Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    They do not sell atmosphere, they encourage an atmosphere that has people hanging out for periods of time, SOLELY to sell more coffee, because, thats what they sell.
    No, their model is to have a place for people to sit after buying the coffee. The main priority is moving the line. If a sitter happens to come back for a refill, it's the most annoying thing possible.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's literally not how Starbucks works and that's not their policy and the fact that head of the company says that's not how things work in his company who the fuck are you saying he is now wrong?

Starbucks doesn't sell fucking coffee Starbucks sells atmosphere that's why people go to Starbucks, that's why they stay and wait in line for several minutes for a drink that cost 2-3x as much anywhere else, because of the atmosphere which is what their main differentiation is.

They like to be a destination where people can go, relax, write their book, do homework, have meetings, have some coffee or snacks during that entire time at some point, but a lot of people don't buy something first and then relax, they often go, begin whatever they were doing and maybe an hour later they may buy something.

- - - Updated - - -

everyone else in the venue was like "what the fuck" and they've met that guy several times according to the video as well.
    So if that is not how Starbucks works then how come I can only use the restroom at certain locations with a combination password supplied to me at the bottom of my receipt after I have made a purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybacon1512 View Post
    So if that is not how Starbucks works then how come I can only use the restroom at certain locations with a combination password supplied to me at the bottom of my receipt after I have made a purchase?
    That's in regards to the toilet. Not in regards to staying at the place there is seat priority only when the stores are packed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what the bigger overreaction is, Starbucks doing what its gonna do for like a day, or the people on this thread.

Epic fail starbucks.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just offer discount / up-charge depending on their SJW spectrum of human value, this will solve all of their PR problem.

15+ Year Old Account

Good for them, but it doesn't change the fact that their so called baristas can't make a good regular cup of coffee. In the times that I have gone there over the past few years, it is either watered down or has coffee grounds in it. To top it off they don't brew dark roasts after 12pm? Like seriously? There's no fucking way that I am going to drink a medium roast in the afternoon, way too much caffeine for that time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I'm sure this is the first time anyone's been asked to leave a business.
    But the patrons were black, so any criticism of their actions/behaviour is racist.

After all, can you imagine a non-paying, rude, non-compliant white male who asks to use the bathroom being asked to leave? Who woulda thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    if their main selling point was coffee why do they spend so much time researching and fine turning atmosphere? Dunkin donuts sells coffee tens of thousands of bodegas sell coffee, only one of them has invested in selling an atmosphere.

Also you say I'm over thinking this but this is the word from fucking Starbucks themselves
    I love how you refuse to admit that they sell coffee when they do in fact have coffee on the menu.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I love how you refuse to admit that they sell coffee when they do in fact have coffee on the menu.

This is stupid. They sell coffee but coffe is not what they’re “selling”. There’s a very clear difference from a marketing and business strategy perspective which you all feel like ignoring despite Starbucks saying the exact thing I am. Most businesses don’t want to suffer from marketing myopia. “We don’t sell coffee we sell an experience “ “we aren’t a cell phone company we are a company that brings people together through connectivity” that last one positions them so people think of them when they want to connect for any connectivity product not just phones.

Deleted
    Hey btw, whatever happened to that plan they had at Starbucks to employ 10.000 immigrants/refugees?

Something seems off if a company is trying so hard to signal virtue yet is also racist in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Hey btw, whatever happened to that plan they had at Starbucks to employ 10.000 immigrants/refugees?

Something seems off if a company is trying so hard to signal virtue yet is also racist in practice.
    It's probably ongoing. Their similar veterans plan was successful so I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefiend View Post
    Why is Starbucks acting like they weren't in the right on this one?

Starbucks isn't a public space, nobody has a right to be there. Their restrooms aren't for public use, they're intended for paying customers.

They still refused to buy anything.

Then they were asked to leave.

They refused to leave.

Now they're trespassing. While I don't think handcuffing them was necessary, neither Starbucks or the police did anything wrong. You can argue all you want about how it LOOKED, or that it wasn't worth the time, or whatever. The policy is that restrooms are for paying customers, and when asked to leave a private business, the men refused and had to be removed by force.

There is no story here, and Starbucks is just pandering at this point.
    Yep, pretty much this. Also shit, that’s a lot of lost revenue. Why didn’t they offer to just donate all profits from that day’s sales to good causes if they actually wanted to do some good? Not a retarded, shit organization like BLM, but something involving helping black people or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, it's always good for the racists to have an alternative business that they can pretend agrees with them.
    Preferring Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks makes you racist now?

LMFAO, only on MMO-Champ

Deleted
    I've stopped watching all comedy because all I have to do is look at USA and I get my laughs for the entire week.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Preferring Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks makes you racist now?

LMFAO, only on MMO-Champ
    I'm not sure why you're surprised at this. I'm sure they would say that eating peanutbutter and jelly is racist too.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, it's always good for the racists to have an alternative business that they can pretend agrees with them.
    Or maybe the fact Dunkin Donuts is more preferred to people in the Northeast where you know Dunkin Donuts is from and Starbucks isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill just keep enjoying my Stumptown.

Whatever you believe that happened, I think it's a great idea for a place to take this training seriously.