Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so since pvp is clinically dead

what can you do in this game without having a close clique of friends you met durning wotlk or earlier?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can play on a PvP server and engage in any PvP you find. Also, PvP is far from dead. Many players are looking forward to playing as PvP in BfA due to the larger rewards.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vekfull View Post
    what can you do in this game without having a close clique of friends you met durning wotlk or earlier?
    What PvP aspect is dead?

Just curious, for I see a lot going on still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    You could PvP.

Like queue up for random BG's, skirmishes, go through Group Finder and find rated PvP stuff to do.

Random BG are still working and they are fine.

ps : no, PvP is not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by vekfull View Post
    PVP is FAR from dead. You clearly haven't fully understood or recognized what War Mode makes possible.

Think about it for a second. No more conflicting design between PVE and PVP. Blizzard can drop PURELY PVP objectives into the War Mode shard without having any impact on the PVE gameplay. This means they can add world objectives, scenarios, and rewards into the open world without having to worry about breaking the PVE experience.

In short: World PVP has the potential to be better than it's EVER been in BfA!

Maybe stop drinking the doomsday coolaid and use your brain for once. Do some research before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    PVP is FAR from dead. You clearly haven't fully understood or recognized what War Mode makes possible.

Think about it for a second. No more conflicting design between PVE and PVP. Blizzard can drop PURELY PVP objectives into the War Mode shard without having any impact on the PVE gameplay. This means they can add world objectives, scenarios, and rewards into the open world without having to worry about breaking the PVE experience.

Maybe stop drinking the doomsday coolaid and use your brain for once. Do some research before posting.
    World pvp is about as much pvp as LFR is pve just stop you disgusting casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Yeah, the tens of thousands of people PVP’ing per day reallllllly makes PVP dead.. seriously? I mean, I get that people want to shit all over WoW, and that’s totally fine.. but just because you suck ass / got banned for botting doesn’t make PVP dead LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by spain20 View Post
    World pvp is about as much pvp as LFR is pve just stop you disgusting casual.
    Can't tell if you're being serious.

On the one hand I agree that ganking is about as much PVP as LFR is mythic raiding.

But on the other hand, imagine an entire PVE zone converted over to an Alterac Valley type scenario.

The only reason you can't see the possibilities is because you're too busy hating. I feel like Yoda should walk out of the shadows and hit you with his stick or something.

The only reason you can't see the possibilities is because you're too busy hating.
    We see the possibilities every expansion, Blizzard just does not. Gotta get that expansion out for the sales bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    We see the possibilities every expansion, Blizzard just does not. Gotta get that expansion out for the sales bump!
    I'll grant that. But at the same time, has any other expansion had War Mode, or the capability to utterly and completely separate PVE and PVP in the open world? No.

Look, I'm the last person to defend Blizzard. But you guys are massively jumping the gun here.

It's not clinically dead though, you're just adhering to the hyperbole of certain loudmouths.

If someone like me can find tightly knit groups of people to PVP with, so can self-proclaimed "real PVPers"...

Lol. Quality troll post my dude. +1
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

But at the same time, has any other expansion had War Mode, or the capability to utterly and completely separate PVE and PVP in the open world?
    It used to be called "PvP Server".

Problem is: Probably only a tiny minority will activate war mode after leveling. Their goal for the leveling bonus is that you get more XP if you have WM activated to compensate for the time you lost because PVP.
    Two possible outcomes:
    1. Everybody avoids PvP because they only want the xp bonus
    2. Everybody wants to PvP which will get you more opponents but also take more time because you have to fight more often.

If the same reward logic is applied to endgame rewards (Reward equals the time you lost through PvP) most people will not bother with it because it is more stressful, does not make anything go faster and is not something you can plan.

The reward would have to be MUCH higher to force people to do it, but then again people will complain that they feel forced
    With this system Blizzard can not win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It used to be called "PvP Server".
    If you really don't understand the difference between a pvp server and War Mode, then you're not qualified to criticize. Go do your research then come back.

If you really don't understand the difference between a pvp server and War Mode, then you're not qualified to criticize. Go do your research then come back.
    the only difference should have been that it means that people that didnt want world pvp didnt have to pay to transfer to pve servers and vice versa but for some reason they had to ruin the announcement with extra rewards for those than are prepared to suffer through being ganked while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    the only difference should have been that it means that people that didnt want world pvp didnt have to pay to transfer to pve servers and vice versa but for some reason they had to ruin the announcement with extra rewards for those than are prepared to suffer through being ganked while questing.
    The trade-off is obviously faster questing.

Oh, sorry. I mean PvP servers with meagre artifact pow- I mean azerite rewards slapped on top which will be either A) barely noticeable or B) nerfed within the first months of the expansion because of PvE crybabies that are forced to play with war mode () which will then lead to a fast decline in participation after everyone tried it out and saw that it's just the same old PvP toggle (but this time with phasing). You don't honestly think that they're going to create actual content revolved around this, do you?

But whatever... I'll better be going and do some research on this grand and innovative feature

basically: play rogue you're probably less pruned than most classes, you'll be able to 100-0 them during a CC chain if they're a caster, pvp is alive and well!