Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I recently did the following:

Elemental - 2nd try, 933 ilvl. Super easy since ele has insane ST/AOE burst and you just nuke her down. By far the easiest challenge to outgear

Survival - idk like 20ish tries, 930 ilvl. This one was made easier after I got both the class ring and Sephuz, but it's still difficult if you can't aoe the adds down in P2.

Retribution - 934 ilvl, 10ish tries. Only one I've done for Sigryn so far, I thought it pretty hard until I grouped them up and just aoe'd them down without cc'ing her.

Plan on doing enhancement and prot paladin at the least, but maybe will try vengeance and balance druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like I said, I do get what you're saying.

But there's something wonky when I'm able to step into a challenge in a spec I barely play, and have it down in 10-15 pulls, when I have other specs I play far more and took far longer.
    Well yes, I don't disagree with you either. I just said I think personal strengths and weaknesses is a big enough factor for it to be hard to make a vote who is hardest, objectively.

(I found Twarting the Twins to be extremely simple for me as a balance druid because of the mechanics being rather trivial for the spec(enormous AoE + extremely good kiting capabilities), yet I wiped so many times because I forgot to position myself and move in a clever way for the runes and hands. You can say I am quite shit at multitasking as dps!)

What legendaries you have makes a huge difference in some of the tanking challenges. Doing the Bear one without luffas or Eko is waaay harder then with. Same with the prot pally and the legendary legs. DH was pretty easy since the infernals are a non issue. DK has sooo much healing it ended up being the only tank challenge 1 shot. The Prot Warrior probably gets the most benefit from over gearing the encounter after getting T21 the whole encounter took under 3 min to finish just sooo much damage going out. Have yet to do the Monk one but I'm guessing the double Keg smash/breath of fire reset legendary combo would be crazy powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Nope. You are wrong. Frost Mage is literally the hardest class to complete the challenge on.
    Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock would disagree with you. I also feel like Frost Mage (and MM Hunter) made this challenge almost trivial...compared to those two I mentioned.

Nope. You are wrong. Frost Mage is literally the hardest class to complete the challenge on.
    Of all the specs that had to do Twins, I found Frost to be the second-easiest, with only Balance being easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock would disagree with you. I also feel like Frost Mage (and MM Hunter) made this challenge almost trivial...compared to those two I mentioned.
    It's funny. My experience was that every spec that had this challenge was fairly easy to do except the frost mage. I cheesed the encounter on the spriest with S2M and the aff warlock I used the mortal coil trick, without having the ring legendary. Balance was a joke and the MM only took a couple tries. I think it was just dealing with the hands that gave me such a headache on the frost mage. That and me sucking at kiting probably had something to do with it also. *shrug*

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i've done a majority of the challenges. All the dps and tank ones are done, except for disc if you count that as a dps one. Only ones I haven't bothered doing are the healing challenges. I hate healing and can't be arsed to do them.

Hardest tanking one for me was Prot warrior and then Brewmaster. I thought Vengeance and Prot pally were a joke. Guardian took some time because I had to learn the spec. I don't tank very often so the challenge was mostly me learning how to tank and survive. DPS was usually not a problem. Blood dk wasn't too bad, just so slow. Bear tartare is your best friend.

Most of the dps ones were easy,I found frost mage to be one of the harder ones. Outlaw was a bit tough as well, lightblood elixir helps a lot. If your lucky and the stars align, mage tower and command center being up makes Agatha a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Frost mage is what the encounter is designed for. Probably one of the easiest challenges to do it on as long as you can use frozen orb / blizzard and ice lance.
    I thought that challenge was much easier on a priest just going s2m and killing him the first time he pops out.

At high item levels Imp Mother is the easiest in my mind. As a whole the Halls of Valor challenge is probably the worst across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 4 of the 5 specs that do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just don't think you were properly cheesing

Deleted
    I know right, the frost one is a joke, you can blow up the kiting add in 15sec and just tunnel down the boss before he goes into the next phase lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...in my humble opinion.... Protection Paladin. I got Kruul on every other tank, but I just can't seem to DPS things down fast enough before I end up with like 3 Infernals and everything goes to shit. I think I'm just doing something wrong because I'm like 20 ilevels higher than when I did it on my DK, DH and Druid.

So even if you haven't tried them all, what is the hardest one so far for you?
    I did the Prot Pally without Tyelca, and it was not my worse. had a Memento of Angerboda dropped from a M+ (925) and the Alchemy trinket that procs Main Stats.

Using First Avenger it was a breeze, pop all CD's (no BL) for Inquisitor made it really fast, stunning him when hitting 7-8 stacks to reset (since we mostly keep him without casting between rebuke and shield procs, + i'm a Belf so I had an emergency interrupt.) Went to Kruul with 1 infernal only, from there BL and all cd's again. He went down fairly quick, DPS was pretty high.

I think the Resto Shaman was the most painful for me, but it's because i'm not so into the spec. I'm sure ppl might have done it fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I thought that challenge was much easier on a priest just going s2m and killing him the first time he pops out.

At high item levels Imp Mother is the easiest in my mind. As a whole the Halls of Valor challenge is probably the worst across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 4 of the 5 specs that do it.
    I one shotted it with Balance. But to be honest I don't know If I was horribly lucky or it was that easy (also it was the last spec I did it on...so experience probably helped me a lot.

Much harder ones than Protadin, OP. Prot Warrior and Brewmaster are way harder IMO for Kruul. Also dunno about Guardian post-Mark of Ursol removal; I did it prior to that.

As for the others:
    - Agatha: Feral Druid and Outlaw Rogue gave me tons of trouble. Outlaw felt like raw RNG just getting Grand Melee/high # of rolls on Roll the Bones. Feral is the only challenge I just mega outgeared cuz Druid's my main, but man that was hard as shit trying when I was still relatively undergeared (pre-ToS).
    - Xylem: Subtlety was a BITCH. Felt like RNG on Shadowstep. If he teleported to the opposite side, you couldn't SS to him out of the ice spikes. Kept losing my HP too quickly.
    - Twins: Marksmanship Hunter and Shadow Priest. Depended on procs and shit for bursting hands on MM, while SPriest I felt was impossible with my undergeared alts I don't play. Had to do the Surrender to Madness strat.
    - Healer: Mistweaver just felt lacking in tools compared to other non-Disc healers. The others weren't too bad.
    - Not a single challenge from Sigryn or Feltotem were remotely difficult. Some were even specs I haven't played for many expansions and I oneshot the challenge (such as Assassination Rogue).

I'd say all of these above are equivalent or even harder than Protadin was.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah I just don't think you were properly cheesing
    Very much so. Didnt know about any way to cheese it (unless you are talking about Surrender...I didnt try to use that talent.

Holy shit I did it. I finally did it!

Prot pally down!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I'd have to really disagree with you there. You can nuke down Karam insanely fast and basically have permanent frozen orb and blizzard if you just aim them to the middle. Between blink, iceblock to avoid nukes, cone and frostbolt slows, the talent to increase the slow, a talented double snare, and 1 very strong dps CD on top of brolust, the fight is the easiest one. I'm not a good caster player, i blinked into stupid things like 5 times and still completed that challenge with no set bonuses, welfare WQ stat stick trinks, and like ~905 ilvl. Honestly I thought it was pretty exciting to be like "OH S!?# RUN" while bombing everything with ice

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To avoid wasting too much time, I choosed more relaxed approach. I "passively" geared all my chars through Argus world bosses (I have 2 920, rest is 930+) and plan to focus on one challenge at the time (learn->repeat->forget ;P). On this MT i got all 4 Xylem skins (Arms is my main spec, so I did it earlier), now heading to Sigrin. From what I hear it's much easier, so maybe I try Ret on this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Frost mage is what the encounter is designed for. Probably one of the easiest challenges to do it on as long as you can use frozen orb / blizzard and ice lance.
    Most people found it (very) difficult, while a few others say it's among the easiest, uhuh. Avoiding and slowing down Karam and the little ads with Frozen Orb/Blizzard is not even half of what you have to do to survive. I completed it anyway but it took a lot of attempts. I didn't look up strategies though, so I learned the hard way.
    Some people seem to be talking out of their arse about Frost Mage. But alright, if you really found it easy and completed it in one or two attempts, kudos to you!
    Last edited by deepr; 2018-04-17 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After completing the Affliction and Guardian challenge, I decided I was content with just doing 2 of the challenges...the Guardian challenge I spent a total of well over 35k shards and god knows how much gold on mats for agility pots and old war potions during 2 active tower sessions. (I got the werebear skin a week or so before Season 6 was to end). At 937ish, that challenge has broken me...hell I even had some vivid dreams about trying to complete it. As for the leggos... all I had was Eckowraith and Puny Quods (helm).

The vast bullshit of RNG when facing Variss was half the time he didn’t cast Drain Life only to cast it when the Nether Horror finally spawned thus using skull bash to get killed when I gotten over 5 stacks. Plus there was a “clipping” issue at times with the Infernal’s smash. Half of the time, the smash would hit me while I was just outside the cone zone.

Then comes the bullshit RNG for Kruul. I know your forced to kite him away to get him to stomp and ooze the ground, but again, half the time the Nether Horris pop up, to they Zerg Velen (wipe).

Needing that Orb Velen just summoned but those damn laser sweepers push you away while avoiding the AOE ability from Horrors? Wipe
    Same as above, but fail to interrupt Kruul’s Twisted Refection? Wipe.
    Accidentally kited Kruul too close and he oozes several key spot last you need to get to for that orb and low on health? Wipe.

I’ve spent the rest of the fight just looking at Kruul’s name/health bar just to watch him to cast Twisted Reection so I can interrupt-those is seconds is just bullshit and with everything happening around you, it’s almost missable.

So, I’m done with the challenges. I’ve got the Affliction challenge and Guardian challenge done. Not doing anymore. I’ve got a few of the hidden skins for most of my toon.

Demonolgy: Thalkeil’s Visage (Severed Draenei head). Honestly, I’m surprised this wasn’t a challenge mode reward.
    Disc Priest: A book on a stick
    Vengeance DH: Shield glaives?
    Holy Paladin spec I don’t play: Reinhardt’s missing hammer
    Retribution Paladin: Corrupted Ashbringer
    Unholy DK: A supersized Meat Hook

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching a Method Raider fail on the Prot Warrior one for 2 days straight.
    I think he figured out the hardest one out by now.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".