Thread: Alpha Warriors

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alpha Warriors

Any warrior in the alpha that are testing out builds and rotations? Would love to join in on the conversation.

The BfA channels, specifically arms, seems to be lacking this type of dialogue at the moment.

Alpha is currently unplayable as a warrior with the GCD changes among other things.

Skyhold (warr discord) has active discussions though.

Speaking from a Fury point of view... I'm rerolling.

I get why Odyn's Fury is gone, but the spec feels so clunky without it combined with the current changes. I honestly believe no one at Blizzard, that's working on BFA, plays a Fury Warrior. Cause it's fuckin' weak right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Alpha is currently unplayable as a warrior with the GCD changes among other things.

Skyhold (warr discord) has active discussions though.
    You really need to learn what the word unplayable means.

Talking about specs they havent touched for 2-3 weeks is rather pointless..but.

Because of the gear given and the very low haste, Warrior is unplayable on Alpha generally., sure you can goof around but you cant see how the specs work with those stats.

Arms at the moment is the same as every other changes and the only one that actually can be said "They changed something".

They are doing for Arms as they are doing for every other class/spec, there are Cleave/Burst Cleave talents, and there are more ST oriented talents, its going an okay way but with the removal of Battle Cry it doesnt have any cd :P (ST cd without counting Avatar since talent), i believe its the only spec that they have actually looked at.

Fury is the usual Inner Rage spec, they really need to get it into their skull that unless something extra gives a better stat it will always be the default choice cause it makes the spec fluid, but you cant pop all cooldowns together bla bla, its boring but the 6 seconds Enrage, aka Nighthold Tier set makes the spec so much more fluid especially with such low haste..I can imagine if they keep this Enrage uptime and dont change it the spec can be really really enjoyable no matter what changes they make.

Protection is being changed so its also unplayable for the last 2 weeks since they removed IP and havent implemented the changes yet, the 3 missing talents doesnt help also

In other words, ignore testing your Warrior and test other stuff until the patch notes say "Its Warrior turn".
    Last edited by potis; 2018-04-16 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for fury and to me it still plays the SAME as legion. Oh no, now we have cd on gcd, sky is falling /s

That barely impacts anything, at least to me, the flow of the rotation is still the same as legion, (with inner rage build).
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2018-04-17 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I can only speak for fury and to me it still plays the SAME as legion. Oh no, now we have cd on gcd, sky is falling /s

That barely impacts anything, at least to me, the flow of the rotation is still the same as legion, (with inner rage build).
    How can it play the same with the removal of OF and having both Reck and Avatar on the GCD? Add the removal of legendaries and a lot of passive from the artifcats, and the spec feels completely different. Sure, your core rotation has the same buttons as Legion (minus OF), but it feels horrible to play when you're used to the fast-paced feel of Fury on retail.

meh, i like the changed arms.. *shrug*

The loss of the artifacts combined with as of yet lack of updates makes most specs pretty much "unplayable", at least in comparison to current Legion standards.

But it is also pretty obvious Blizzard hasn't spent much, if any, time on polishing specs yet, so its premature to be discussing how any spec "feels" at this point.

I’ve played both arms and fury and feels very slow. But the gear I’ve aquired is pretty bad and not really optimized for any spec.

Once we can transfer our main chars I think we’ll start to see what it really feels like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    How can it play the same with the removal of OF and having both Reck and Avatar on the GCD? Add the removal of legendaries and a lot of passive from the artifcats, and the spec feels completely different. Sure, your core rotation has the same buttons as Legion (minus OF), but it feels horrible to play when you're used to the fast-paced feel of Fury on retail.
    To me it feels the same, i lvled recently a fury war from 1-110 without looms and guess what? The flow of the rotation didnt changed. How something that has already 0% downtime can feel slower from something that also has 0% downtime?

Yes we lost OF and the GCD thing dosent change the fact that we always have something to press, thus 0% downtime on the rotation. Hell i would go further and say fury bfa feels better than legion beause at least there we have "victory rush" back, so no more having to stop to eat after 2-3 mobs or getting royally screwed if you over pulled and had OF/Enraged Regen on cd.

I appreciate the activity in the thread. I just joined alpha recently, but i'm focusing on the arms warrior atm. I have been playing arms/fury since 2004 vanilla with a few short breaks sprinkled in.

I don't think Arms feels 'unplayable' right now but I have yet to fully figure out how much an impact haste might have on the rotation. It seems like leaning heavily into Anger Management to keep Colossus Smash available with some amount of frequency will be important. I'm also curious about the Deep Wounds mastery - as it stands it feels like it makes Sudden Death almost a requirement.

Maybe all of these things are obvious to everyone already.

Anyone else nostalgic for Wrath (ok except Slam swing) or end of Cata/MoP arms?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Arms has never been as good as it was end of cata.
    Fury has never been as good as it was end of mop.

Not sure when prot was at its best, I'd be biased to say vengeance and shield barrier but yeh..

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Not sure when prot was at its best, I'd be biased to say vengeance and shield barrier but yeh..
    In terms of fun factor I kinda like how things are now. Anger Management+Booming Voice+Battle Cry is cool. Sure in terms of actual efficiency Prot falls short but that's nothing new. 2pT21 is a pretty dumb band-aid to Prot problems but its power is undeniable and there's something to be said for being able to shrink Shield Wall's cooldown to less than 2 minutes.

GCD makes me not even want to play anymore honestly.

I haven't played myself, but I watch streamers mashing the rotation and it is just too slow for my taste.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The loss of the artifacts combined with as of yet lack of updates makes most specs pretty much "unplayable", at least in comparison to current Legion standards.

But it is also pretty obvious Blizzard hasn't spent much, if any, time on polishing specs yet, so its premature to be discussing how any spec "feels" at this point.
    Ouch, I already find live Arms basically unplayable. I can't imagine it being worse

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I always say there are two kinds of Arms players, WotLk and Mop. I am a WotLK arms, but their is those that like MoP version because it was so complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I always say there are two kinds of Arms players, WotLk and Mop. I am a WotLK arms, but their is those that like MoP version because it was so complex.
    What? The best Arms version is definitely Dragon Soul. It was a joke in MoP. Rend > Thunderclap > ? > Top of the meters in AoE (Was crap at ST). You played Arms only on Galakras (and Protectors if your guild had the balls to pack them) and in CM because Fury was garbage without gear.

That's why I always laugh when people talk about MoP's amazing class design. TG Fury needed 40%+ crit as well as Thok and Galakras's trinkets to function properly. And Arms barely worked in ST.
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2018-04-18 at 08:14 AM.

Dragon soul stance dance was awesome tbh.