Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterus View Post
    You certainly have a very vibrant imagination, you should get into writing fiction.
    I see the pre-spin cycle is already preparing for what I said. Confirmation is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I seriously doubt that when someone shouts something at you - you react positively to it.
    Think from Kim's perspective. He isn't all that rational and he might actually got scared when someone finally pushed back.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You just reiterated something stupid. You didn’t answer the question.
    I did. Not my problem if you can not figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Think from Kim's perspective. He isn't all that rational and he might actually got scared when someone finally pushed back.
    That's a good point. His people are also hurting and the sanctions are making their conditions worse.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The thing is... in all honesty (and I loathe myself saying it) we hardly know anything about Kim. We have stories produced from his enemies. "secrets revealed by agents"

Now I am not one that will defend this guy saying he is in fact good. But I will however take everything concerning his mental health or intelligence with a truckload of salt until proven otherwise by a non biased source.

Honestly these days I cannot even take our own Dutch news or government 100% serious anymore. And it is not that I feel they do it intentionally. I just feel that no one really does any great research or relies on false intelligence from for example: The US or the UK. Or any country that would gain any benefit from such stories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There are always negotiations, welcome to international relations.

Nuclear power is leverage.
    Yeah! There has been alot of negotiations the last decade! Amarite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Do not get so uptite over someone disagreeing with you. I know the history of NK and the US. The current leader of NK has only had to deal with Trump and Obama. Which is what I was referring to. And Obama was a wimp. Remember his famous red line in the sand, that Russia and Syria ignored, because they knew he would not do much?
    The new boy in charge of North Korea is not doing anything new and Trump isn't even doing anything new aside from behaving like a child on twitter. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, what Trump has done by doing this summit is basically a huge mad gamble. His meeting that he agreed to without any negotiations gives Kim legitimacy on the world stage and North Korea has a long history of not following through with agreements.

I am not being uptight I do think you have fallen on your head if you believe Kim has just suddenly changed his mind because of Trump but it could just be your blind love for him. The only thing that I agreed with on the Trump campaign was his view on foreign policy and he is failing miserably from gutting the state department to bombing Syria with no plan but hey I am sure you think he is doing awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

More scared of a few angry tweets than losing the sole reason he is still in power (nuclear weapons)? if you believe this then I have a bridge to sell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    More scared of a few angry tweets than losing the sole reason he is still in power (nuclear weapons)? if you believe this then I have a bridge to sell you.
    He's still just a big child that always lived in a golden cage.

He turned out to be more like a bully than his father and grandfather because of his upbringing (for a part in a private school in Switzerland).
    What happens when you don't oppose a bully? He continues. What happens when he is directly confronted by someone yelling back in the same tone of voice? He will get scared.

He's still just a big child that always lived in a golden cage.

He turned out to be more like a bully than his father and grandfather because of his upbringing (for a part in a private school in Switzerland).
    What happens when you don't oppose a bully? He continues. What happens when he is directly confronted by someone yelling back in the same tone of voice? He will get scared.
    You just said he is rational, he killed his brother, uncle, generals who wielded power in the country and god knows who else and you think that Donald Trump scares him? this isn't the playground in school, Trump's words are great for Kim he has used them for his propaganda machine. The situation in North Korea is one of mutually assured destruction China and South Korea are the only ones that matter here.

Again I have a nice shiny new bridge I assume you will be ready to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    If it works out (and that's a big if), this is probably the most impressive example of diplomatic brinkmanship since the Cuban Missile Crisis
    The Cuban Missile Crisis wasn't brinkmanship, it was a backroom deal. We stuck missiles next to the Soviets, so they did the same thing to us. We then secretly made a deal to remove ours if they removed theirs. Basically, we threatened someone, they threatened back, we caved and everything got reset back to normal. I mean, it's great we didn't stand by our mistake and push into war, but... that situation isn't exactly what I would call a triumph for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, he held until he had an actual hand to play. I find it far more likely that what brought him to the table was that he finally had real leverage, versus him just getting "scared" of a Twitter post...

Not saying that's the main reason, but it's the only thing that was different last year compared to the 60 year before that.
    Aye it was Trumps tweets that has brought NK to the table. Definitely the only change in the last 60 years......oh and having a viable Nuclear deterrent rather than an aspiration.

It would be silly to even suggest that the thing that has spurred this event was NK having some leverage outside of blowing Seoul to kingdom come.

So yeah, definitely Trump on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The new boy in charge of North Korea is not doing anything new and Trump isn't even doing anything new aside from behaving like a child on twitter. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, what Trump has done by doing this summit is basically a huge mad gamble. His meeting that he agreed to without any negotiations gives Kim legitimacy on the world stage and North Korea has a long history of not following through with agreements.

I am not being uptight I do think you have fallen on your head if you believe Kim has just suddenly changed his mind because of Trump but it could just be your blind love for him. The only thing that I agreed with on the Trump campaign was his view on foreign policy and he is failing miserably from gutting the state department to bombing Syria with no plan but hey I am sure you think he is doing awesome.

- - - Updated - - -
    I was hit in the back of the head once with a pair of brass knuckles. lol. Was only a glancing blow, or I might not be typing this now.

Trump has said recently he hopes the meeting is successful. but he is prepared to walk away if Kim is not willing to agree to some important conditions. We shall see. I personally hope it does result in a peace treaty which makes the countries involved feel safer. And yes, the world and I will give some credit to Trump if it does turn out that way.

I think he is doing a great job with foreign policy. Not perfect, but no one is. You can continue to wallow in your hatred of him all you want however. And show it at the polls next time.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I for one say let the Trumpers claim victory here. If it makes them FEEL better than whatever we can ignore the change in South Korea leadership last year that promised to engage North Korea rather then take a hard line like previous South Korean leaders. Ignoring facts to please Trumper FEELINGS is fine because it's better then them bottling this energy up and then shooting up our high schools/places of work/worship, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    I for one say let the Trumpers claim victory here. If it makes them FEEL better than whatever we can ignore the change in South Korea leadership last year that promised to engage North Korea rather then take a hard line like previous South Korean leaders. Ignoring facts to please Trumper FEELINGS is fine because it's better then them bottling this energy up and then shooting up our high schools/places of work/worship, etc...
    The only known for sure political shooting, was by a registered Democrat voter against some Republicans at a ball game. Besides, no treaty just yet. Celebrating now would be premature.

Yes, it is good news for the world. But the Trump haters will not give him any credit for it. But trade sanctions and a tough stance against NK , getting China to help pressure NK, has been the results of Trump's influence. I hope it does lead to what it looks like it might. It will be a another win notch for Trump.
    Trump didn't do anything, though...if anything it seemed like he was deliberately trying to escalate tensions with NK. China brokered this with South Korea's involvement.

Actually now that I think about it, you might be right on some level--tensions with the globe and North Korea didn't de-escalate until Trump decided to start a trade war with China, which clearly pissed them off lol. So I suppose you can thank Trump for pissing off China to the point that they decided to steal Trump's thunder from him and handle negotiations themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    No, I'm sorry we should not. We can give Trump credit for things he has actually done but this is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Trump didn't do anything, though...if anything it seemed like he was deliberately trying to escalate tensions with NK. China brokered this with South Korea's involvement.

Actually now that I think about it, you might be right on some level--tensions with the globe and North Korea didn't de-escalate until Trump decided to start a trade war with China, which clearly pissed them off lol. So I suppose you can thank Trump for pissing off China to the point that they decided to steal Trump's thunder from him and handle negotiations themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm sorry we should not. We can give Trump credit for things he has actually done but this is not one of them.
    Whatever works to get it done. Which started with Trump's tough stance and the sanctions. Trump is involved in it or there would not be any meeting between Kim and him. :P

Does not matter much if we here on MMO Champ give him credit. But the world will.

I think he is doing a great job with foreign policy. Not perfect, but no one is. You can continue to wallow in your hatred of him all you want however. And show it at the polls next time.
    I am sure it will the 100% approval rating Fox News gives him everyday, republicans should win by a landslide

Again it is not hatred I actually agreed with him on foreign policy the fact that you too busy licking his boots to hold him accountable says a lot about you. I mean heck even the Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones of the world criticizing him sometime but not you worshipers.

Whatever works to get it done. Which started with Trump's tough stance and the sanctions. Trump is involved in it or there would not be any meeting between Kim and him. :P

Does not matter much if we here on MMO Champ give him credit. But the world will.
    This is adorable. Fox News is not the world you silly child.