Thread: Off hand again?

Deleted

Off hand again?

I haven't been able to get onto the Alpha. Now artifact weapons are dead. Do you think we can step away from the staff and use a one hand and off hand again like in WOD?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do this for every class.

No ability uses weapon damage for damage calculations any longer, there is no reason to continue to restrict people to using a 2H when their class can dual weild(like Brew Monks, UH/Blood DKs) or using DW when their class can use 2H(WW monks, Enh Shaman, Frost DK).

Auto attack based procs are covered by PPM, so before anyone mentions that, it's not an excuse for this restriction.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Only reason nobody used weapon damage for caluclations right now is cause Legion had relics and traits, for most classes the trait was better than the ilvl upgrade, ilvl upgrades directly mean more weapon damage. I suspect this will change with BFA when weapons no longer have traits on them that simply block you from equiping something with more damage on it.

Weapon dps in calculation 2h or dualwield doesnt matter. Weapon dps is most important.

But i hope they make dual wield weapons as a set. I dont wanna waste double effort for dual wield drops :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidhammer View Post
    Weapon dps in calculation 2h or dualwield doesnt matter. Weapon dps is most important.

But i hope they make dual wield weapons as a set. I dont wanna waste double effort for dual wield drops :/

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Only reason nobody used weapon damage for caluclations right now is cause Legion had relics and traits, for most classes the trait was better than the ilvl upgrade, ilvl upgrades directly mean more weapon damage. I suspect this will change with BFA when weapons no longer have traits on them that simply block you from equiping something with more damage on it.

To both of these.

In BFA weapon damage, and indeed DPS, do not matter for anything but auto attacks. All abilities are now scaled off of attack power, which is purely based on primary stats (Strength and Agility), so average item level of equipped weapons is all that matters, 2 ilvl 100 1h weapons will do the exact same ability damage as 1 ilvl 100 2h weapon. That should make the difference between them essentially cosmetic.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-04-17 at 01:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Weapon dmg effect skill dmg also

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/b...ability-damage

Alpha datamine shows only ap but in practice its effect skill dmg they found after a lot of try

I'm actually excited to use a 2hander for WW. I kinda hate not being able to see my weapon, feels naked LOL give me WW Monk with Staff yusss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm actually excited to use a 2hander for WW. I kinda hate not being able to see my weapon, feels naked LOL give me WW Monk with Staff yusss
    Fairly sure you wouldn't really see the weapon much anyway, since the majority of our attacks are kicks and punching.

It's still cool seeing it on the back bit like brewmaster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    You will most likely NOT use 2-handers for WW in BfA. Fists of Fury still requires an off-hand weapon to use. Also Blackout Kick has a new calculation that factors in OH weapon dps. Otherwise, it would do less damage with a 2-hander than it would with dual welding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    You will most likely NOT use 2-handers for WW in BfA. Fists of Fury still requires an off-hand weapon to use. Also Blackout Kick has a new calculation that factors in OH weapon dps. Otherwise, it would do less damage with a 2-hander than it would with dual welding.
    ah fair enough.. i'll be maining MW anyway so it's no major issue