Thread: Alpha Warriors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Dragon soul stance dance was awesome tbh.
    Glad you liked it, but I found having to macro stances into every ability to be close to the worst thing in the history of my WoW career.

And I'll always be a bit nostalgic for WOTLK arms world PVP/random BGs with Shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    What? The best Arms version is definitely Dragon Soul. It was a joke in MoP. Rend > Thunderclap > ? > Top of the meters in AoE (Was crap at ST). You played Arms only on Galakras (and Protectors if your guild had the balls to pack them) and in CM because Fury was garbage without gear.

That's why I always laugh when people talk about MoP's amazing class design. TG Fury needed 40%+ crit as well as Thok and Galakras's trinkets to function properly. And Arms barely worked in ST.
    I thought it was Moap where you had to game over power and stance dance like crazy? No matter which one catechism or mist I hated that style play.

The changes for Arms looks good to me. Fury isn't changing much. But as others have said, the current gear optimization sucks so there's no way to test how it will feel at 120, which is what actually matters. As far as the core rotational abilities though, I'm very pleased with the Arms changes. It should feel a lot less proc dependent than how it's been in Legion with the over-dependence on Tactician in its current form. Just the way Overpower now works makes the playstyle really fun, especially with the Dreadnaught talent. There's also multiple builds that are viable for both single target and AoE. I'm liking the changes so much that Arms will probably be my main in BfA to start.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I can only speak for fury and to me it still plays the SAME as legion. Oh no, now we have cd on gcd, sky is falling /s

That barely impacts anything, at least to me, the flow of the rotation is still the same as legion, (with inner rage build).
    If you think alpha fury plays the same as live fury you are actually brainless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear that anyone that says Fury BfA alpha with the 9% haste or whatever has the same flow and feel like current retail Fury has to have some sort of extremely severe sensory deficiency.

It's like comparing a shopping trolley to a McLaren 720S. Like what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    The changes for Arms looks good to me. Fury isn't changing much. But as others have said, the current gear optimization sucks so there's no way to test how it will feel at 120, which is what actually matters. As far as the core rotational abilities though, I'm very pleased with the Arms changes. It should feel a lot less proc dependent than how it's been in Legion with the over-dependence on Tactician in its current form. Just the way Overpower now works makes the playstyle really fun, especially with the Dreadnaught talent. There's also multiple builds that are viable for both single target and AoE. I'm liking the changes so much that Arms will probably be my main in BfA to start.
    I feel the same way at the moment - although it starts to get somewhat proc dependent as the fights get longer. I think the rage management portion at the beginning of the rotation is actually a solid implementation.

So we play a game with fury ! Will it sucks or not ... we will see it on highlevel content !

The lost of all our artefact weapon trait and the global cooldown sh..t piss me off a bit... plus the fact they aren’t changing anything or adding anything except nerf...
    Sounds like we’re back to where we were at the start of legion (remember nighthold... we were squishy and dead last...)

I have no hands on testing experience, but i've kept up to date on all changes made and have watched many videos of the specs in action.
    Arms is looking to be pretty great, which is actually shocking to me. Arms has been such an aids spec for so long at this point i forget how great it used to be. Colossus smash as a main ability has been holding it back for far too long, and the legion mastery being completely centered around it is so awful and stupid i can't even describe it it enough detail. Arms in WoD and legion is just 100% garbage in every way. BfA arms is improved so dramatically it's the spec i actually want to play.

Fury on the other hand has always been my favorite warrior spec and it's looking pretty fucked and gutted in BfA right now. Losing odyn's fury basically means losing vast majority of your AoE. Whirlwind and rampage cleave alone is pretty weak and won't cut it for most situations. Enrage was cut from 100% attack speed to 50% which seems like a completely pointless nerf to me, 2 extra seconds of duration is not enough compensation. Battle cry/Recklessness now only makes your abilities crit which again seems like a completely pointless nerf. Battle cry/recklessness is now back to a flat 1 min cooldown when right now it's closer to 30 seconds because of artifact traits and CoF, which is a bigger deal than most people realize. Basically fury now has weaker sustained damage, much weaker burst, and it bursts far less often. Not very good combinations.

Usually you'd think 4 months is plenty of time to make changes and fixes to specs, but this is blizzard we're talking about. They have a track record of just ignoring all class feedback in alpha/beta despite the best players of each class laying out the obvious issues with easy recommended fixes. This is on top of dozens of threads with hundreds of pages each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    If you think alpha fury plays the same as live fury you are actually brainless.
    Am i brainless? Aw, arent you cute and all?

Anyway, some facts for you buttercup

A legion warrior with 28% haste, 0 bis leggos and artifact weapon at 63 have 55 APM and 0% DOWNTIME.

A legion warrior with 34% haste, with helm and pants leggo and artifact weapon at 75 have 58 APM and 0% DONWTIME.

A legion warrior with 11% haste, 0 bis leggos and artifact weapon at 13, have 50 APM and 0% DOWNTIME.

An alpha BfA warrior starts with 21% haste without being a gnome or goblin, so pretty sure their apm will be between 50 and 55 APM, and guess what? Yup, still 0% DOWNTIME.

I also tested all 3 legion warriors above without the artifact, wielding the heirloom weapon of lvl 100, and guess wat? Haste didnt changed and neither did the APM and Downtime for each of them.

So, who's the brainless now? or @Gungnir, who has some sort of extremely severe sensory deficiency? If you think missing lets say, 7 actions per minute to be unplayable or slow af, well, keep with the salt and nonsense i guess.

So yeah, im going to say again, rotation wise they feel the same as legion, the battle cry or w/e the new name of the cd is, barely has ANY effect on the how the rotation feel/flow. There's not a single period that you have to wait for something to come off cd to hit a buttom or anything.

SO, like, what the fuck, give me what you guys are smoking to think fury on alpha is slow af and omg sky is falling unplayable.

Also to make it clear, im not speaking about damage or any of those shenanigans, im talking about purely how the rotation feels.

This is ofc my opinion and how i feel about the spec, i just dont like when ppl come out with bullshit preaching the spec is destroyed/unplayable or w/e when that's just not true.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2018-04-18 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, who's the brainless now? or @Gungnir, who has some sort of extremely severe sensory deficiency? If you think missing lets say, 7 actions per minute to be unplayable or slow af, well, keep with the salt and nonsense i guess.
    Downtime =/= fluidity and flow. :^)
    Clearly you are a special individual if you think that having all our offensive and movement abilities on the GCD along with a 9% haste character on Alpha is even close to comparable to current Legion warrior.

But hey, according to your logic, if we add a 6.5 second GCD to every ability it'd still be fluid and feels exactly the same as Legion warrior because you'd have 0% downtime.
    This is insanely flawed logic and I am not sure I have the patience nor resources to explain this to you in a coherent manner, since I lack the funding that Harvard gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we add 6.5 sec gcd to every ability then we would have downtime, unless we have 7 abilities on the rotation.

So before trying to educate someone else, may i suggest u to educate yourself first? Or that would be too much since you know, you lack the funding that Harvard gets.

Fury gameplay right now feels like your carrying around a thousand pound bag of rocks on your characters arms and back at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

If we add 6.5 sec gcd to every ability then we would have downtime, unless we have 7 abilities on the rotation.

So before trying to educate someone else, may i suggest u to educate yourself first? Or that would be too much since you know, you lack the funding that Harvard gets.
    You are apparantly the only person on all of reddit, the wow forums, and mmo-champion that notices no difference between current fury and alpha fury. Good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Fury gameplay right now feels like your carrying around a thousand pound bag of rocks on your characters arms and back at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

You are apparantly the only person on all of reddit, the wow forums, and mmo-champion that notices no difference between current fury and alpha fury. Good for you.
    Flatterer

But in all seriousness.

Legion rotation:

1) BT
    2) RB (with inner rage)
    3) FS until bt is out of cd.

Bfa fury

1)BT
    2)RB (inner rage)
    3) FS until bt is ready.

Unless blizzard increased the GCD from 1.5 sec to 2+ i really dont see how bfa fury warrior feels slower or less fluid.

This is excluding rampage and the cds ofc. Yes, battle cry is going to be 1 minute, instead of 50 secs (if you dont have elisande trinket)

The only diference is with more haste you use less furious slashes. So yeah, /shrug. If that makes me the only warrior that dont feel the spec unplayable/slower af, then, indeed, good for me.

Flatterer

But in all seriousness.

Legion rotation:

1) BT
    2) RB (with inner rage)

Bfa fury

1)BT
    2)RB (inner rage)
    3) FS until bt is ready.

Unless blizzard increased the GCD from 1.5 sec to 2+ i really dont see how bfa fury warrior feels slower or less fluid.

This is excluding rampage and the cds ofc. Yes, battle cry is going to be 1 minute, instead of 50 secs (if you dont have elisande trinket)

The only diference is with more haste you use less furious slashes. So yeah, /shrug. If that makes me the only warrior that dont feel the spec unplayable/slower af, then, indeed, good for me.
    Most people are uncomfortable with the whole of the gameplay, not the basic rotation which is the same.

Plus going from a decked out character to an alpha premade is a bit jarring, but that's not the problem.

Maybe it's just me, but I have sense of timing internally when playing that has been the same for a long time. The new GCD to so many abilities has disrupted that timing, making things feel awkward. Of course this will be adjusted with time, but the point people are making is that they like it the way it is.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-04-18 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    How can it play the same with the removal of OF and having both Reck and Avatar on the GCD? Add the removal of legendaries and a lot of passive from the artifcats, and the spec feels completely different. Sure, your core rotation has the same buttons as Legion (minus OF), but it feels horrible to play when you're used to the fast-paced feel of Fury on retail.
    Expecting a premade BFA warrior with shit starter gear to play like a Legion warrior with epics and legendaries, much less complaining about it, is kind of stupid.

I'll miss OF too but we've known, for a long while now, that most of this Artifact stuff wasn't carrying forward. And as far as the 'cds on GCD' thing goes, most of them have increased duration now to compensate. It really is not the huge 'ruins WoW' thing that people are making it out to be.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Expecting a premade BFA warrior with shit starter gear to play like a Legion warrior with epics and legendaries, much less complaining about it, is kind of stupid.

I'll miss OF too but we've known, for a long while now, that most of this Artifact stuff wasn't carrying forward. And as far as the 'cds on GCD' thing goes, most of them have increased duration now to compensate. It really is not the huge 'ruins WoW' thing that people are making it out to be.
    Instead of calling me stupid, re-read my post. I never expected Fury to play the same, there is no way it can with everything that made the spec removed. I was just baffled at that guy saying it plays exactly the same as on live servers.

Flatterer

But in all seriousness.

Legion rotation:

1) BT
    2) RB (with inner rage)

Bfa fury

1)BT
    2)RB (inner rage)
    3) FS until bt is ready.

Yeah, people haven't been playing Inner Rage for a long time now. Try Fury with all the proper legendaries as well as even full Heroic gear plus CoF, and it's a completely different spec than what you get at 109. You pretty much never need to use that shit ability that is Furious Slash for once.

Also, just by how much Rage current Fury generates compared to a barebone character on Alpha, there is no way they can play the same.
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2018-04-19 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fury war have the head/pants leggos with cof and she's still rocking with inner rage. Well, she dosent have 4 pc of tier 21 cuz rng been mean to me, but saying its a completely diferent spec than what i get at 109 is a bit of over dramatic isnt it?

And like i said on my first post, i was comparing fury warrior with inner rage build with bfa warrior with inner rage build.

You know i can spam furious strike non-stop and say OUR CLASS IS FLUID, NO DOWNTIME... wont make it enjoyable...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Its not just offensive cds, charge and leap? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Dragon soul stance dance was awesome tbh.
    I mean it was fun but let's not pretend it was anything more than just simply binding stance changing to all of your abilities.

As for BfA gameplay, there's really not much to talk about besides Arms right now, both Fury and Prot don't really have many changes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting