Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sean Hannity is Michael Cohen's mystery client

You couldn't write a better story

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/trum...off-looms.html

The revelation came after U.S. District Court judge Kimba Wood ordered Cohen to disclose the name in a court hearing on Monday.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2018-04-16 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol. What a surprise
    The best part about it is Hannity's railing against the raid while keeping this secret. Nothing like a good ole' conflict with a bastion of journalism

I'll be honest, I'm enjoying the shit out of all of this. Now I'm looking forward to any possible corruption or collusion that Hannity has been participating in.... or maybe it's just the settling of yet another sexual harassment lawsuit.

look at that, the loudest Trump cuckold may be tied into all of this. considering how close Trump is with Fox news I can only hope this come back to haunt them even more.

/pisses on Rodger Ailes grave

Hmmm I wonder if Roger Ailes was a client too actually. Since he has passed away he is answering the question truthfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm enjoying the shit out of all of this. Now I'm looking forward to any possible corruption or collusion that Hannity has been participating in.... or maybe it's just the settling of yet another sexual harassment lawsuit.
    I doubt Hannity is involed in anything like sexual harassment etc. From all reports he is pretty decent to his fellow employee's who are female. It's more likely related to information being passed etc which is why he was so panicked in the past when it came out about wiretapping. That is why the taint team exists though. Sort out which business is unrelated to Cohen and possible laws being broken by Cohen.

Am I missing something ? Is this not covered by attorney- client privilege confidentiality?

I must also be out of the loop on why it’s a big deal that a lawyer represented someone with legal counsel.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Am I missing something ? Is this not covered by attorney- client privilege confidentiality?

I must also be out of the loop on why it’s a big deal that a lawyer represented someone with legal counsel.
    Yeah, you've a fair bit of reading to do.

Cohen is starting to look like a "fixer". He pays off people, launders money, and covers up crimes. Think of Breaking Bad lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Privilege can't protect illegal behavior or plotting to commit a crime, I believe. The feds provided a judge with compelling enough evidence to allow a raid. So take that how you like.

Cohen isn't so much a lawyer as he is a fixer. When someone like Trump fucks up he gets Cohen to pay people off and make threats. The lawyer thing is there just to help hide illegal behavior with privilege.

For him to have helped Hannity probably means Hannity either did something illegal on his own or did something illegal with Trump that Cohen had to help cover or coordinate.

Privilege was waived for Cohen, which is usually used when the lawyer himself is the target of a criminal investigation for his involvement.

Hannity likely has very little to do with all of this, but his close association with Trump may mean his actions will fall under greater scrutiny.

I'm guessing that since Trump and Elliott Broidy have both been clients of Cohen and are wrapped up in their own scandals that people are speculating that Hannity could be as well.

And now Hannity is claiming that Cohen never represented him, but that Cohen did apparently work for free for Hannity a few times. So now either Cohen lied under oath about Hannity being his client....or Hannity realizes that he's screwed if he's associated with Cohen

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this, at least the amount of it that we know of so far, as being terribly significant in any way. Hannity is completely correct to be worried that even if he has done absolutely nothing wrong, guilt by association could bite him in the ass. And most people who have a lawyer as a friend will casually ask them for opinions on legal matters, very different than actually retaining and employing legal council.

That being said, if he hasn't employed Cohen, than no discussion between the two could possibly be considered privileged. I would be extremely surprised to see this going in a direction where Hannity gets charged with anything, it's not like (to the best of my knowledge) the guy has been involved in the kind of deals that we're interested in as possibly criminal in nature.

Well thankfully our President doesn't receive oral sex while in office while lying to our faces on TV about it, is life long friends with a terrorist that blew up a post office or is a candidate that paid a company to create a hit piece dossier that is the basis for illegal FISA warrants. If that was the case, the media would be all over it....Oh wait, I forgot we like to only view things from one side of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Well thankfully our President doesn't receive oral sex while in office while lying to our faces on TV about it, is life long friends with a terrorist that blew up a post office or is a candidate that paid a company to create a hit piece dossier that is the basis for illegal FISA warrants. If that was the case, the media would be all over it....Oh wait, I forgot we like to only view things from one side of the coin.
    All of those things have been widely reported, even if you are mentioning things that aren't exactly true.

What were the illegal FISA warrants you speak of?

Oh, there's also this:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...th-terrorists/

As for Bill Clinton getting a blow job in the Oval office. Let's not forget, he did much worse. Then again, so did Trump. Trump is a less-moral-less-conservative version of Bill Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All of those things have been widely reported, even if you are mentioning things that aren't exactly true.

What were the illegal FISA warrants you speak of?

Oh, there's also this:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...th-terrorists/

As for Bill Clinton getting a blow job in the Oval office. Let's not forget, he did much worse. Then again, so did Trump. Trump is a less-moral-less-conservative version of Bill Clinton.
    Linking a CNN fact checker is pretty bold, even for you, lol. I am not in the mood for a long debate, just pointing out that finding a president/candidate without some shoddy history is sadly becoming a rarity.

I suspect that they are laying the early groundwork for some sort of narrative to smear Hannity. They do this by putting out stories that basically have no meaningful information outside of a single point they need to make in order to construct the greater narrative.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    That being said, if he hasn't employed Cohen, than no discussion between the two could possibly be considered privileged. I would be extremely surprised to see this going in a direction where Hannity gets charged with anything, it's not like (to the best of my knowledge) the guy has been involved in the kind of deals that we're interested in as possibly criminal in nature.
    Complete supposition, so realize this is me spit-balling... I don't actually expect this to happen, but if I had to come up with something:

Has hannity interviewed the president? If so, it could be deemed "something of value" to hannity. If he was trading favorable news coverage, which is essentially campaign advertising, in exchange for interviews with the now president, that would constitute a quid pro quo for illegal campaign work, and unreported campaign work done by fox (which is illegal because of fair campaign laws associated with campaign advertising on broadcasters).

So saying there's no jeopardy is false, but I strongly doubt anything happens.

Edit: To clarify, there would need to be something in cohen's communications to this effect. There's zero way you could even contemplate bringing this to court without solid evidence.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2018-04-16 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The best part about it is Hannity's railing against the raid while keeping this secret. Nothing like a good ole' conflict with a bastion of journalism
    Bad route for him to take, makes him look guilty. He should have been open about sharing a lawyer and then played the whole "I have a bunch of lawyers and it's not unusual for individuals in the public eye to have coincidentally used the same lawyer" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post

Maybe take a step back and acknowledge that bad/suspicious behavior is bad/suspicious, regardless of political party.