Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really don't understand Blizzard, neither with Garona, nor with Voss. They have so many other characters they could use but they change the characterization of existing characters for no real reason or invent completely new characters instead. It honestly feels like they don't even know their own cast.
    That's just it, they don't know their own cast. They essentially admited that already with the Stone Talon version of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's really simple: There's only one universe.

AU Draenor doesn't come with it's own Alternate Universe. There is no AU Azeroth or AU Argus.

It's like a pimple on reality, a little pocket of Draenor added on to what already exists, a small zit filled with the pus of WoD. The stars in the sky over AU Draenor are the stars of our sky, not a separate universe.

It's a pocket dimension that holds a single planet and nothing more, tied to our reality by time-magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Jossed, actually. They confirmed there's an entire AU universe with its own AU Azeroth and all.

It's better explained in Chronicle 3 AFAIK. Alternate timelines are normally unstable and fall apart after a while, but interaction with the main universe stabilises them, while the Legion tended to target worlds with a chance of spawning stable timelines first since it would make their work much harder.

So the Draenor timeline is stable now due to the events in WoD, but there aren't many others that could do anything relevant to the MU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Only way it could make sense.

He is right! Alex Afrasiabi confirmed in interview that AU Azeroth exists!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I still get the same question over and over again -- is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?

Yes!

Are we going to see it?

I would never say never, but it's not planned right now.

Source
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-04-20 at 11:45 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Is this old news? Original races seem to be able to change skincolor in barber shop (now?) for a small sum of 300 Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    Is this old news? Original races seem to be able to change skincolor in barber shop (now?) for a small sum of 300 Gold.

*snip*
    Better than forking over 15€ for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    He is right! Alex Afrasiabi confirmed in interview that AU Azeroth exists!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I still get the same question over and over again -- is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?

Yes!

Are we going to see it?

I would never say never, but it's not planned right now.

Source
    Welp. That's some bullshittery. One Burning Legion now makes 0 sense, since every alternate reality would require it's own Sargeras, Titans, and thus Burning Legion.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Welp. That's some bullshittery. One Burning Legion now makes 0 sense, since every alternate reality would require it's own Sargeras, Titans, and thus Burning Legion.
    You also have to take into account that this was 4 years ago before chronicle. I wouldn't put too much into the whole thing. They did come to regret alot about WoD, I wouldn't put it past them to retcon that wonky part later.

Alternate Sargeras perhaps, since he isn't a demon, but they have once said that the Demons themselves only exist once, basically the Twisting Nether where they come from transcends the different realities. And our Sargeras controls a chunk of them as part of the one Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-04-20 at 12:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Alternate Sargeras perhaps, since he isn't a demon, but they have once said that the Demons themselves only exist once, basically the Twisting Nether where they come from transcends the different realities. And our Sargeras controls a chunk of them as part of the one Burning Legion.
    But they CAN'T exist only once. Mannoroth, for example, gives his blood to the AU Draenorcs and is slain by Grommash. But he was at the same time in MU Draenor giving the orcs his blood and survived it. One being cannot be in two places at once. And he can't die in one and be alive in the other. Time-displacement? When the AU Draenor was going through the Demon-blood ritual was while MU Azeroth was recovering from the Sha of Mists? Sure! Except Mannoroth was dead at the time so he couldn't go to AU Draenor and be alive, and then get killed while playing out his past existence again.

And it also means that every Demon that interacted with MU Azeroth must've been resurrected, gone to AU Azeroth, and redid all it's lines and actions, again. Including... Mannoroth!

Unless maybe we've never -seen- a 'real' demon and only seen the creatures they've corrupted into demonic entities that aren't 'true' demons? Then those -entities- could be copied across timelines (Like Sargeras, or Archimonde, or Mannoroth) while the actual demons remain finite?

... This is giving me a headache.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

... This is giving me a headache.
    Don't think too much about it, i mean the people who wrote it clearly didn't.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Except Mannoroth was dead at the time so he couldn't go to AU Draenor and be alive, and then get killed while playing out his past existence again.
    Mannoroth was slain by Grommash on Azeroth, he would just resurrect eventually, wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

Duck lip has been slayed, atleast in various faces.
    I remember someone from the past New Belf Models thread wanting a change to the faces, wonder if they are still around, @Laze

Can confirm too in Alpha that these faces still have rigs with differing noses, brows and chins so it isn't just the Tpose face taking effect like sometimes in Alpha/Beta/Ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Waycrest manor looks cool, a bit of black rook hold feeling

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post

This is indeed a new feature, and pretty big! I've been hoping that was going to be added for a long time!

This, and the Male Blood Elf lip fix, is some great news!

- - - Updated - - -

As for the discussion on alternate timelines, Chronicles seems to suggest each world has its own true timeline. As a world branching off into two stable timelines, means the Legion now has two worlds they have to destroy, unless they manage to target the world before this branching occurred. Which is the preferred option.

As it specifically says this about worlds, not entire universes, it seems unlikely that a single world getting an alternate timeline, branches off an entire new infinite cosmos. Our meddling has made Alternate Draenor real. Alternate Azeroth is still just one of infinite hypothetical shadows, and not "real", unless we make it so.

Is everyman for himself really that strong to justify the nerf?

It seems like it is just about useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't get why people call it hell. They litterally go into something akin to the "void" (in a non-wow sense). If you want to go there it's essentially the kind of deal that people in supernatural are supposed to get if they are thrown into the empty . You get nothingness.
    No. Reread Sylvanas's story. There were things there. Things that delighted in the torment of souls.

Minimaps are in too.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I actually pestered my friends forever in that season so we could try some Arenas so I could get that set and I have it (and I am a fairly poor pvper on my paladin). I still would not mind at all if others could get it as long as it was not extremely easy.
    Yeah, considered doing that, too, but Paladin was still too new to me to delve into more challenging gameplay (and possibly annoy others with my noobness) so I relied on the naive belief that the set would be available again later.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I refer back to my comment. Most AUs are unstable, and the BL pre-emptively destroyed worlds that had the potential to spawn stable ones. Draenor AU is stable due to MU interference, otherwise it'd would have broken down after a while.

And it also means that every Demon that interacted with MU Azeroth must've been resurrected, gone to AU Azeroth, and redid all it's lines and actions, again. Including... Mannoroth!
    The complete "Demon stuff" is impossible to understand right now. Even in Legion, we killed Kil'jaeden and we were pretty happy about it, but it seems he would have been resurrected in Antorus like any other demon (damn Blizz, you could have designed some room where we would've seen him being resurrected through Fel magic, would've been awesome !).

So yeah, as long as we don't have a clear yes/no to the question "1 or infinite burning legions", that will be a total mess. Unfortunately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    but I wouldn't say that Vol'Jin opposed any Zandalari King. That is overstatement, however him resting next to them is absolutely off. Because he is NOT Zandalari King himself, he is Darkspear Chieftain so his resting place should be close to his tribe and not on separate continent far away from home xD. .
    Oh sorry, didn't mean he opposed all of them (though he did call out Rastakhan during Zul'Aman in Cata). I was referring to the fact that he is being laid to rest right beside a tribe of trolls whose last contact with him was as enemies instead of...
    What you also said. He should be with his tribe.

Maybe there's info missing and there's a reason for Vol'jin's remains being sent to Atal'Dazar... Guess we'll have to wait
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.