesn't feel great right now, despite everyone being hyped on such an iconic spell having been brought back.

The situational benefits of the new talents might be neat if we could respec freely all the time, but nope.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2018-04-13 at 02:07 PM.

@Gloriandus

I can see why some people dont like Inq. I personally am okay with it because right now its providing both flat dmg and haste and syncs well with the zeal + bow combo. You get 3.5ppm regardless but i tend to find the more artificial haste increases these procs and thus more holy power for finishers. Damage is consistent.

Its a nice deviation from crusade honestly. The main issue regardless is the cd on crusader strike and how being a talent. Those two being altered would bring up other talent combos in the sense of they wont feel as clunky.

Only Haste will increase RPPM of BoW. Zeal does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Holysack View Post
    Only Haste will increase RPPM of BoW. Zeal does not.
    Only except its based on auto attacks and zeal provides more auto attacks. Was noticing more than 3 procs per minute with this vs other talent combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Only except its based on auto attacks and zeal provides more auto attacks. Was noticing more than 3 procs per minute with this vs other talent combos.
    In BfA BoW is 3.5 RPPM times whatever amount of haste you have. If you had 15% haste it would be 3.5*1.15= 4 RPPM. More auto attacks does nothing for RPPM. It is based off of Haste rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Holysack View Post
    In BfA BoW is 3.5 RPPM times whatever amount of haste you have. If you had 15% haste it would be 3.5*1.15= 4 RPPM. More auto attacks does nothing for RPPM. It is based off of Haste rating.
    Im aware of that, all im saying is that im noticing more procs beyond that. You get those procs regardless but im noticing more beyond that at times.

With Zeal ill notice more

Without Zeal i wont notice as much.

I guess im saying there is the RPPM and Zeal is affecting chance after the RPPM if im wordinf this right.

Deleted
    Im aware of that, all im saying is that im noticing more procs beyond that. You get those procs regardless but im noticing more beyond that at times.

I guess im saying there is the RPPM and Zeal is affecting chance after the RPPM if im wordinf this right.
    do logs work for alpha since in that case it should be testable

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    do logs work for alpha since in that case it should be testable
    If they do I am not aware. It is just something I am noticing by basically counting procs as time goes on. Its not the most reliable I will admit but I for sure notice a difference in terms of downtime and feel.

Basically at first the RPPM happens at a higher proc chance first. So you get your 3 - 4 from that. However after that the proc chance is low but more auto attacks can fish for them. Haste increases the probability via RPPM however auto attack speed gives more fish chances before and after RPPM ticks.

Logs do work. Zeal does not increase the chance. Any instances you notice that you "feel" more procs is either good RNG which can happen with any talent choice or is just an unsubstantiated claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    My nipples explode
    Im afraid this is a good reason to visit a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    Im afraid this is a good reason to visit a doctor
    How do I Monty Python reference.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2018-04-15 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Tristam_-_The Vine

They're making it a fairly easy decision not to renew my sub as far as I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a moot point regardless since Zeal's the best DPS increase on that row for the most part. People on the discord are reporting the holy damage Zeal does as scaling with mastery. That might be subject to change but right now you're losing DPS if you don't pick Zeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

This is what I am currently using in Alpha and it feels smooth and clean...I cannot wait to see what it feels liek with more haste and mastery with some ver and crit at decent number of those stats to see what type of damage we will put out

So far my experience with the Alpha I can say there right now is one talent combo that feels actually good to me for rotation/damage dealing at basic gear.

-Zeal
    -Blade of Wrath
    -Fist of Justice
    -Wake of Ashes
    -Unbreakable Spirit
    -Selfless Healer
    -Inquisition

Other fun options
    -Righteous Verdict + Divine Purpose

Right now though I can say that Hammer of Wrath (Same goes for Shadow Priest's Death spell) needs to be baseline, this should not be a talent.

This goes w/o saying about issues with Divine Steed and everything else people tend to bring up. However I just like the synergy behind Zeal, BoW and Inq right now.
    Thats the build I'll be going for minus Inquisition I'd take Divine Purpose any day over that turd of a talent. Never liked it and NEVER will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Thats the build I'll be going for minus Inquisition I'd take Divine Purpose any day over that turd of a talent. Never liked it and NEVER will.
    I frequently forget to refresh it and most of the time its impact to me isn't felt to the point where I realize it's not active.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I frequently forget to refresh it and most of the time its impact to me isn't felt to the point where I realize it's not active.
    Personally , I always have it on.