Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes you are, not finding bumblebees adorable is heresy of utmost severity.

Seriously though, I am happy they are making something else rather than raptor,wolf,horse number 3759332

People like the more whimsical out-there models. Warcraft has never been a realistic grimdark world, it's stylized, exaggerated, and colorful.

Less so than many of the asian MMOs, which are really out there. But WoW has much more whimsy then something like ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Am I the only one thinking these bee / frog / parrot mounts are just silly?
    I understand the art team got a lot more time now they don't have to think about tier sets , but they could spend that time designing cool mounts instead of stupid oversized critters to ride. It's like they are creating them with their brain turned off with the only goal to have one more mount to gate behind rep/achivement. I swear if they make us grind reps like in legion ,with the only incentive to go all the way to exalted being a fricking bee mount , I'm going to explode
    Stupid mount for a stupid expansion, are you really surprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Am I the only one thinking these bee / frog / parrot mounts are just silly?
    I understand the art team got a lot more time now they don't have to think about tier sets , but they could spend that time designing cool mounts instead of stupid oversized critters to ride. It's like they are creating them with their brain turned off with the only goal to have one more mount to gate behind rep/achivement. I swear if they make us grind reps like in legion ,with the only incentive to go all the way to exalted being a fricking bee mount , I'm going to explode
    Look at the story and class design the mounts are hardly the only stupid thing coming from Blizz.

boy do i love me some parrots in a no-flying-for-1.5years expansion

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Hey buddy.

How does having a large art team hinder the class design team? They don't work on the same things.

Let's say the art team has 15 people.

Class design/gameplay team has 12 people.

Now let's say their customer support team has 30 people.

Are you to assume that because customer support is double that of the art team, that art will be hindered because there are more people in customer support? It doesn't make sense because they are different teams.

Sure, the bee mount is weird and I'm not a huge fan. But them creating it takes NOTHING away from the other teams working on their own assets.
    Hi there, I'll help you with your math & logic. It seems like you're having a bit of trouble.

If there's resources to employ 100 dudes across multiple teams and you employ 50 as artists you're effectively hindering the other teams. Why? Because they have less resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    NO. I need 50 spears sticking out of everything on my horse! IF THEY AREN'T THERE I UNSUB. *foams at the mouth*
    And skulls. Can't forget the skulls.

In all seriousness though if they're going to make generic wolf/horse/raptor types I'd rather they go back and modernize all the old racial mounts. I've always loved the rams and wolves but they look very dated.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer animal mounts with minimal armor over any spiky/metal/covered beast we got many many of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    Hey, it might have a neat walking animation. You can scuttle around on a fat red pigeon for 1.5 years, it'll be hilarious.

I think silly mounts started around BC. Wrath had some awful ones too. From there on I don't know, stopped playing after wrath (did play a month of pandamon though).
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I think silly mounts started around BC. Wrath had some awful ones too. From there on I don't know, stopped playing after wrath (did play a month of pandamon though).
    To be honest it started in Vanilla, for no good reason they had to introduce armored mounts, and remove the old ones..

Back then you also had no choice of speed, now at least the level 20(then 40), mounts are still mostly unarmored.

Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    Did we REALLY not fly for 1.5 years in Legion though...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Stupid mount for a stupid expansion, are you really surprised?
    Petulant child warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Hey, it might have a neat walking animation. You can scuttle around on a fat red pigeon for 1.5 years, it'll be hilarious.
    they should've just upgraded the chicken mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Hi there, I'll help you with your math & logic. It seems like you're having a bit of trouble.

If there's resources to employ 100 dudes across multiple teams and you employ 50 as artists you're effectively hindering the other teams. Why? Because they have less resources.
    Except your shit analogy doesn't work for Blizzard, a massive multi-billion dollar company.

Plus, they do not hire like that for their teams. It's illogical. They hire exactly what they know they need for their teams. It's Blizzard, dude. They have no problem with resources/having the proper size teams.

In a smaller company you'd be right. An indie-dev that can only have 10 people and makes 8 of them artists is obviously going to have troubles. Blizzard won't because they can hire exactly what they need per team to get the work that needs doing, done properly. For Blizzard, size of different teams does not matter. Is this easy for your little brain to understand?

Gotta love some peoples hypocrisy though.

"OMG BLIZZARD STOP RESKINNING BOAR NUMBER 200234"

Blizzard make unique looking mounts.

"WTF BLIZZARD THESE SUCK"

It literally just proves people will bitch even when they get new things thereby proving that no matter what Blizzard do they cannot win.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    To be honest it started in Vanilla, for no good reason they had to introduce armored mounts, and remove the old ones..

Back then you also had no choice of speed, now at least the level 20(then 40), mounts are still mostly unarmored.
    Because it didn't make sense for Epic mounts to be recoloured versions of the regular ones. And this was when mounts cost a lot.

I'm very saddened by the release of mounts such as huge critters. They're probably running out of ideas.
    I've never understood how coming up with new, interesting ideas means they're running out of ideas.

If you want an example of when they were running low on mount ideas, look at WoD. Ten colours of wolf. Twelve colours of boar.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend, as I've been prophesying (with facts) for a while, the art team has got more budget than they should. Not only are they over producing which leads to stupid mounts but the fact that their team is bigger than it should is hindering other important aspects of the expansion. Such as pure gameplay.

I'm very saddened by the release of mounts such as huge critters. They're probably running out of ideas.
    Spoken like someone who knows literally nothing about game development just to get their hardon by bashing unrelated dev teams .

Also you have provided no facts whatsoever and no your personal ill-informed whims don't count as "facts".

- - - Updated - - -

Sweety you really shouldn't try to act condescending towards others especially when you use idiotic examples such as these and don't even see how it doesn't apply in this situation.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

You had to pay like 1000g for that epic mount. If my regular mount didn’t get an updated look I’d be pissed tbh. I farmed for months and months for that epic mount and I was proud of my swift ram.

Hey, those critter mounts also gave us the Fox mount which I love.

It's tikcol and his monthly developmentally-conceived trolling subject, just drop the argument & ignore.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.