Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Am I expected to hate people who don't drink because they "seem superior"?

What the ...?

I drink but I stop when I am in an important period of my life, like this past year T_T, I can probably start drinking again in a few months and being passed out all day everyday again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    I drink and my girlfriend doesn't. It works out perfectly fine for us.
    Tell her to drink or it's over
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Lived all my life with a mother who didn't drink. I personally like to drink, but I couldn't care less if you don't.

Just don't snap at me if I ask if you want a drink. Although it's important to note here, it never happened.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    driving thier uber doesn't count as hanging out
    ....I don't have the time to be an Uber driver.

I mean legit hanging out at a bar. I get water, they get drunk, then I drive people home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Am I expected to hate people who don't drink because they "seem superior"?

What the ...?
    It's similar to vegans, actually. There are some non-drinkers who hate you because you drink.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

My brother doesn't drink. He just doesn't like the taste and rather not spend $2.50 or $3 per bottle when he could have unlimited refills on tea, soda and water whenever he hangs out at the bar with us.

It's his cash. If he doesn't want to drink alcohol, that's his choice. I can at least say his liver thanks him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's similar to vegans, actually. There are some non-drinkers who hate you because you drink.
    If it's truly similar to vegans, it means that its about individuals. I don't care if someone does or does not smoke or is a vegan as long as that person doesn't promote his/her way as the only way but I've never met anyone who doesn't drink and act superior to me.

I did meet some vegans who did though. My love for steaks was insulted as a crime that should be punished.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because God forbid you spend all night with some friends eating popcorn, playing Monopoly, drinking hot cocoa and soda, and catching up on whats going on in their lives. Such a tragedy to actually remember a party
    People still play monopoly? There are SO many better boardgames out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

people who straight up never drink a drop? i'll give them a shot, but we probably won't have anything in common.

now, people who don't smoke reefer should be purged from society.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I did meet some vegans who did though. My love for steaks was insulted as a crime that should be punished.
    Right? I'm an omnivore. Nature made us this way. We may discuss the methods we use to harness meat, or the amount we eat, but I can't get vitamins I need to survive from any other natural source. Just look at the shape of my teeth.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it would be much easier to find drinker acting superior towards non-drinkers than other way round.