Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    Yeah trust in Blizz. They have a whole 4 months to figure it out...
    If in doubt: "Azerite raid items will fix it!", that is the matra of people in denial .

Anyway, not really a big fan of the curernt state of the DK. If we had at least kept the mirror ball feature, I think I will miss that the most (about frost). Unholy being as slow as watching the pitch in a pitch drop experiment, doesn't bode well either. I expected things to be cold turky for some classes when blizzard forces us to come off a system that was clearly never sustainable, but I didn't expect that they'd literally do that to 95% of the specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    DH has superior mobility and very good soaking capabilities, on top of now being one of the few specs with aoe stun.
    Mobility isn't unique raid utility though. Monks have that too. Soaking capabilities is barely utility, but again, rogues do this one better. The stuns are being pruned in BFA.

I like your attempt at grasping for straws though. DH brings no real unique raid utility.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fheng View Post
    Yea your eyes aren't deceiving you. I logged on Alpha to check out some dk changes because i want to main a melee next xpac in pvp next xpac and i saw that it was literally the same as live and i was extremely disappointed and just logged off the dk lol. The only good thing they got was is 2 new spells which was the old deaths advocate or whatever it was called where you cant be slowed below a certain speed and they got icy touch dispel glyph as a baseline spell for unholy and frost which is super cool and im sure it will be used in some pve mechanics and maybe in m+ too so at least they got that going for them. Hopefully we get some new abilities or some newly designed talents for death knights.

Edit: also as unholy, playing without apoc is really unsatisfying and feels super clunky honestly. i hope they decide to add it as a baseline ability which i know posting that here wont mean anything just figured id add that. Just seems they are taking away too much again and leaving us with little to nothing to use.
    I wouldn't be to unhappy about not seeing changes. This just means they are happy with how they are. Look at the other classes and see how much stuff they have lost. I'm very happy that frost more or less plays the same and I hope that stays the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If in doubt: "Azerite raid items will fix it!", that is the matra of people in denial .

Anyway, not really a big fan of the curernt state of the DK. If we had at least kept the mirror ball feature, I think I will miss that the most (about frost). Unholy being as slow as watching the pitch in a pitch drop experiment, doesn't bode well either. I expected things to be cold turky for some classes when blizzard forces us to come off a system that was clearly never sustainable, but I didn't expect that they'd literally do that to 95% of the specs.
    blizz stated from the start artifacts wouldn't go forward....Idk why peoplethink thiswouldn't be the case. I'll agree blizz still needs to do another pass on classes but we're still in alpha and changes are still coming. Once beta hits, I think that's when we need to start getting pissed off.

Unholy feels extremely boring to play right now on the Alpha. The removal of Apocalypse and the golden traits makes the specc feel extremely simple and basic.

- Also im really hoping that they will remove the RNG part from Festering strike and make it a flat 4 stacks per strike.
    - Double doom should be added as a passive.
    - The Shambler trait will be missed too.
    - Some talents like [Debilitating Infestation] need to be removed and replaced with something more useful.
    - I would love to see [Clawing Shadows] replacing Scourge Strike as a base spell. [Clawing Shadows] can be replaced with a talent that makes Festering Strike+Melee attacks ranged. With this small change Unholy can be a 30 yards ranged class

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    blizz stated from the start artifacts wouldn't go forward....Idk why peoplethink thiswouldn't be the case. I'll agree blizz still needs to do another pass on classes but we're still in alpha and changes are still coming. Once beta hits, I think that's when we need to start getting pissed off.
    That is absolutely besides the point. No one was expecting artifacts to stay. What happened though was that Blizzard butchered all classes before legion to give them something back that people could gain via artifact weapons. Furthermore during the last 1.5 years, and soon closer to 2, Blizzard changed many classes in an arduous iterative process, only to throw it all out of the window the way it looks atm. For Frost DKs, for example, that means we will lose things like the some-what decent scaling with mastery again, an abilitiy, which by now is rather iconic, and to top it off our talent tree is still some fucked up garbled mess after their bandaid fix (crushing nerf) to BoS, which just resulted in a couple more dead talents in our talent.. no, perks page! Unholy currently is back from being a master of minions to the only class that still employs the backwards combo-point system in all but the name. And well for blood, by the looks of it blood will be the same mess as all the other tanks and in the end it will just come down to how they tune our heal/shield mechanic.

And as far as "but let's wait for beta" goes, Blizzard themselves tout that beta is just around the corner, damn, it has to be, there are only 4 months left, less if we actually go by pre-patch, and there is a lot left to do as well. The classes (not just DK, we are just as stale as ever) don't need tweaking, they need some core class designs looked at. I guess at least one of our specs isn't as utterly broken as back when legion launched and they had deploy some emergency buffs because no one was playing the thing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is absolutely besides the point. No one was expecting artifacts to stay. What happened though was that Blizzard butchered all classes before legion to give them something back that people could gain via artifact weapons. Furthermore during the last 1.5 years, and soon closer to 2, Blizzard changed many classes in an arduous iterative process, only to throw it all out of the window the way it looks atm. For Frost DKs, for example, that means we will lose things like the some-what decent scaling with mastery again, an abilitiy, which by now is rather iconic, and to top it off our talent tree is still some fucked up garbled mess after their bandaid fix (crushing nerf) to BoS, which just resulted in a couple more dead talents in our talent.. no, perks page! Unholy currently is back from being a master of minions to the only class that still employs the backwards combo-point system in all but the name. And well for blood, by the looks of it blood will be the same mess as all the other tanks and in the end it will just come down to how they tune our heal/shield mechanic.

And as far as "but let's wait for beta" goes, Blizzard themselves tout that beta is just around the corner, damn, it has to be, there are only 4 months left, less if we actually go by pre-patch, and there is a lot left to do as well. The classes (not just DK, we are just as stale as ever) don't need tweaking, they need some core class designs looked at. I guess at least one of our specs isn't as utterly broken as back when legion launched and they had deploy some emergency buffs because no one was playing the thing.
    Honestly frost feels about the same as live as it does on alpha, playing obliteration. Haven't tested unholy yet. Most the classes are in the same shape though so really they have a lot of tuning that needs to happen, otherwise if nothing happens then everything will be broken and shit so Idk I'd wait and see. But I'm also a player that says fuck it and just deals with that I have to work with and I don't really give a fuck as long as I'm having fun, which to,me, frost is fun right now on alpha.

than maybe it's time to not rant but actually test, and provide costructive feedback on alpha forums with many people so blizz will notice thread and it won't be sunken under ton's of flood?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    than maybe it's time to not rant but actually test, and provide costructive feedback on alpha forums with many people so blizz will notice thread and it won't be sunken under ton's of flood?
    Aren't you a joker. Seriously, the alpha forums are full with feedback, lots a honeyed words as well, because people fear to offend blizzard. Sadly I can't post on the class specific forums, because Blizzard doesn't want feedback from non-US customers. Not that there is much of an indication that blizzard actually listens to feedback, even if you can post on the US forums.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-20 at 11:06 AM.

Aren't you a joker. Seriously, the alpha forums are full with feedback, lots a honeyed words as well, because people fear to offend blizzard. Sadly I can't post on the class specific forums, because Blizzard doesn't want feedback from non-US customers. Not that there is much of an indication that blizzard actually listens to feedback, even if you can post on the US forums.
    you not get it. this depends on how this "feedback" provided. You can have 10 thread wich will be lost after 1 day. or you can create 1 thread and try to keep it popular, so blizzard will see it. (like this "High elves" thread). You see - 1days thread are lost, because people don't comment in it so "nobody cares". or you can post in threadh with 1-3 pages every day and it's keep sitting on first page. so blizzard can at least notice it. Problem is that half of posts are just rant of people like "my class nerfed", "blizzard broke things again", "gimmeback 2handed dps (sorry can't hold myself)" and etc.

edit: oh and let's don't forget that something like "spec feel boring" or "without traits spec feel blad" or "i am just too slow during leveling" is... not healthy, because blizzard can just answer with "wait for the azerite armor" and they will be right.
    test it with everything you have on alpha, maybe logs too, say why *** should be added and how one talent must be deleted/reworked/tweaked. and compile it in one thread with disscusion why where and who and how.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-20 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellreaper Name changed from "Longstrider" to "Spellreaper". Increases your movement speed by 0% of your highest secondary rating, up to 0%. When you successfully dispel an effect with Reap Magic, gain 0 Absorb for 20 sec

Great... We lost any chance of getting the old pre-legion mobility back.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

General disscusion:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814308/
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/19369780/

class development
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/19369588/
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814068/

and really. i look on this forums and don't see any actuall readable feedback about unholy or frost. Only 2 threads are like wall of text, wich is hard to read. and others are like "DK back to WotLK", or "grip to dps specs", or even nonexistant. Keep one big thread about your specs, make it stay visible even if you recieve minor changes. Blizzard must see that many people care and what they care about (actuall spec, not something like "2hand back to frost please")

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Unholy feels extremely boring to play right now on the Alpha. The removal of Apocalypse and the golden traits makes the specc feel extremely simple and basic.

- Also im really hoping that they will remove the RNG part from Festering strike and make it a flat 4 stacks per strike.
    - Double doom should be added as a passive.
    - The Shambler trait will be missed too.
    - Some talents like [Debilitating Infestation] need to be removed and replaced with something more useful.
    - I would love to see [Clawing Shadows] replacing Scourge Strike as a base spell. [Clawing Shadows] can be replaced with a talent that makes Festering Strike+Melee attacks ranged. With this small change Unholy can be a 30 yards ranged class
    I don't know how many times that pos Shambler would spawn in the worst position possible during a M+ run and pulls an extra pack or two. How could you miss it?

I def see Frost DK's getting a pretty large dps incresae (probably just a flat 20-30%) on Alpha, The only spec that I've seen that is noticeable worse is Boomkin (and even they barely do less damage than Frost).

Now alot of the specs I logged with were running KJ's trinket, which is pretty retarded broken atm (does like 20% of people damage) but on normaly ST with everyone using a standard legendary, Frost is really medium to low. (Warriors/Mages/Locks are insane atm)

ST is pretty low-medium, stacked AoE is fine but only if you take Scythe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are they bringing back Runestrike? Why is no one talking about that?

I wonder what purpose it will serve for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Are they bringing back Runestrike? Why is no one talking about that?

I wonder what purpose it will serve for blood.
    It's a clunkier version of rune tap?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-21 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Runestrike is a talent, 1min cd 2 charges grants 1 rune and does decentish dmg.

There is a blue post saying that changes are coming for UH and Frost DK's but there is something wrong when you hear that and get worried rather than looking forward to it....
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    There is a blue post saying that changes are coming for UH and Frost DK's but there is something wrong when you hear that and get worried rather than looking forward to it....
    You can almost guess what they will do. Artifact abilities somehwere where they already compete with strong skills. So for frost for example I could see HRW or BoS take the fall for Sindy. For unholy it will probably be soulreaper or defile, i could also see them change it for epidemic somehow. Just looking at the other classes paints a rather bleak picture, but essentially it just get's shoved in the tier that represents similar use-cases, so for Apo it would be burst dps probably and for Sindy burst AoE/CC.

If we get the same reshuffling as other classes, then chances are BoS will move in the same tier as Frost Scythe and maybe they could add Sindy there as well (maybe replace glacial advance..), then there could be a tier with pasive AoE with GS, avalanche and FP. Certainly wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-25 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than Blood not really...keep hoping maybe Unholy will get Apocalypse back in some way, shape, or form.

" We’ve still got a few changes coming soon in the Beta to Unholy Death Knights, Frost Death Knights, and Protection Warriors."

From the frontpage. Lets hope the best