Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance Worgen Female Model Edit

(In case you didn't know; new worgen/goblin models are coming in BFA. Blizzard has also confirmed they intend to lessen the chihuahua features of the femworgen) I figured that since Blizzard is finally working on the female worgen for realsies, it is a good time to post some suggestions for the model.

Here's some more in-depth reasoning of the edits:

The whole worgen female model is a clusterfuck of "do we make her cute or not". It appears they wanted to go for a muscular look, but then halfway through decided to keep the body nice, skinny and cute :3 teehee. Same for the face; snarly chihuahua from the side, no snarl/cutesy on the front. She has hideous, huge, bulging eyes but they appear to have heavy makeup for some reason.

The face: should be obvious honestly. Less chihuahua, more wolf. Note the nose as well. I would also be fine with a perma-snarl like the males have, but the current one is atrocious. I have left the whites of the eyes visible for a more feminine/humanized look, but would be fine without. The worgen female face should be able to display actual expressions and leave room for customization.

The hair: I don't mind the "mane is hair" -idea. What we have currently is just extremely poorly executed and severely lacks customization options.

The boobs: Current tits defy gravity like no other, and they have an odd cone shape. Boobs don't need to be big, but they shouldn't float, either. Not even muscular women have tits like this. I hope whoever designed the female worgen has seen an actual woman since then.

The body: As I said, the whole worgen female looks like they wanted to create something muscular but skinny-cutesy at the same time. I don't think it's a bad idea to make them muscular to the point of looking slightly masculine. The difference in the male/female body is already huge, why make the females look weak as well? I don't see any other reasoning for leaving the muscles out except that people might not find her attractive, which is odd considering how they designed the rest of her fearing people might find her attractive.

I was going for a look that fits the male worgen, but is a little more humanized to suit the general sexual dimorphism of the worgen and other races. I also didn't want to completely ditch the current model since the worgen are a playable race.

this edit looks very cool, i hope their fur looks more like fur with some 3d details.

10+ Year Old Account
    If remodeling is close to this I will be happy. Making it them look more wolf and muscular is a good choice. I also think taking the mane out for hair styles is a great for customization.

looks great!

Much needed... lets see if they fuck it up again...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the real one better, never had a problem with how they look.

i love it, but blizzard abandoned the realistic art style like 10 years ago, for the rather cartoonish style.
    god damn it, vanilla and the burning crusade had some cool aesthetics

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, i still prefer the models from cata alpha

Make em look like this and even I’d role one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    i love it, but blizzard abandoned the realistic art style like 10 years ago, for the rather cartoonish style.
    The artstyle has always had a *cartoony/styilized* look to it even back in Vanilla.

OT: Nice work but I think it would be nice as an option to still have the mane when worgen are updated.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also be fine with a perma-snarl like the males have,
    Neither gender should have perma-snarl, it makes exactly 0 sense and should be fixed for both of them in the update. Snarling should be their in-combat facial expression, they should not snarl out of combat.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

much better looking

i still gotta go with the beta versions of both male and female over this and currently in game

10+ Year Old Account
    finally doesn't look like a Disney character
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    WoW never EVER had a "realistic art style", not in its RTS origins, not from Classic forward. It's literally been the same all throughout.

TBC was like, hell imagined by Disney... Demons were made far less disney-esque with WoD 6.2/Legion than they were during TBC.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-04-18 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Meh, i still prefer the models from cata alpha

Still can't believe they moved away from it, that alpha model looks so much better than the live one. That said, OP's edit looks great too.

OP - I do like that edited version. So much better looking.

Beautiful edit, I hope they do something like that when they update the model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scenaturdist View Post

(In case you didn't know; new worgen/goblin models are coming in BFA. Blizzard has also confirmed they intend to lessen the chihuahua features of the femworgen) I figured that since Blizzard is finally working on the female worgen for realsies, it is a good time to post some suggestions for the model.

Here's some more in-depth reasoning of the edits:

The whole worgen female model is a clusterfuck of "do we make her cute or not". It appears they wanted to go for a muscular look, but then halfway through decided to keep the body nice, skinny and cute :3 teehee. Same for the face; snarly chihuahua from the side, no snarl/cutesy on the front. She has hideous, huge, bulging eyes but they appear to have heavy makeup for some reason.

The face: should be obvious honestly. Less chihuahua, more wolf. Note the nose as well. I would also be fine with a perma-snarl like the males have, but the current one is atrocious. I have left the whites of the eyes visible for a more feminine/humanized look, but would be fine without. The worgen female face should be able to display actual expressions and leave room for customization.

The hair: I don't mind the "mane is hair" -idea. What we have currently is just extremely poorly executed and severely lacks customization options.

The boobs: Current tits defy gravity like no other, and they have an odd cone shape. Boobs don't need to be big, but they shouldn't float, either. Not even muscular women have tits like this. I hope whoever designed the female worgen has seen an actual woman since then.

The body: As I said, the whole worgen female looks like they wanted to create something muscular but skinny-cutesy at the same time. I don't think it's a bad idea to make them muscular to the point of looking slightly masculine. The difference in the male/female body is already huge, why make the females look weak as well? I don't see any other reasoning for leaving the muscles out except that people might not find her attractive, which is odd considering how they designed the rest of her fearing people might find her attractive.

I was going for a look that fits the male worgen, but is a little more humanized to suit the general sexual dimorphism of the worgen and other races. I also didn't want to completely ditch the current model since the worgen are a playable race.
    Its a good edit. I'd certainly not object to the new model looking something like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Not a bad painting but it looks worse than what we have now. Looks like you put bat wings or ears. Her face looks lifeless. The hair looks like it doesnt belong. the mane is more fitting of the type of race. None of this fits the cartoonish style of wow. Yes some changes need to be made but a realistic style is not it!