10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    So Bas Dost quit the Dutch team. Shame, Koeman responded that he still had a role for him.

I know he's frustrated to death but honestly should've at least spent some time under Koeman before making this decision.

Just wait until the summer comes and Mourinho will sell out young talented players that does not perform well under his way of football, and bring in established players at theyre prime(or a bit over) just as with Sanchez.

I seriously think that the attacking players in Manchester United could be on par with the City/LFC attacking players, but due to mourinho it does not show.

His way of football worked 10 years ago, not now. Just look at the top teams out there now. Barca, Real M, Bayern M, City ++ are all playing a attacking way of football. What does Mourinho do with a big club like Manchester United? Cripple them down to some defensive structure.

Deleted
    Kane looks depressed.

A thrilling first half between Leverkusen and Bayern. Bayern up 2-0 inside 8 minutes but leverkusen pulled one back. This Leverkusen side is really playing good offensive football with these young players, nice to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    So Bas Dost quit the Dutch team. Shame, Koeman responded that he still had a role for him.

I know he's frustrated to death but honestly should've at least spent some time under Koeman before making this decision.
    I do see his point a little though, I mean he is getting benched for Ryan-who-Babel. The problem Dost has is that he is the wrong attacker for the system; he won't fit in Koeman's 5-3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kane looks depressed.
    A winger has scored more goals than him.
    I would be depressed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I do see his point a little though, I mean he is getting benched for Ryan-who-Babel. The problem Dost has is that he is the wrong attacker for the system; he won't fit in Koeman's 5-3-2.
    That disastrous miss against Turkey didn't help his confidence either. https://streamable.com/g97x

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Harry Kane already claiming to have played the full 90 tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    That disastrous miss against Turkey didn't help his confidence either. https://streamable.com/g97x
    Well, that's another problem. He has never shown anything for Holland. I think he has 1 goal in 18. Granted, that disallowed goal in Solna, which costed Holland qualification was undeservedly disallowed.

However, I still think Ryan Babel is shit, and shouldn't be playing either. Ideally, we'd play with Depay and Promes (considering 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 whatever you wanna call it).

A 6-2 win away to Leverkusen in the cup semifinal!! Not bad at all. Leverkusen did play well after getting their first goal but after Müller scored the third, it was dominance from Bayern.

There are some weaknesses in the defence but our overall form and the fact that we're playing at home should really scare Real in the first game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Müller ascending to world cup form. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    There are some weaknesses in the defence but our overall form and the fact that we're playing at home should really scare Real in the first game.
    Considering your defense I think it could be a really close one. Real will definitely murder you for any defensive mistake. Then again their own defense isn't that stellar either lately.

Should be a fun round considering the best matches are often the ones with superb attack and shite defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bayern is in a frightening shape at the moment. Only Vidal missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering your defense I think it could be a really close one. Real will definitely murder you for any defensive mistake. Then again their own defense isn't that stellar either lately.

Should be a fun round considering the best matches are often the ones with superb attack and shite defense.
    I think that Vidal is missing is a good thing he and Bernat are the biggest flaws of Bayern.
    Ok Süle can be a tool but he is still very young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I think that Vidal is missing is a good thing he and Bernat are the biggest flaws of Bayern.
    Ok Süle can be a tool but he is still very young.
    Meh I dunno. Only thing I don't like about Vidal is that he makes stupid fouls and gets unnecessary cards. However, Bayern has enough depth in their squad to make it a non issue either way. I really wouldn't want to face Bayern right now with their entire squad in a superb shape. Even Robben is fit.

Yeah Vidal is out but we have others. Vidal is unique but as already stated he can sometimes be a liability and considering Thiago's perfomance today I would pick him instead. Some sloppy passes in the first half but completely bossed the midfield in the second.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. I think that Heynckes will play quite the same tactics as against PSG. Don't get carried away with possession and defend as an unit and then be efficient and dangerous in attack, he used something like that in that game.

Robben does play well when it's a big game and he is a master at taking on defenders but I would perhaps drop him for that game so that Thiago, Müller and James could all play at the same time + Robben was quite wasteful today. Those three all combine well with each other (James and Thiago haven't played that much together but did it well at the weekend) and could bring some control to the midfield. Missing a pure winger isn't good tho.

Meh I dunno. Only thing I don't like about Vidal is that he makes stupid fouls and gets unnecessary cards. However, Bayern has enough depth in their squad to make it a non issue either way. I really wouldn't want to face Bayern right now with their entire squad in a superb shape. Even Robben is fit.
    His passing was so bad over the year and he became slower i would always pick Thiago or Rudy over him. When Goretzka comes Vidal will have alot less playtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    His passing was so bad over the year and he became slower i would always pick Thiago or Rudy over him. When Goretzka comes Vidal will have alot less playtime.
    Goretzka is definitely better, but I still think Vidal has a role to play. I agree with you though that his passing is bad at times.

Deleted
    Joey Barton will take over as head coach of Fleetwood Town at the end of the season, the club has confirmed.

Anyone late to training will get a cigarette in the eye.

Deleted
    Come on guys, Joeys turned over a new leaf.