Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Racials don't have to be beneficial.

I think it would be really bad ass for class fantasy if the Nightborne turned into withered. Now stay with me.

You have a week to go to Suramar and collect anient mana around the zone, if you don't replenish ancient mana within a weeks time, you turn into a withered and lose 10% to all of your damage and healing. (it won't be a lot of ancient mana so it's not a huge chore)

You have a week to do it so it won't be too terrible of an issue, and it always keeps you on that little brink of fear of losing dps at one point if you don't get it done. you will already know about ancient mana since you have to be exalted with the nightfallen to unlock the race to begin with.

It would be cool for class fantasy and I could also see other races having to do similar things but obviously not collecting ancient mana.

I would love to read some more expanding on this.

Edit: Totally forgot about them being cured by the fruit. Thanks to the people that expanded on the idea instead of just flaming.
    Last edited by -Gr-; 2018-04-17 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    I think it would be really bad ass for class fantasy if the Nightborne turned into withered. Now stay with me.

You have a week to go to Suramar and collect anient mana around the zone, if you don't replenish ancient mana within a weeks time, you turn into a withered and lose 10% to all of your damage and healing. (it won't be a lot of ancient mana so it's not a huge chore)

You have a week to do it so it won't be too terrible of an issue, and it always keeps you on that little brink of fear of losing dps at one point if you don't get it done. you will already know about ancient mana since you have to be exalted with the nightfallen to unlock the race to begin with.

It would be cool for class fantasy and I could also see other races having to do similar things but obviously not collecting ancient mana.

That idea is about as good as tomes for changing talents.....its just annoying and doesnt help you RP at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Your example isn’t lore friendly. Nightborne no longer turn into Withered.

Sometimes gameplay is a lot more important over fantasy. Remember when warlocks had to farm soulshards? Remember when hunters had to give up bag space to carry ammo? This withered idea reminds me a lot of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

I remember reading somewhere, no source, that american gamers cannot "lose" stuff. For instance having negative stats or something something that is normally permanent (see Ascension private server).

If blizz did this, they would give a very large stat, but remove it. For instance +5% Spirit, but you lose it if you haven't [DONE X].

So you would go back to Suramar because the fruit who cured you was just a tease?

10+ Year Old Account

Except they were literally cured of that condition by the player and the Arcandor.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Nightborne under Thalyssra (the ones we ally with) have eaten the fruit and no longer wither or suffer the addiction. Also, this sounds like a pain in the ass and 10% is a *huge* amount of damage and healing. Even 1% is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Good god that would be shit
    preach ma dude

Seems like a pretty controversial idea lol. Could see it fitting with the RP side of the community (if it fits lore and whatnot) but couldn't imagine anyone else enjoying it. Could only imagine having a void elf main through the expansion and after like a month being completely and utterly sick of wasting my time every week just to what feels like play my character "normally." Idk, personally I hate the idea but could see part of the community liking it.

Unless you gave them something that would outweigh this con, then no one would play that race probably. Gaming in general is going into the direction of "take a break whenever you want, come back and restart whenever you want".

If this was a requirement to get a bonus, then maybe. Then again, other races have such bonuses without doing chores so the bonus would have to justify doing that chore on weekly basis.

They don't have to be beneficial, but it helps if they're fun. This sounds like the antithesis of fun. Also as others have said, curing them of the withering was the plot of Suramar.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was much more excited by the title than the idea, unfortunately.

I would love more clever, silly, etc. "Race fantasy" abilities. Feel free to gate 'em, even.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

This would feel like a chore that you are forced to do just to play your class. Anything like this would have to be optional and provide a benefit for doing it, not take something away.

Deleted
    Its fun the idea and in lore theyre cured since the arcindor fully grew in the quest chain, they dont need ancient mana Crystals or turn in withered anymore.

I think it would have been cool if you were withered when you started at level 20, and worked your way up to getting a fruit once you hit 110

Deleted
    Please don't think of other ideas.

That would make sense if we didn't have the Arcan'dor. But we do.

Plus as people have mentioned it would feel like a chore due to being negative reinforcement. But if instead we got a buff that could only be obtained by collecting ancient mana, I'm sure more people would be OK with it. The main issue is we'd be doing that in a level 110 zone so they'd have to phase a crapton to scale from level 10 to make that work. Maybe even literally just let us get weaker versions of the three buffs available for ancient mana in Shal'aran.

Though I will say it would be cool if we had a few more withered-y body designs, kind of like lingering scarring.

And squinty eyes, give us those already! -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    I remember reading somewhere, no source, that american gamers cannot "lose" stuff. For instance having negative stats or something something that is normally permanent (see Ascension private server).

If blizz did this, they would give a very large stat, but remove it. For instance +5% Spirit, but you lose it if you haven't [DONE X].
    I think losing stuff can be very rewarding. Xcom for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I think losing stuff can be very rewarding. Xcom for example
    Game design for X-com=/ Game design for a MMORPG. Not to mention a completely different market.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi