7+ Year Old Account

Azerite is really a need?

Question to all the ones that are playing BOA beta.. can I play the game without mining for Azerite? Legion was cool but I am sick of the whole level up your artifact deal. Thanks for any replies.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course you can you will just be much much weaker.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Azerite is automaticly added to the necklace power level when rewarded doing various things, so far seen it from quests, daily dungeon, and some rares.

Island mode is just an optional activity and just because it's a race for Azerite, doesn't mean you get it all added to your necklace per run.

Helm/Shoulder/Chest piece will be much weaker with no Azerite, as they are just a bunch of Stamina/Mainstat otherwise.

Necklace itself went up 1 itemlevel per azerite level on alpha as well, lots of secondary stats from there.

It's just the rate of Azerite gain right now is just as slow as Artifacts pretty much were during leveling with no Artifact Knowledge.

But I can see a % modifier going in again at max level, and bigger base-rewards as well.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-19 at 04:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    so what you are saying is most of my gear will stay the same I will just have to transmog it as I am doing various quests..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    so what you are saying is most of my gear will stay the same I will just have to transmog it as I am doing various quests..
    No, your neck stays the same, Azerite armor (helm/shoulder/chest), are replaced, and the powers they give vary per item and necklace level.

Very limited example from Alpha :

Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-19 at 04:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Of course you can you will just be much much weaker.
    Weak is okay, my raiding days are done, except maybe normal for fun. I just don't want to log in and get a quest you have to collect 100000 azerite pieces.. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    No, your neck stays the same, Azerite armor (helm/shoulder/chest), are replaced, and the powers they give vary per item and necklace level.

Very limited example from Alpha :

Wow so my gear now has it's own passives.. are they doing away or nerfing racial passives?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weak is okay, my raiding days are done, except maybe normal for fun. I just don't want to log in and get a quest you have to collect 100000 azerite pieces.. lol.
    I didn't raid much in Legion either, so I never went crazy to max my artifact, just early on the whole Artifact knowledge being different per alt was annoying but I think they just make it game-wide now, so everyone who joins late got the same modifier anyway.

Right now any new Legion characters gets like 4 billion AP from 1 quest instead of like 200 and having to build their artifact knowledge.

Deleted

Wow so my gear now has it's own passives.. are they doing away or nerfing racial passives?
    I’m not in beta but I assume there will be a quest like that to introduce the player to it and explain why we need more.

As for racials, no. But that is a different discussion and you’re much better off reading alpha news. Easier for everyone.

Yes, azerite is a resource that is required to progress your character. You get it from playing the game. If you want to play the game but actively avoid any kind of progression, that's your decision.

- - - Updated - - -

The artifacts are going away so the new armor pieces that are powered by the heart of azeroth are their new way to give you more customization options. If you just do the quests and play normally you should get more than sufficient amounts of azurite powering up your heart of azeroth without really going out of your way. Only the most bleeding edge raiders need to worry about grinding for it pretty much same as AP was in legion. You get enough just doing normal stuff to do normal content fine.

They are removing raid tier sets. The azerite armor effects are to replace that.

I never cared enough about AP to actively farm it and I have 80/75/75 levels on my weapons.

My guess is that the catch up mechanism in BfA will keep your Azerite gear usable without having to put extra work into it.