Potential turned based winning exploit in PvP

Assuming that Classic WoW will be server VS server again with the same way of doing Battlegrounds

Little doubt Bnet integration will happen, we will be able to talk to friends on the other faction.
    While also having third party voice chat being very popular these days like Discord.

You could potentially strike a deal with friends, Queue up at the same time with 10 people on a countdown for WSG.
    If I remember it correctly. Battlegrounds had numbers, so you could check if both teams get the same one.

(A bit like we used to make 40man AV premades with "Preform AV Enabler Mod")

One team stays passive and gets farmed on the graveyard while the other team runs the flag.
    The round will be over very fast (6 min) and during the next round the other team returns the favor.

While this may be very boring, it will be very efficient to rack up those HK for ranking and reputation for gear.
    Possible also avoiding Queue times.

Not sure what a possible fix could be for this without breaking the "Classic Feel" other than making it a ban able offense.

Ofcourse we don't know what Classic WoW will be like, was just a random thought that i had.

I highly doubt PvP in Classic will function anywhere near it did back then. There are plenty of fixes, like breaking the AV enabler mod (like they did in TBC) or going and implementing more classic lite versions of those battlegrounds with modern features and touch ups.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

there's no way to do this without making it obvious, you could do it once or twice maybe but exploiting like this would get everyone involved suspended and honor gained would be removed or they would just reset you. This isn't the wild west like real vanilla, they will be tracking shit much closer and the bans will happen quickly and often for people intentionally trying stuff like this.

so yes, please do this and make it easier on me.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    But using discord and RealID is breaking the Real Classic Experience(tm) that all classic players really want! I can't imagine anyone wanting to do that
    Ily mmoc

did this with nightmares asylum with our alliance group on smolderthorn. worked pretty well doubt it work well in classic
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Blizzard can already track wintrading on live, so don't see why they won't in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Assuming that Classic WoW will be server VS server again with the same way of doing Battlegrounds

Little doubt Bnet integration will happen, we will be able to talk to friends on the other faction.
    While also having third party voice chat being very popular these days like Discord.

You could potentially strike a deal with friends, Queue up at the same time with 10 people on a countdown for WSG.
    If I remember it correctly. Battlegrounds had numbers, so you could check if both teams get the same one.

One team stays passive and gets farmed on the graveyard while the other team runs the flag.
    The round will be over very fast (6 min) and during the next round the other team returns the favor.

While this may be very boring, it will be very efficient to rack up those HK for ranking and reputation for gear.

Not sure what a possible fix could be for this without breaking the "Classic Feel" other than making it a ban able offense.

Ofcourse we don't know what Classic WoW will be like, was just a random thought that i had.
    You'd get banned for win trading, because Blizzard knows how to look for and track that now... The only reason it likely wasnt a bannable offense in vanilla is because they had no way to know it was happening, so even if it were bannable at the time they couldn't really enforce it unless someone in the group ratted you out... they do have ways to enforce it now, and it's currently bannable under their ToS/EULA IIRC.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Will classic pvp be a thing?

As I recall, it was all about who played the most right? Will people want to do that in 2018?
    absolutely people will.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

It'll be banable, it's win trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    The honor you gain from killing the same people over and over will decrease. Soon you won't be gaining anything if it's the same characters killing each other. Or did it reset between bgs?
    Would the honor gained from flag still make it worth it? I don't know

Yeah and then you get banned and lose all the hard work. People will try it but will be banned.

Will classic pvp be a thing?

As I recall, it was all about who played the most right? Will people want to do that in 2018?
    The Champion Rank 10 set is still pretty good, on par with MC gear. And not too hard to get.
    And has a 15% movement speed bonus in Feral Forms for the 3-set so pretty nifty for Druids.

As for me, I'm planning on making a Bear Druid and WSG Pants and AB shoulders from Exalted are BiS,
    with the Wrist being BiS for a very long time.

So I'll be in WSG and AB quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    The honor you gain from killing the same people over and over will decrease. Soon you won't be gaining anything if it's the same characters killing each other. Or did it reset between bgs?
    Yes this is why you just run flags and maybe get 50 HK or so from the grave yard kills in between.
    If I remember it correctly, the diminishing honor loss from killing the same target over and over only worked outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    Blizzard can already track wintrading on live, so don't see why they won't in classic.
    Thanks for the correct term: Win-Trading, looked it up. Already has been done on Live and people have been banned. Good news!
    Last edited by Hunterwep; 2018-04-18 at 10:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Win trading [and deliberately avoiding other pre-made teams] was already a thing in vanilla, especially at the top end.

I doubt they will forgo implementing the win trading detection they already have on live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    They wouldn't bother farming HKs (diminishing returns reset daily), but just 3 quick flag caps in under 5 min would be far greater honor per hour than trying to grind HKs anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember it correctly, the diminishing honor loss from killing the same target over and over only worked outdoors.
    The diminishing returns were active in BGs (which caused the required honor to rank up spike a lot after 1.12 cross-realm BGs), and reset daily.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    But using discord and RealID is breaking the Real Classic Experience(tm) that all classic players really want! I can't imagine anyone wanting to do that
    Did it with Vent on Laughing Skull, there were also the Private Laughing Skull forums back in the day where alliance and horde talked with each other. I can still remember a horde shaman named Wootmoo coming into Deus Vox Ventrillo and yelling for one shotting him at lumber mill with a Seduce, COE, Double Trinket, Soulfire combo that crit for 13k due to negative resists.

I mean I believe they'll play, but grind 24/7 for ranks?
    No doubt. I mean people do it on unoffical realms where they know the server can get shut down or removed at the whim of many different parties. Why not on an offical server?

I mean I believe they'll play, but grind 24/7 for ranks?
    Hmm, there may honestly be a few who will. But the majority will still partake in the Vanilla PvP scene, just not so vastly hardcore about it. In fact, if everyone progresses through the ranks slower due to the times, then it may actually be more enjoyable for the whole community.

Or it'll just implode lol

The vanilla honor system was a complete and total joke. The prestige system corrected the mistakes from the laughable vanilla honor system to give those who want to feel a sense of accomplishment without engaging in arenas/rbg. The honor system in vanilla was one of the worst aspects and biggest time sinks of the game. People account shared back then, played the role of cut throat stabbing their own friends in the back to get ahead and there was a lot of afking in battle grounds with people in their base just jumping up and down reaching rank 10+ with no punishment from blizzard.

The way we did it when our team met the top Horde team was, we fought hard to get that first flag, and whoever got it would get the win. The other team would just let them get the other two flags, because that was more efficient than a 30 minute 3-2 slog. We didn't need Discord to coordinate that. It was just human nature lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    The vanilla honor system was a complete and total joke. The prestige system corrected the mistakes from the laughable vanilla honor system to give those who want to feel a sense of accomplishment without engaging in arenas/rbg. The honor system in vanilla was one of the worst aspects and biggest time sinks of the game. People account shared back then, played the role of cut throat stabbing their own friends in the back to get ahead and there was a lot of afking in battle grounds with people in their base just jumping up and down reaching rank 10+ with no punishment from blizzard.
    YOu forgot the DDOS's players ahead of you on Monday evening so you could catch up and pass them......