10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for the Rams to get some extensions done.

At least Joyner signed his tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Draft is coming up fast!
    It's been kind of sneaking up on me. I diversified my interests a bit the past 2 years and I have enough going on in several places that I was kind of shocked when my twitter timeline mentioned the schedule coming out this week. I was like "Man, that's supposed to be 1 week before the draft" and then realized that it is in fact the last week before the week of the draft.

I had intended to do some draft prep today, but I didn't do as much of it as I would have liked. I kind of wanted to go through prospects at all the positions the Patriots are likely interested in and make 2 columns, 1 with round 1 prospect for that position and 1 with a later round prospect for that position. And I didn;t actually get around to that yet, I've only been doing general info about mock drafts and who's supposedly going where in the draft (an inexact science in the best of cases).

I'm thinking I'll need to wait till writers I trust start posting their draft big boards and final mock drafts and just read player profiles at a few choice positions till then.

But yeah, basically 10 days left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patiently waiting for the draft! I'm pretty keen just to see how everything pans out!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh hai crackle! Wondered if you died.

Also, draft is in middle of MDI. Boooooo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle is likely going to cut McDowell this week or the next. Shame that the accident fucked him up so bad that he hasn't even played a single snap for his rookie year. Hope he gets a chance somewhere assuming he gets medically cleared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nick Mangold uses Office reference to declare his retirement https://twitter.com/nickmangold/stat...861230592?s=21

10+ Year Old Account
    The world clearly dodged a bullet. Brett Favre reportedly flunked his audition to be 'Monday Night Football' analyst.

His goofy drawl is tolerable in small doses, like a Peter King lovefest interview or a commercial for selling ill-fitting jeans.

But a 3 hour broadcast, sounds like a dumber version of Phil Simms. And Phil Simms once said, "if you are ejected from the game, you are one word. not very smart".

10+ Year Old Account
    "Schedule news! The 2018 NFL Regular Season Schedule will be announced this Thursday, April 19 at 8:00pm ET live on NFL Network with the 2-hour 2018 NFL Schedule Release." - Rapoport

HYPE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Schedule news! The 2018 NFL Regular Season Schedule will be announced this Thursday, April 19 at 8:00pm ET live on NFL Network with the 2-hour 2018 NFL Schedule Release." - Rapoport

HYPE
    Woohoo!!

The game I'm most excited for next season is Falcons V Steelers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Woohoo!!

The game I'm most excited for next season is Falcons V Steelers.
    Away game vs Jacksonville should be amazing for the Patriots.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, looking at that, basically only the games against INdy and Chicago look like they might be duds. The rest of the games all have some kind of feature or special reason to do well.

Minnesota, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Pittsburgh all playoff teams last year
    Houston was that huge shootout last season that was incredibly entertaining (and stressful)
    Detroit now has Matt Patricia as their HC
    KC always beats us in the regular season, so would be nice to break that streak
    Green Bay has Rodgers and Brady vs Rodgers games are always must watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also best part about my new job we plan a month ahead so i can take every day the Falcons play off! Will never miss a game again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo apparently Brady is seeking a new deal. This is it; this is the last one.
    He knows this is his last chance to get paid, and knows he can afford to be more selfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    He knows this is his last chance to get paid, and knows he can afford to be more selfish
    How dare he! Trade him to the Browns!

So far i have seen mocks with Denver taking any of the top 4 QBs, Denzel Ward, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, and Barkley. I'm convinced at this point they just pick every player possible so they can say they got it right at some point. I'm biased, but the Ward pick sounds the best to me.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was all for this until I realized the league would then have to face the wrath of Hoyer the Destroyer. No one would stand a chance if that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints re-signed Brandon Coleman for some reason, he seems the likeliest person to be displaced by Cam Meredith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off with his head!

If it does get re-worked, I doubt it’s for more than two years
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Saints re-signed Brandon Coleman for some reason, he seems the likeliest person to be displaced by Cam Meredith.
    Eh they likely got him on the cheap, he knows the system and good insurance policy incase Meredith does not work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Dude, Brady is fucking loaded and his wife is richer than he is by some margin. He doesn't need the money.

What Brady wants and needs is security.

Patriots are almost certainly going to draft a QB. So what if something unfortunate happens this season with Brady? Always a chance it happens. Then he;s suddenly on a cheap, expiring contract with the Patriots having a young QB they have groomed for a year. If you are Brady, that is VERY worrisome.

But if he gets a new deal, with new guarantees in it that hurt the Patriots if they were to try to get rid of him sooner than Brady wants to leave, he'd have at least SOME peace of mind that they would not cut him.

He could do the Patriots a solid by making the contract relatively cheap again and the Patriots could do Brady a solid and make the contract in a way that ensures he's firmly entrenched as the starter for a few more years (if he so chooses). Then everyone is happy.

Now, the Patriots currently have no incentive to do this, cause Brady is under contract. But with a little bit of media pressure and a bit of staging that he is not happy, he'll soon force the Patriots to give him what he wants.

It's basically just negotiating tactics.

Same thing is true for Gronk. Gronk wants to play. He loves football. He just wnats to be paid for his services like the elite, position defining talent that he is. Money talks. Gronk's agent has been trying to get the Patriots to rip up his deal and do him a better deal since at LEAST the '16 training camp, when his agents made a big visit to the facility and had a meeting with the Patriots. That hasn;t changed sine then. Patriots have re-done his deal in certain ways, but they haven;t given him a completely new deal more along the lines of the production Gronk brings, which is more like a second tier WR1 than a TE.

Fairly sure the Patrits are going to re-do both Brady and Gronk's deals this off-season and all of this will go away. One guy will get his security that the Patriots will keep him around and the other one will get paid more along the lines of what he feels he's worth. It's a business not just from the team's standpoint, but from the players standpoint too.

I say pay the guys. Give them their contracts. They are both team defining players and you need them happy. Patriots have cap space and even with giving out new contracts they will have enough left to carry over to next year to pay their free agents then.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news: SCHEDULE PRE-HYPE

Rams will play Chiefs in Mexico City on Monday, November 19th, according to PFT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jimmy Graham signed a better deal than Gronk, it expired and he signed another better deal than Gronk.

Gronk probably shouldn't have signed a six year extension when he still had two years left on his rookie deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schedule is supposed to release at 8pm tonight, but I already know 6 games + the fact Patriots have week 11 bye (meaning no football during my birthday week )

Check your local beat writers to find out for your team.

Bills fans: Patriots at the Bills Monday night Oct 29th. Primetime match up.