Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    A good friend of mine has never touched alcohol(he's Muslim). He doesn't make an issue of it and comes with when we're going out and at events where there's drinking, so it's never been an issue. Don't care at all.

I have met people who don't drink with the attitude of "all drunk people are idiots", and that gets really tiresome really quickly.
    If you're drunk and behaving like an idiot.
    You're an idiot.

Even I cringe like mad when I'm drunk and I see people do stupid things.
    You can be drunk with your mates, but don't be a cunt.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2018-04-17 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Better not invite me to a party.
    Yeah, because God forbid you spend all night with some friends eating popcorn, playing Monopoly, drinking hot cocoa and soda, and catching up on whats going on in their lives. Such a tragedy to actually remember a party

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't drink. Do I think I'm superior? No, but I know I don't suffer from the potential lapse of judgement that being drunk brings. I already make bad enough decisions in my life and have poor impulse control, I don't need alcohol making it worse.

As a bonus though, it's fun to watch drunk people do stupid stuff.

EDIT: I actually do try different alcohols, but so far I've never found one I enjoy. They all taste terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because God forbid you spend all night with some friends playing Monopoly, drinking hot cocoa and soda, and catching up on whats going on in their lives.
    Shit... Orlong has a decent idea for a party. That sounds good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink so I don't have any special opinion about people who don't drink. If you drink in moderation I don't care either. However if you are around me and drink heavily and get drunk that just means I will enjoy being around you less. Mostly because I don't want to end up dealing with you when you are drunk.

I don't mind such a lifestyle choice, it certainly is healthy, but those who push it on others should mind their own business. Thankfully I know only one such person and even she's not that adamant about it.

Moderation and appreciation of the culture is better than getting trashed anyhow.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Sounds like you're ashamed of your drinking and have a serious inferiority complex

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    See, I live by the philosophy that if alcohol is such a large part of your life that you're going to judge someone for not drinking it, you're not trustworthy and should probably go ahead and check in to rehab. You, and this man, are insecure children who think you can't trust people who do things differently than you.

As a non-drinker, I don't believe I'm superior to drinkers. But I'm sure as hell superior to people who think like you lol.
    Relax cupcake, clearly comprehension isn't happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Relax cupcake, clearly comprehension isn't happening here.
    "I said some dumb shit, time to act like they misunderstood me".

Drinking or not drinking isn't really something I "have an opinion" about someone about unless they are a lush who get drunk every other night. I don't drink but it's not like I care enough to mention it to most people even when out with people who do drink.

I dont really care, its more like i feel they missing something some alcohols and mix have great taste to me. Its like someone telling me hes not eating any fruits or meat or something. I mean no sweat off my back, they are the one missing out.

I'm one of those people that doesn't drink. I have, and I will again, most likely. Its not something I have aversion to, I just don't typically drink.

I get the angst drinkers get over being judged for their drinking, but at the same time, I do come down on a couple of my friends for their drinking habits.

There are just some people that cannot handle it, and do not know their limitations. Some of my friends fit that category, so if I'm bitching about their drinking, its totally out of concern for their well being, not out of a superiority complex of some kind.
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I was installing an air-handler today at an artsy fartsy cookery shop today..every other person on the street was out jogging...i bet they were all alcholics trying to make themselves feel better the day after lol.
    That's interesting. I find that when I don't drink I am more likely to exercise. Probably because I'm not poisoning my body and feel healthy enough to run.

They're more reliable and stable than people I know that do drink.

And FYI, they're the target of FAR more toxic behaviour than they dish out. Along the lines of drinkers feeling threatened and going at them with "You think you're better than the rest of us???"-kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    what is ur opinion on people u know who dont drink?
    Why would I have an opinion on something that has no impact on anything? They can do whatever they want. They're not hurting anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

You want the jokes to be funny, you better start getting the Gin and Tonic in me.

but in all seriousness. Don't care. Drink don't drink, smoke don't smoke. Don't care either way. As long as we are having fun, I don't care what you do....well you know what I mean. I don't care what you ingest I guess is the better way to say that. I do as I please and I expect others too. I don't want a lecture on my habits, behavior, etc unless I'm being out of line with folks, then by all means speak up.

Party how ya want, we are here for a good time.

I grew up around and am still partially surrounded by people who simply cannot enjoy themselves or have a good time without getting plowed, and I think it's really sad.

Not saying I wont have a glass of wine at dinner, a mixed or fru-fru something if we go out to dinner (cant stand piss water beer) but I hardly think that that could be considered drinking.

Being a drunken meathead is what you're supposed to be in my area and there's a lot of pressure to be so. Sad to see all the young people that get sucked into it.

So in a way I do kind of look down on people that drink (excessively).

if they don't drink that's fine, just don't go to parties where everyone is drinking and you're not, well you can but you're the most boring person in the room, people don't drink to be serious they drink to have a laugh and i just find sober people to be on an incompatible wavelength. for that reason i won't hang around drunk people if i'm not drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    i dont care if they just dont feel like drinking but if they think they are superior to people who drink they can fuck off
    The few I know that don't drink do so because they are concerned about alcoholism in their family. That said, there is a difference between someone who drinks and someone who gets drunk. People who get drunk frequently are usually quite irritating, and honestly, may well deserve to be looked down on.

I see nothing wrong with not drinking. One of my friends don't drink, yet loves to party.

It's like not smoking...who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    "I said some dumb shit, time to act like they misunderstood me".
    Why are you so defensive? Did you even read what I wrote, it addresses your non-sense.
    This is all opinion anyway. Sorry a very minor way I use to gauge people is ruining your life, maybe grow-up a little bit.