Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    That's the dumbest argument I've ever seen. That's like saying hey it takes more skill to walk across an entire state than it is to drive a car. Gimping yourself for no reason doesn't mean you have more skill lol just means it takes you longer to do ez shit.
    So you cant do a 360 jumpshot while kiting a mob as a clicker then... My point stands.

Personally I have not really hard raided since Vanilla. It gets too much like a job, and not enjoyable at all for me anymore. Sure first taking down Molten Core, Onyxia or BWL was a great feeling, but again it just got too tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    just imagine typing vs having a keyboard in the middle of you screen and you click every single letter you want to type.
    even if you adjust this keyboard so keys used more often are more central you can easily imagine how much slower the result will be.
    My mouse pointer moves faster across the entire screen (i move the mouse about 1 cm) than your finger does between your 2 closest keybinds. So no, it's not slower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    My mouse pointer moves faster across the entire screen (i move the mouse about 1 cm) than your finger does between your 2 closest keybinds. So no, it's not slower.
    Keep telling urself that, clicking will always be slower than proper keybinds,
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Keep telling urself that, clicking will always be slower than proper keybinds,
    Because you say so, right?

Deleted
    Ppl are stubborn, even if you try to help. They get angry and stay bad.
    Players who click their arenamates hp bar, then clicks on the dispell are the best. They usually dispell the fear 1 second before it fades. Then they appear on my ignore list.
    Dont forget, you are not here to teach them how to play. There are so much information on the internet how to play wow correctly.
    If you meet a bad player, let him know, may he will improve. Dont tell him to bind x and use y. Tell him he is doing it wrong and thats all. Then leave him. If enough ppl do this, they will quit , they will improve or they will play lfr with the other bad players.
    Thats why i remove every low dps, failers from my group. If they meet the ilvl req, then they had enough time to lear to play correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    Players who click their arenamates hp bar, then clicks on the dispell are the best. They usually dispell the fear 1 second before it fades. Then they appear on my ignore list.
    Dont forget, you are not here to teach them how to play. There are so much information on the internet how to play wow correctly.
    If you meet a bad player, let him know, may he will improve. Dont tell him to bind x and use y. Tell him he is doing it wrong and thats all. Then leave him. If enough ppl do this, they will quit , they will improve or they will play lfr with the other bad players.
    Thats why i remove every low dps, failers from my group. If they meet the ilvl req, then they had enough time to lear to play correctly.
    :slowclap:

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of wow players only play sporadically and have never engaged in the community outside of the game. They haven't read any sort of guide for their class or the raids. They have no idea how their spells interact with each other and just hit buttons. They don't know that they're bad, or how to judge if someone is good or bad. They don't have addons, they don't know where to even begin to get them. They don't know when patches come out, they don't read the notes, and they'll never realize that their class has changed.

You have to remember that the people on this forum, or any wow-site, are likely more informed and engaged than 90% of the playerbase. You also have to remember that the game doesn't TEACH you anything about how to play or give any explanation of what things are/do. MMORPGs aren't as prolific as they once were. For many people today, WoW is they're first foray into the genre, so they have no prior experience to go off of like people coming from Everquest, Runescape, DAoC, Neocron, etc... in the mid '00s.

Deleted
    your mouse cant ever be at 2 points the same time,whilst with proper keybinds you can press multiple different keys the same time.
    do you see where this is going?

also keybinding gives you more overall awareness.

Deleted
    your mouse cant ever be at 2 points the same time,whilst with proper keybinds you can press multiple different keys the same time.

Dont forget the miss clicks when clicking. I used to click a lot in vanilla and nr 1 reason I changed was because of the miss clicks in PvP when I had to do a lot of stuff at the same time fast. My left hand never really moves at all during gameplay and I can use 4 fingers at the same time for pressing abilities without miss clicks since its all muscle memory for me. Moving my mouse on the other hand is done for so many things and every button is relative to some other button and not in a static place so can't really learn it the same way even if I were super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Klickor View Post
    Dont forget the miss clicks when clicking. I used to click a lot in vanilla and nr 1 reason I changed was because of the miss clicks in PvP when I had to do a lot of stuff at the same time fast. My left hand never really moves at all during gameplay and I can use 4 fingers at the same time for pressing abilities without miss clicks since its all muscle memory for me. Moving my mouse on the other hand is done for so many things and every button is relative to some other button and not in a static place so can't really learn it the same way even if I were super fast.

Yeah and with keybinds you gotta constantly look at your keyboard to press the right buttons.

Right?

I mean jesus, do you even realise how poor your arguments are? Like i said, do some 360 jumpshots as a clicker. You cannot claim clicking is bad in itself untill you do that.

Deleted
    Yeah and with keybinds you gotta constantly look at your keyboard to press the right buttons.

Right?

I mean jesus, do you even realise how poor your arguments are? Like i said, do some 360 jumpshots as a clicker. You cannot claim clicking is bad in itself untill you do that.
    And here you have the perfect example of why people suck in games - they always think they are right regardless of how utterly stupid the scenario is

I mean you are comparing muscle memory + feeling your keyboard with muscle memory when clicking your keys on screen - close your eyes and you'll "see" how much more a clicker will fuck up compared to someone using keybinds using muscle memory (let me guess your mousearrow "feels" where it is on the screen when you touch your mouse right?.) - if you click you will have to look where you click at points whilst you never have to look at your keyboard due to feeling it + muscle memory.

But hey,guess thats a poor argument aswell so unfortunate - literally no way to help people like this.
    (Ive been clicking too when starting and yes you can easily reach glad,clear raids etc whilst clicking thats not the point,the point is you will have more overview and situational awareness by using keybinds and for some kind of playing this is a huge advantage.)

The fact that you wont be able to sustain a rotation with your eyes closed as a clicker proves that using keybinds just needs less input to pull off overall which means you can focus more on other things if you have proper binds - doesnt mean you cant do xxx as a clicker.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-04-17 at 08:37 PM.

I used to be a very good raider. But 2012 was the last time I set foot into a raid, and although I'm sure I still play way better than the usual casual WoW player, I'd probably underperform massively in any raid today. I'm just not up to speed at all and haven't trained that kind of "muscles" forever. The reason is: I don't care any more.

And there you have it. People don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    ofc you are not - its blizzard job - and its is utter blizzard fail at designing the game if players has to go to 10 non-affiliated with blizzard websites and 5 youtube channels to have basic understanding of gameplay

the devs are just shit at their job - they dont make the gameplay intuitive and its on them that people cant use more then 10% of their class potential.

its simply bad product design.

why do you think people imidiately fall in love with iphones ? not because they are ultra amazing but they are extremly intuitve and lets be honest retard-proof phones.

wow is not retard proof and you can see it when even if people try they reach maybe 30-40th percentiles at best.

7+ Year Old Account
    I admit I've never understood why people don't want to play their character at a decent level. I started playing wow when I was about 16 and always disliked the feeling of being lowest on the dps meters and wanted to feel like I was pulling my weight. Wow is a game that has incredibly simple classes and you can use almost any talents and be pulling decent numbers. When I join lfr and see people doing under 300k I just don't understand whats wrong with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ofc you are not - its blizzard job - and its is utter blizzard fail at designing the game if players has to go to 10 non-affiliated with blizzard websites and 5 youtube channels to have basic understanding of gameplay

the devs are just shit at their job - they dont make the gameplay intuitive and its on them that people cant use more then 10% of their class potential.

its simply bad product design.

why do you think people imidiately fall in love with iphones ? not because they are ultra amazing but they are extremly intuitve and lets be honest retard-proof phones.

wow is not retard proof and you can see it when even if people try they reach maybe 30-40th percentiles at best.
    You dont need to watch anything if you use your brain as its meant to: i think if spell A makes your spell B do a lot more damage for x time, you should make sure you can use spell B as much as possible in that window. Thats pretty intuitive imo(talking about mm hunt here). Or if you get a proc making your Spell A have no cost and do 400% more damage, you should click that the moment you get it. (Frost dk). Or if you pick have a passive as tank which makes any enemy with your ranged dot on them, do less damage to you, you should keep it on highest uptime as you can(guardian deuid). All those feel ‘intuitive’ to me but i still see 960-970 ilvl players who dont know those things. Not to mention, if boss spawns add that does 5 sec cast you should interrupt it(odyn in HoV) yet a lot of players dont. Its even in the in-game journal. But who bothers reading that, right?
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

And here you have the perfect example of why people suck in games - they always think they are right regardless of how utterly stupid the scenario is
    Right back at you, that door swings both ways.

I mean you are comparing muscle memory + feeling your keyboard with muscle memory when clicking your keys on screen - close your eyes and you'll "see" how much more a clicker will fuck up compared to someone using keybinds using muscle memory (let me guess your mousearrow "feels" where it is on the screen when you touch your mouse right?.) - if you click you will have to look where you click at points whilst you never have to look at your keyboard due to feeling it + muscle memory.
    Yes, i always know exactly where my mouse pointer is on the screen and i rarely look for it. Yes, i can close my eyes, not know where the pointer is at and click on any of my abilities. Yes, i can do my rotations just fine with my eyes closed.

Just because you cant do it, doesnt mean others cant do it. Thats called ignorance.

But hey,guess thats a poor argument aswell so unfortunate - literally no way to help people like this.
    (Ive been clicking too when starting and yes you can easily reach glad,clear raids etc whilst clicking thats not the point,the point is you will have more overview and situational awareness by using keybinds and for some kind of playing this is a huge advantage.)
    No, you will. Not everyone. You.

The fact that you wont be able to sustain a rotation with your eyes closed as a clicker proves that using keybinds just needs less input to pull off overall which means you can focus more on other things if you have proper binds - doesnt mean you cant do xxx as a clicker.
    Yes i can.

Yes, i always know exactly where my mouse pointer is on the screen and i rarely look for it. Yes, i can close my eyes, not know where the pointer is at and click on any of my abilities. Yes, i can do my rotations just fine with my eyes closed.

Just because you cant do it, doesnt mean others cant do it. Thats called ignorance.

Yes i can.
    You keep saying that, but there's just no proof of that...
    I can say that i can walk on water, but with no substansial proof of the deed, no one in their right mind will believe me. Because it defies logic.

As said earlier, you might be able to play extraordinary well for a Clicker, and you might actually perform very well on a target dummy.
    But not on a real boss with mechanics and deffinetly not in high end pvp

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted

Yes i can.
    then make a video with closed eyes - go ahead ill wait for that laugh but its not gonna happen anyway so i might aswell just end it for you right here.
    old post of you 2k14

"Yes, it is easier with keybinds, i've got no illusions there. The end result is the same tho. There is basicly no difference in performance. It can still be done with clicking, as is my only point."

So why do you even argue? With the same time input and learning time,keybinds are superior to clicking end of story. (cause it's easier just like you said)
    That a good clicker will be better at performance than someone new to keybinds is irrelevant to that matter - maybe you will get this at some point (doesnt matter how you play the game if you are willing to put time in and learn,yet this doesnt mean its the best.)

Just like a good runner can reach higher speeds than a bike if the one driving the bike just learned how to drive it - still the bike has a higher top speed overall.

If clicking would have even the slightest upside to keybinds then you would see top players do it - its a stupid argument but thats just how it is.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-04-18 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    My gf doesn't want to read up on things because she doesn't want other people telling her how to play, instead she plays the way she wants even if it's not optimal but she's also having more fun that way.
    But isn't it the only reason why people might tell her how to play? I mean is that so hard to read literall half a page of A4?